News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Reyes the Rool Rally

Started by g-whiz, Feb 14, 2003, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

aka Olema Rally

Date:  February 21 thru February 23 (that s next week)
 Where:  Junction of Highway 1 and Sir Francis Drake Boulevard
 Agenda:  Massive Wheezing and Coughing
 Wagonmaster:  Nick, the Closer

(Surfcal enters room.)

Surfcal:  Hello everyone!
 Everyone:  Hello Surfcal.
 Surfcal:  Yippee.  Today is my first day off in weeks.  No prospects of a huge project in the very near future and no out of town trips.

And so I peek into our forums and it is darn quiet, too silent as a matter of fact.  We need some Rabble Rousing action.

Sacto, we need some calculations going.  Word problem, if Ab Diver normally consumes a gallon per 15 miles with no wind, and now, if there is 10 miles of headwinds on his way to Olema, what is his new mileage rating?

Neff, we need more postings with " ha."   And G-Whiz, we need virtual Kazooing.

Best of all, we are headed into a Rally, unless it was postponed without my knowledge.  We need some discussions and over-planning.  Sammyslave, you still doing some culinary treatments of those slippery things?  Otter and CWB, commentaries?  Are Rallies becoming so mundane, so routine that no one comments on them anymore?  Hmmm, very un-Nick-Neff-Cough.

I also suggest that at this Rally, we always leave two chairs empty in honor of Y-Guy and TeacherMom s absence.  It ll be our ceremonial tribute for two of our original founders.

So the forums are open, get the TV ready and the PopUp well stocked.  Olema here we come.  OK, so here s the Olema theme song to the tune of Green Acres.  G-Whiz, this is a Kazoo song.

Olema is the place to be
 Camp living is the life for me
 Land spreading out,
 so far and wide
 Keep the city,
 just give me that countryside.

Surfcal

P.S.  Now a challenge, can we achieve a Reyes the Roof Rally thread of at least three pages before the Rally?  Poor Reyes the Roof Rally.  I know it s a rally by Nick the Closer, but we really should try to give this rally some love.  Have you noticed, no one talks about it.  C mon gang, let s go, Nick-neff-cough style.

g-whiz

SurfcalWelcome back Ray!  I really tried to keep things going around here, but I guess my posting abilities are still somewhat lacking.  I am responding to the challenge, tho, as I m sure every Nick-Neff-Cougher will do.

First, tho, I want to talk about words.  Like, did you mean to type Reyes the Rool Rally?   Since I love words and using them in different ways, I thot that was VERY clever.  I also thot about the word Reyes.  This could have been Ray s the Roof Rally or Ray s the Rool Rally.  It wouldn t make much sense, but how NNC would THAT be?!  And, let s not forget Raze or Raise as a word substitution.

QuoteI also suggest that at this Rally, we always leave two chairs empty in honor of Y-Guy and TeacherMom s absence. It ll be our ceremonial tribute for two of our original founders.

And, as we light the cermonial candle, a moment of silence would be a nice touch.  Followed by major Rabble Rouse, of course!

Ok, back to the rally.  We are bringing a ham the size of Hunter (but it weighs more), shrimp (my specialty), coffee (my other specialty and with a new and BIGGER coffee pot), the cermonial candle (new and improved since the last one cracked up - SO NNC worthy), and of course a few bottles of that wonderful Michigan wine that you loved so much!  Since we are going to drive thru San Jose, I m going to make Scott stop at that wonderful store that Larry and Rita introduced us too.... Lunardi s...  to pick up some savory snacks.  Oh, and the Kazoos!  How could I forget the Kazoos.  Especially since we have a theme song for the rally.  Which, btw, I have been practicing already.

QuoteNow a challenge, can we achieve a Reyes the Roof Rally thread of at least three pages before the Rally?

With posts this long, no problem!

6Quigs

Surfcal
QuoteP.S. Now a challenge, can we achieve a Reyes the Roof Rally thread of at least three pages before the Rally?
I wonder should we tell Surfcal about Raise the roof rally having it s own forum at
 http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tt.asp?appid=24
 and it has 2 topics, one of which has 5 pages of nonsense.
 and let s not forget
 http://www.popuptimes.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25213
 on the old boards which had 8 pages of even more nonsense.

