News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Deshnizification

Started by gsm x2, Feb 01, 2003, 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Well I got some work done on the PU today.  Somthing I ve wanted to do since I got it.  I always seem to pull into a campground at night so I added some driving lights to my rear bumper.  Got the lights at Kragen for $21.95 and the install was a breeze.  Got a cool new tool too.  It s a mini tourch, can t remember the brand right now but it came in handy for soldering the connections.  It will come in handy for getting campfires lit too.  

Heres some pic s of the lights.

http://members4.clubphoto.com/michaelmichele294619/1126055/guest.phtml

gsm x2

NickOooo--Mike I like it.  Simple, but elegant and most important...something even I could do.

And---I think you may have come up with an example that could settle the dechintzify/deshnizify debate for once and for all.

dechintzify:  To modify a PU by modifying something chintzy with something better.  For example, I replaced the chintzy plastic water pipes with flexible metal household ones.  What Larry had done with his trailer tongue is another.

descnizify (and all variations of spelling): To modify a PU with a creative addition that isn t present in the original.  Your lights are a good example.  Or where we keep our broom.

Looks like you ll have a chance to check out your lights in Olema.  We ll be watching.  Hope you didn t mind drawing attention to yourself.

gsm x2

Ab Diver

NickGood for you, Mike! Those lights will come in handy for flashing jerks who tail-gate you with their brights on, too. [;)]  You now qualify for your official NNC Deshnitzification merit badge. (to be awarded at Olema)

Me?  Heading out back in a couple minutes to replace the brakes-- they were due. Falls right in line with the annual bearing repack, so I can kill two birds at once.

Then I get to switch the old city water connection with a new one... the old one-way valve was stuck and started spitting antifreeze out the side of the trailer when I winterized. That s what I get for not using a good single-malt to winterize it California style. [;)] Yeah, I know... I ll submit to NNC reprimands and disciplinary actions when my serious transgression of NNC rules and regulations is brought forth at the next NNC judicial hearing. (Hanging my head in shame...)

gsm x2

ab diver
QuoteGood for you, Mike! Those lights will come in handy for flashing jerks who tail-gate you with their brights on, too.

I am picturing poor Josh sitting on the battery box as Mike rolls down the freeway, so Josh can flash the lights on and off in response to tailgaters.

Might I suggest that the switch be brought inside the TV before you use the lights for that purpose.

gsm x2

Nick

NickActually the thought that came to my mind was the theme song from Mission Impossible playing as I crawl out the window, over the back end and onto the trailer.[8D]