News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Looking of info on Sears camper/trailer

Started by PatB, Apr 18, 2008, 10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trailman

Quote from: nineoaks2004The first PU that I owned was a Sears, 1 wheel, the wheel swivled around, the front clamped to the bumper in two places, easiest thing in the world to back up. I was huge when opened, the tent was made of a real heavy canvass. It had a large room on the side, and the top unfolded on each side to make a bed. The wheel finally gave up the ghost and I could never find a replacement for the whell or bearings.
Sounds like it may have been similar or maybe even manufactured by Heilite.
Do you have any photos of yours?

starwindful

My Dad/Mom had a newer bright red camper with a white canvas traveling top that buttoned around the sides; also with a beautiful blue sky "extra tent" we called it that attached to the door side.
The popup aluminum bars held the canvas roof up and the 4 feet extended to balance the camper. Many childhood stories with this camper. It was stickered the Sears VII , I will post some black and whites when I get home this weekend. Very many memories.
I only saw one other camper like it at Myrtle Beach Pirateland campground back in those 60's and early 70's years. (jealous)
It finally was taken out by a strong wind. My uncle used the shell as a shelter out in the woods where he hunted.  Its still there somewhere!
Will post my pics asap. And guess where I work now? Sears.
 John