News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

R-Ranch rally, Napa Valley - Feb 17-20

Started by zamboni, Jan 13, 2006, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

This will be our puppies first trip too.  I hope Bella behaves.  She is a Boston terrier/bhihuahua.  Maybe Boo Boo and Bella can play.

Jacqui

OC Campers

We are hoping to make a 3pm departure.  Bill thought he might be there by 4pm.  It is about 75 miles according to mapquest.  Hopefully we are going against the traffic.

Jacqui

zamboni

Unfortunately, we won't be getting out of here until about 6pm.  We could probably leave about 5:30, but that would provide us diminishing returns -- rush hour crossing Sacramento is pretty slow.

That will probably put us there about 7:45ish.  I'll listen for the sound of blenders.

towrod

Have FUN guys!  
Don't forget Sugarloaf Ridge in April!

OC Campers

We are back safe and sound. What a nice trip. The weather was a challenge but we still had a great time. I can now say I have camped in freezing conditions. I didn't see snow but we did hear that there was a little. There was some ice, in fact we heard it falling from the tree onto the camper in the morning. Saturday night it absolutely poured outside. This is the reason we own a popup. No rain in the bed at all.:)

We have now pretty much decided that we need a hybrid. In the group of 3 campers, we were the lone popup. With 3 kids and 2 dogs, and a lot of rain. The popup is just too small. Might be this year, might be next year but it will eventually happen:D . I would love to have it by Yosemite but I don't know. Randy needs to work on the RV space next to the house first.

I loved the location of this ranch/campground. It was about a 20 minute drive to the Napa valley wine country. And yes we did partake in a little tasting and purchasing. I also enjoyed the Olive oil company. I think dinner tonite will be really tasty. We even made it over to Cordelia to Camping World to buy a couple things.  And the Apples to Apples game was a kick!!  Glen you made this game quite a challenge.:eyecrazy: :yikes: .  I will have to check with the A to A queen (Deidre) on the rules if the judge refuses to pick a card out of the offered lot because he didn't like the offered cards.:D

Thank you Bill for hosting this super get together. I enjoyed meeting you and "Drea" and your buddy Jerry. Thank you Glen and Kelly for hosting all of us in your camper at dinner times. A u-shaped dinette iand a couch is a must in a hybrid:D .

Jacqui

P.S. Tell Boomer that Bella and Angel say hi. I will remember to bring Boomers replacement bones.:)

mustang

Glad to hear you all had a good time!  I was thinking about the group when I heard about the freezing weather...happy you still had fun!

Don't forget about some of the next outings being planned...check them out on this site, and over at PUX.

Jacqui,
Some friends here in Vacaville told me over the weekend that they just put their hybrid up for sale.  Knowing who they are, I'm sure it is in brand new condition.  They hardly ever used it.  All I know is that it's 23'.  If you want more info, feel free to email me!

zamboni

Bill -- thanks again for having us out there.  As Jacqui said, the campground and area was very nice.

Sure, the cold weather was a challenge... but not too big of a deal since we kept the camper warm :)

Having the open floorplan & dinette was a definite advantage packing 10-ish people in the hybrid for dinner / drinks / games.  Luckily the baby could sleep through all the racket!

Bill & Randy -- I updated my sig to include the link to the Equal-i-zer hitch that I have (I'd given you the wrong website yesterday).  RV Wholesalers has it for $399 (be sure to get the 1000/10,000 lb (hitch/tow) instead of the 600/6000 - so you have "wiggle room" if you have a heavy front load in the trailer).

zamboni

OK... trip over... had fun... can we un-sticky this?

:)