News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

New prices for California State Parks

Started by OC Campers, Aug 16, 2009, 06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

Here is a link to the new updated prices for California State Parks.  I have always said it was reasonable to camp in California.  I guess I am glad they raised the prices instead of closing the parks.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/737/files/august%2017%20web_camping.pdf

Jacqui

Dee4j

Quote from: OC Campers;209064Here is a link to the new updated prices for California State Parks.  I have always said it was reasonable to camp in California.  I guess I am glad they raised the prices instead of closing the parks.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/737/files/august%2017%20web_camping.pdf

Jacqui

wow Pt mugu is now $25 from $15 I'm too lazy to look up what we paid at San Mateo on Labor day but they now want $60 bucks..I'd rather get the group rate at a private park that has a pool etc...

OC Campers

That was my thought too.  Depending on the state cg you want to visit, it would almost be cheaper to stay at a private RV park.

Jacqui

wavery

Quote from: OC Campers;209067That was my thought too.  Depending on the state cg you want to visit, it would almost be cheaper to stay at a private RV park.

Jacqui

YA!!!! Right..............like the private RV parks won't respond to these increases :rolleyes:.....don't hold you breath.....

This will cut our number of camp-outs per year in half....:(

6Quigs

Thanks for the link Jacqui, and I agree with you that camping at State parks is reasonable and I am glad they raies the prices rather than close any campground.
Our favorite sites have gone up from $25 to $35 a night at New Brighton and $45 to $65 a night at Seacliff.
It's still not going to stop us camping or reduce the number of times we camp.

dkutz

Well there are only a few sites that effect us, right now.  $60 is steep, but like wayne we will have to cut back probably.  Or look private, or group rates at private.  Some aren't bad prices...but it seems to me the prices would be more reasonable if they full hookups.  Some like San Elijo and Doheny are still a good price for a beautiful ocean side site.  But I wouldn't pay $60 at san mateo

oreo57

Quote from: dee4j;209066wow pt mugu is now $25 from $15 i'm too lazy to look up what we paid at san mateo on labor day but they now want $60 bucks..i'd rather get the group rate at a private park that has a pool etc...

$34.00

OC Campers

Quote from: 6Quigs;209071$45 to $65 a night at Seacliff.
I was sniveling about paying $44 to go to Seacliff (of course it is beach side with hookups and a similar hotel would be $200 or more) but I have to admit I probably wouldn't pay $65 a night but once a year.

Jacqui

P.S.  a good thing about this is maybe it won't be so hard to get into a favorite campground now.  Some people were barely able to pay the old price