News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

photos and sizes

Started by John Madill, Sep 24, 2007, 08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Madill

Many thanks to Trailman for posting  the  magazine ad!!  fun  to see it  in its prime.

my photos  are  small as i keep getting a message telling  me to make them  smaller.

how are you able to post big  images?

Russinator

I use Photobucket for doing that. At this time, I only have their free account.

Below is an example of Photobucket's posting - Russ

AustinBoston

The large photos are not being posted as attachments; they are posted on photo hosting sites and being included as images.  The photo is never actually stored on the Arvee Club site, but loaded directly from the hosting service.  PBase and PhotoBucket are examples; I think there is a way to use Webshots if you have a paid account.

BTW, with .jpg images, one way to make the image smaller without reducing it's dimensions (but there is a limit) is to increase the compression of the image.  Compressed images loose some detail, and with a lot of compresssion, they look really bad, so it's always a compromise.

If you are using Photoshop, in this case you might want to use another program.  Photoshop is stubborn about not producing really small .jpg files.

Austin

Trailman

John, I agree, try using photobucket.
Here is one of a similar era trailer to yours, its a 61 Apache Eagle.
Note the pic was taken before No smoking signs were invented  :D

Funrover

skamper75

Do you use Manage attachments for photobucket? I just signed up on Photobucket but cant get it to attatch, I can attach it as a hyperlink.  This one was attached from pc.