News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Thoughts about Pismo

Started by Azusateach, Dec 27, 2005, 09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azusateach

Quote from: TheVikingThanks Glen, but hold that thought for now.  We ran into a bit of a roadblock.  I'm told Pismo does not take deposit's on reservations for July or August.  Therefore we would have to reserve the sites on Feb 1st and pay in full for all 40 sites by Feb. 10th.  I plan to call Pismo on Monday to verify this info before we give it up. A $600.00 deposit is a far cry from a $4000.00 to $5000.00 total site fee.  I will keep you all posted.

Well, if that's the case & everyone knew about it I don't see why we can't all just pay you by the 1st of Feb.  Heck, it'll make the trip feel like we're going free!  I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get a spot up there.   I know, I know, commitment's a scary thing.  But it's good for the soul!  ;)

Laura

P.S.  Just called Pismo, and it sounds as bad as Yosemite to get into in August.  Sounds like everybody needs to commit with the whole $$ so whoever's calling on Feb. 1 can make reservations & not have any out-of-pocket expenses.  The woman I spoke to today said that they can't guarantee we'd all be together.  Wonder if there's any "magic" that can be done if we get a big enough group.  Again, I'm all for it!  Wish I could help with the calling, but my 32 5th graders wouldn't take kindly to me sitting on the phone making reservations.  The woman said to begin calling about a minute before 8:00, and not to hang up if you get put on hold.  OH!  The cancellation fee is $10, up to 10 days prior to arrival.  Then it's $10 plus 1 night's deposit.  Not bad.

Freedom_5

Quote from: TheVikingThanks Glen, but hold that thought for now.  We ran into a bit of a roadblock.  I'm told Pismo does not take deposit's on reservations for July or August.  Therefore we would have to reserve the sites on Feb 1st and pay in full for all 40 sites by Feb. 10th.  I plan to call Pismo on Monday to verify this info before we give it up. A $600.00 deposit is a far cry from a $4000.00 to $5000.00 total site fee.  I will keep you all posted.

Hey Brian,
   Do you think that pismo wants all this money up front thinking that this will scare us away, due to the issue of being too loud last trip and that deputy dog ratted us out as a group? If we were able to do this last year why the change this year? I think you need to call the owners and convey that we are a very good group of people who want to enjoy their place of bussiness! I believe there were no issues of money last year so why the change?
  Also think that a poll is in order just to see WHO can really make this campout. Maybe we won't have to have 40 sites and having fewer campers would make pismo drop their requirement!
  I also think that if all of us know up front that we need to put in the full amount up front; that it could be done and remove that roadblock you spoke of.
We need a bigger stick for leverage when dealing with pismo.
 Im just a little ticked off so im venting right now ( sorry, everyone )!

Azusateach

Quote from: Freedom_5If we were able to do this last year why the change this year?

I don't think the issue is the group, but rather the time of year we want to go.  According to the woman I spoke with yesterday, June is quite open compared to July and August.  When I mentioned that I was with the PU group that has come up in the last couple of years, she didn't have anything negative to say about us.

[/QUOTE]  Also think that a poll is in order just to see WHO can really make this campout. Maybe we won't have to have 40 sites and having fewer campers would make pismo drop their requirement! [/QUOTE]

I agree with you!  So, here's the first vote for Aug. 11-13, plus or minus a couple of days!   :D

TheViking

Bob, I didn;t tell the girl I talked to who we were, jus that we would want to reserve 4o sites max.  Laura is right, it is the time of year.

We'd still be down for going but I'd like us all to be together, and it doesn't sound like that would happen.

Freedom_5

Quote from: TheVikingBob, I didn;t tell the girl I talked to who we were, jus that we would want to reserve 4o sites max.  Laura is right, it is the time of year.

We'd still be down for going but I'd like us all to be together, and it doesn't sound like that would happen.

When you call after reading my email to you, Tell the owners that money talks! We need for all of us to be together!

Dee4j

It is the time of year that's when its the warmest..(if you think 73 is warm) so it's quite popular...actually I had one of the security guards last year say he was pleased with our group..that even for our size we did well with the noise..
(especially since I shut the Karaoke down just before 10pm quiet time)

again it's one of those things that demand allows them to set the rules...they will fill the sites no matter what during those months whether we book it or not..same thing is happening for the Halloween rally it's soooo popular they will be full with or without us...just like gas prices...peple have to buy it whether it's $2/gal or $3/gal..people may travel less but people have to get to work,school,store

also the "pay in full now" is a killer  at least for me..I have other campouts I want to do which I have to book now and pay a deposit, Kevin's Jr high trip and summer camp (kevin has been going too since he was 4 yrs old & kara goes now too) you have to book now or you can't get in...so much too do so little time and no money to do it :eyecrazy:

I think the campgrounds should let us camp for Free...just to be graced with our great company :D

zamboni

Quote from: TheVikingThanks Glen, but hold that thought for now.  

Therefore we would have to reserve the sites on Feb 1st and pay in full for all 40 sites by Feb. 10th.

I just posted a poll in this forum (I'll post a link in SoCal) to guage interest in a Pismo Rally.

:tent:  Poll:  2006 West Coast Rally (Pismo) August 10-13

I talked it over with my wife, and one possibility is if people can commit at the very least $10 (preferably $55, about one night), we can cover a chunk for at least a couple of months, provided that people agree they'd lose the $10 deposit.

Of course, we'd also have to have people paying the full amount, if possible!  If anyone else can temporarily chip in an extra bit for a couple of months, we could get a big enough rally.

Perhaps, also, Pismo might agree that we would not be subject to the $10 cancellation fee for some sites, if we pay in full or cancel them by like April/May.

Example:
13 commit full amount
7 commit $55
5 commit $10
---------------------
25 total.

If Pismo will let us reserve 35 sites, with 10 not subject to the $10 fee if paid in full or cancelled by April 15, we might be able to get this rally planned..........
 :)