News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Not many people checking in

Started by OC Campers, Sep 02, 2008, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

This is a pretty sad turnout, not many of us left. We were thinking of trying to put together a mini rally sometime this fall. Looks like if we do, it'll definately be "mini" sized for sure.

Randy

Dee4j

Quote from: OC CampersThis is a pretty sad turnout, not many of us left. We were thinking of trying to put together a mini rally sometime this fall. Looks like if we do, it'll definately be "mini" sized for sure.

Randy

you'll just have t come camp with us we have 4 rallies scheduled between now and new years :-()

6Quigs

Sorry,
but we are too busy camping to be wasting time, checking in here ;)

miss kathy

so how do you join your group???

OC Campers

Quote from: miss kathyso how do you join your group???
Unlike the SCcampers we have no special initiation rules:D, no special song, no special hand shake.    We just pick a time,  date and place and go camping.  We were thinking of maybe trying a get together sometime in October but my husband has work conflicts 3 out of 4 weekends so I am awaiting his free weekend (It is either the 10th or the 17th of October)

Boncrab is also working on setting up a "meet in the middle" rally with the SCCampers in Santa Cruz sometime over the summer of 2009.   Everybody is welcome.  

Miss Kathy--We got together with Zambonie (Glen and Kelly) over the weekend (they met you up at Lake Siskiyou) and were trying to figure out a good date to do a rally.  Just have to wait on my hubby and his work schedule.  Unfortunately, I work retail and the busy season is coming up really fast so my camping time is getting limited.  Keep checking back, I hope we can get this group up and running again.  They used to be very active but times change.

Jacqui

miss kathy

Quote from: OC CampersUnlike the SCcampers we have no special initiation rules:D, no special song, no special hand shake.    We just pick a time,  date and place and go camping.  We were thinking of maybe trying a get together sometime in October but my husband has work conflicts 3 out of 4 weekends so I am awaiting his free weekend (It is either the 10th or the 17th of October)

Boncrab is also working on setting up a "meet in the middle" rally with the SCCampers in Santa Cruz sometime over the summer of 2009.   Everybody is welcome.  

Miss Kathy--We got together with Zambonie (Glen and Kelly) over the weekend (they met you up at Lake Siskiyou) and were trying to figure out a good date to do a rally.  Just have to wait on my hubby and his work schedule.  Unfortunately, I work retail and the busy season is coming up really fast so my camping time is getting limited.  Keep checking back, I hope we can get this group up and running again.  They used to be very active but times change.

Jacqui

I would love to get together - trying to arrange the same thing with Glen & Kelly and others for a week-end somewhere close- thought about - Coloma or 49er camp-  The week-end of October 17 would work for me. I will send Kelly an email tonight and check with them and see if available for that week-end. :-()

OC Campers

Quote from: miss kathyI would love to get together - trying to arrange the same thing with Glen & Kelly and others for a week-end somewhere close- thought about - Coloma or 49er camp- The week-end of October 17 would work for me. I will send Kelly an email tonight and check with them and see if available for that week-end. :-()
We have been to 49er Village and it is really nice.  My kids go to Coloma for science camp and would like to go there too.  Either works for us.  Another fav. of our is Francis Lake Resort.  It is up towards Marysville.  Talk to Glen and Kelly and let me know.  My daughter is their nanny so I see them quite often:D

Jacqui

miss kathy

Lake Francis is kind of far for a 2 day- I will check into Coloma and see what's available.

I have meet your daughter - nice kid

OC Campers

Thank you,, we think she is pretty good too.

Jacqui

calstate360

This is Joan using Sal's ID..

We don't go to many of the other places because they tend to be a bit expensive for us. And, since we belong to NACO/Thousand Trails we always camp at one of their resports because it doesn't cost us anyting except our yearly dues. Like the one that is being planned for July or August; with it costing $53 per night, to stay just 3 days would cost us half or our yearly dues! If you all want to go to Coloma again I can try to arrange to superhost at Ponderosa where we just camped and had a mini rally before. It is right on the river. Let me know and I can try to work it out. If the rates haven't changed, it was $32 per night last time.  Or I could arrange it for Lake of the Springs, which is a bit closer than Lake Francis.  Let me know or should we take a pole?

Joan

boncrab

Welcome Kathy - we are trying to revive the NorCal Campers group.  Here is a link to the rally I'm planning for next July or August.  It's not quite a meet in the middle, but in the summer.  Looks like it will probably be in July.   http://www.arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=66581  

And now that I'm looking I see you have already seen the page.  Hope you can make it.

Jacqui,  a camping weekend on Oct 17-19 would be great.

Hoping to see you soon.

Bonnie

miss kathy

I called Colomo today and they asked me to call back tomorrow regarding sites for any number of us above 4 or more- they want me to speak to the group person said that way we can stay beside each other in a group- So after I call tomorrow I will post the information.

This is what I can remember:

The rates are 42.00 per night for (2)people and kids under the age of 6 (up to 2) are free, each additional person I think was 3 or 5 forgot and rigs over 35 feet are $5.00 additional.

kathy :-()

OC Campers

Quote from: miss kathyI called Colomo today and they asked me to call back tomorrow regarding sites for any number of us above 4 or more- they want me to speak to the group person said that way we can stay beside each other in a group- So after I call tomorrow I will post the information.

This is what I can remember:

The rates are 42.00 per night for (2)people and kids under the age of 6 (up to 2) are free, each additional person I think was 3 or 5 forgot and rigs over 35 feet are $5.00 additional.

That is ok.  We have learned that if you want hookups, you gotta pay.

Bonnie--it would be great if you guys would come up for the rally.  

Jacqui

boncrab

You can count on us for the 17-19thm but the weekend before Bryan has a racquetball tournament he may be participating in in Merced.  Opposite direction.....

miss kathy

I just got off the phone with Colomo for the week-end of Oct 17-19th.  They have space available both on the river front and the other area for a least 8 rigs -  The cost is $42.00 per night (2 people) $7.00 for each additional person -up to 6 people- If we deciede to do this each family will be responsible for making their own reservations with the park-  We will put it under one name, so they can keep us together.  

Let me know how many would like to go and I will call and make the reservations under the name of Jasso.