News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Reyes the Rool Rally

Started by g-whiz, Feb 14, 2003, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Surfcal
QuoteOK, don t forget to include all the details for this rally.

TOS, Scott

Hey CWB, from now on, it s tri-tip for you and me pal. I ll bring it along. I ll bring extra for Ralph and Larry the chef.

Ray--thanks for being sympathic.

I appreciate that you recognize that there are lot of places to rabble rouse.  With only a couple of weeks to go before this rally, I want to make sure that I have this straight.  And at least for me, that s harder than it should be.

I hope you can make it down, even if for a night.
 gsm x2

Surfcal

SurfcalI like all of our schedules, it generally goes like this:

9:00 am - wake up
 10:00 am - breakfast and memosas
 12:00 pm - crack open the first of many beers
 2:00 pm - wine tasting
 4:00 pm - start potluck and more drinks
 8:00 pm - sit around campfire and more drinks (hard liqour)
 9:00 pm - start dancing on tables
 10:15 pm - security comes by to shut us down
 10:20 pm - party moves to another rebel site
 11:30 pm - more drinking, security catches on to where we moved
 12:00 am - make your way back to the trailer

Repeat as necessary.

Surfcal

Surfcal

gsm x2
 TOS:

You all right?  What s going on?

Surfcal

gsm x2

Surfcal
QuoteTOS:

You all right? What s going on?

Surfcal

Ray,

Just the kind of normal stuff.  A paid member has to cancel; someone wants in, so we arrange for them to pay the paid person.  Nothing that can t be handled, but with communications coming via the boards, e-mail, and PayPal, its kind of hard for me to keep track of it all.  Then I fear that with an imposter board set up, information will get further misplaced.

Wagonmasters need hugs, not rousing.

gsm x2

Surfcal

SurfcalGSM X2:

No problem.  Hey, nice pictures of the rally.  I am still trying to recover from all the Rabble Rousing on-location.  I still have hopes I can make it to the SLO rally.  I ve only missed the Woodson Rally to date.

Surfcal

Hybrid Holly

Surfcal
QuoteJust the kind of normal stuff. A paid member has to cancel; someone wants in, so we arrange for them to pay the paid person. Nothing that can t be handled, but with communications coming via the boards, e-mail, and PayPal, its kind of hard for me to keep track of it all. Then I fear that with an imposter board set up, information will get further misplaced.

Boy, am I glad you are in charge!

Nick

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Just the kind of normal stuff.  A paid member has to cancel; someone wants in, so we arrange for them to pay the paid person.  Nothing that can t be handled, but with communications coming via the boards, e-mail, and PayPal, its kind of hard for me to keep track of it all.  Then I fear that with an imposter board set up, information will get further misplaced.

gsm x2

Scott,
 Wait till it gets down to the last second and your having to switch people around, add some, delete some.  Wagonmastering is a great experiance.

The campout I organized this past weekend went great.  Had about 110 total and cooked breakfast for about 30 on Saturday morning.   I am so glad I got Larrys old stove.  All in all it was a good weekend other than poping down in the rain.  I did get to go kayaking at Elkhorn Slough.

Surfcal

SurfcalIn all seriousness, I personally have been very appreciative of the Wagonmasters.  I know it is not the easiest task and it s completely volunteer.  Every rally, the Wagonmaster is tasked with a lot of responsibility.

So to all that have Wagonmastered and to all future Wagonmasters, I thank you very much.  During rallies, I ve been pretty vocal about our gratitude.  I again thank you all.  I ve had alot of fun during rallies and they wouldn t be possible without you.

Surfcal

g-whiz

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

gsm x2

Psssst... I don t think TOS got enough huggin  this past weekend.  [;)]

SurfcalI have to echo Ray s comments.  I ve only gone to two rallies, but I ve been amazed at the amount of work that the wagonmasters put into making them come off without a hitch (get it....camping.....hitch.....ha ha ha). [:D]  Here is my ode to the past, present, and future NNC wagonmasters, ala ABBA:

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
 Pop that tent, is that site clean?, dig it the camping scene
 Friday night and the lights are low
 Looking out for the place to go
 Where they play the right music, dancing in the breeze
 You come to count families
 Six more people emailed me
 I still need money from site three
 With a bit of rock music, everything is fine
 You re in the mood for a dance
 And when you get the chance...
 You are the one in charge, stressed and beat, you can feel the heat
 The one in charge, pay the fees so you can meet and greet.

Corny, I know, but it s been a long day [8D]

Tania (a.k.a. ca_girl_001)

Nick