News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Seacliff sites wanted

Started by Surfcal, Jul 10, 2008, 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Yeah, wishful thinking...but if you do have reservations for any dates between July 15th through the 20th, I'll buy it off you.

Hope all is well with all of you.

Dee4j

Quote from: SurfcalYeah, wishful thinking...but if you do have reservations for any dates between July 15th through the 20th, I'll buy it off you.

Hope all is well with all of you.

there is a song from Aerosmith that comes to mind....

Dream on... :p

Surfcal

I'd also like to buy a bridge that leads to Seacliff if you have one for sale.

Quote from: Dee4jthere is a song from Aerosmith that comes to mind....

Dream on... :p

HersheyGirl

Where is seacliff?

Surfcal

Quote from: HersheyGirlWhere is seacliff?
Seacliff is a Utopian place in Northern California where only the alert campers with demon dialers can get reservations.

Seriously, Seacliff is part of the CA. State Park System and it's got w/e hookup sites that go right to the edge of the beach in Capitola, a town near Santa Cruz.

I've never been able to camp there because once they open up reservations at the top of the month like 6 months ahead of time, the veterans are right on it.  Here's more info:  Seacliff State Beach

Dee4j

I'll have my engineers get with your engineers and I'll get back to ya on that bridge :D

I was looking at the when I was planing my trip up north...for this trip I needed (wanted) Full H/U with sewer since I was staying a week...Like I was going to get a site anyway...

6Quigs

Quote from: HersheyGirlWhere is seacliff?
This is a view of Monterey Bay from the bed of our popup, (from the days when they allowed popups at Seacliff)

Reservations are tough to get for Seacliff, All weekends get booked up within the first 30 seconds of Reserve America being open at 8:00 am on the first of the month, six months before your trip.

HersheyGirl

Oh man, that looks wonderful.  I want to go too!  Hope you can get some reservations as this place looks like a little bit of heaven.....

OC Campers

I am thinking I need to get a reservation here sometime.

Jacqui

Surfcal

Hey OC:

The Quigs is our resident expert about this campground.  He was kind enough to give me a site about 3 years ago when I had the one-sided popup, but a young over zealous ranger vetoed the idea.  Even though I was solo and I said I was camping with the Quigs, they turned me down and had to go down the way and camp at New Brighton.  It was a big disappointment.

Thanks again Kevin for trying.

OC Campers

Quote from: SurfcalHey OC:

The Quigs is our resident expert about this campground. He was kind enough to give me a site about 3 years ago when I had the one-sided popup, but a young over zealous ranger vetoed the idea. Even though I was solo and I said I was camping with the Quigs, they turned me down and had to go down the way and camp at New Brighton. It was a big disappointment.

Thanks again Kevin for trying.
I will have to work on him next weekend at Lake Lopez.  Maybe he will have an extra site floating around that he doesn't want.:D

Jacqui

Surfcal

Who all is coming from northern California to Lake Lopez?

I know you and the Quigs are.

HersheyGirl

What is Lake Lopez like?  Is it wonderful too?

Surfcal

Quote from: HersheyGirlWhat is Lake Lopez like?  Is it wonderful too?
I've never been there, but Lake Lopez looks pretty good.  There's apparently a SoCal rally happening down there this coming weekend.

Dee4j

Quote from: SurfcalI've never been there, but Lake Lopez looks pretty good.  There's apparently a SoCal rally happening down there this coming weekend.

a hem...it's not a "socal" rally,  :rolleyes: We were trying to make it the "meet in the middle" rally but I guess only Socal people camp anymore :eek:  ;)   actually we have Surfcampers, OC Campers, 6 Quigs, & Boncrab all coming from the north...call Lopez maybe there is a site open somewhere and you can join us :D