If we add them all up we have the current total of 14 pages and if you add this page we have a grand total of 15 pages all dedicated to the
 " RAY s the Roof Rally"

Now if you go look at the NNC web site, you will also find pages dedicated to the RTRR. (I ll let someone else add them up)

Ray,
 Glad to see you back and jumping right into the rabble rousing.
 We missed you man.

" Olema is the place to be
 Camp living is the life for me
 Land spreading out,
 so far and wide
 Keep the city,
 just give me that countryside."

Nick

Surfcal
Quotethe cermonial candle (new and improved since the last one cracked up - SO NNC worthy)
That cerimonial candle is now over two dozen candle wax/dryer lint fire starters.  I ll bring them to get our fire roaring at Olema.  Arn t we NNC ers good recyclers!

QuoteSince we are going to drive thru San Jose, I m going to make Scott stop at that wonderful store that Larry and Rita introduced us too.... Lunardi s...

If your stoping at the one off 880 and Bascom and your going to be there around lunch time let me know.  I work not far from there and could meet you for lunch.  They make great sandwitches.

otter

SurfcalLon and I will not be at the Reyes the ROOL (f?) Rally,   (Reyes Rules?) but I m glad to add to the requiste pages needed for the same.  
 Actually, Lon and Sadie may just make it for one day.  Lon has a workshop on Sat AM and might come up on Sunday.  
 I however, will still be in Hawaii. (poor me  :))   It has been cool and comfy here.  I do love it!  I have not been able to locate any pop ups even for sale here, let alone a club!  I did find a kazoo or two, so there is still hope, I suppose.  
 glad you are back Ray.  
 I ll be checking in blabbering ....
 hugs & peace

Surfcal

6Quigs

QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

I wonder should we tell Surfcal about Raise the roof rally having it s own forum at
 http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tt.asp?appid=24
 and it has 2 topics, one of which has 5 pages of nonsense.
 and let s not forget
 http://www.popuptimes.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25213
 on the old boards which had 8 pages of even more nonsense.

If we add them all up we have the current total of 14 pages and if you add this page we have a grand total of 15 pages all dedicated to the
 " RAY s the Roof Rally"

Needlless to say, I am glad to be back in the Land of lilliPUT amongs the lilliPUTians.  My travels have taken me far and wide, but it is good to come back home to PUT.  As you can see Kevin, I ve been away so far, I ve forgotten that there s a seperate forum for Rallies.  How easily they forget.  It looks like I will be in the penalty box with Red, even though he hasn t committed a NNC crime, he owes me one.  Red, how about a Red Dog?

But I guess it won t hurt Nick the Closer s feelings if we gave his Rally a boost would it now?  I mean, this guy is all heart.  He s even bringing family members to tally up the numbers to qualify as a Mega-Rally.  Now that s dedication.

Otter, I am actually a good speller, but my fingers don t go to the right keys.  Funny how that works.  And I tend forget the apostophes and r s on your.  And with Rool, I am only one letter off from Roof or Drool.  Take your pick.

Surfcal

6Quigs

Surfcal
QuoteIt looks like I will be in the penalty box with Red,
I can think of a lot of places that would be worse than sitting in the penalty box with Red, drinking whatever Nick has recently brewed!!!!

Nick

SurfcalSpeaking of brew.  I got it bottled last week and of course the last bottle was not full so I could not cap it.  I choose to do the right thing, not let it go to waste.  It was a little flat as the carbonation has not occured yet but it tasted just like SNPA.  [:)][:)][:)]

g-whiz

Nick
QuoteIf your stoping at the one off 880 and Bascom and your going to be there around lunch time let me know. I work not far from there and could meet you for lunch. They make great sandwitches.

Mike, I think the Lundari s we know is in Evergreen.  I know we take the same exit that we use to hook up with Sammyslave for our caravan (Capitol Express off of the 101).  But, Scott and I do know that their sandwiches are the BEST.  We stopped by on our way home after the last rally and just happened to be there at lunchtime!

Red neff Barchetta

SurfcalHahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

It helps to get my point across since I refuse to use the asian degrading faces that this site now uses.

Man this place is slow.  I think the growing member list is just other family members getting user names.  I wish Dave had asked for donations like in the past and we could have kept the old PUT s.  Our area is the only place I check anymore.  Whaaaaaa!

Sure looking forward to Nick s brew, relaxing, and fresh air next w/e!

Just checking in while Amy is getting ready.  I proposed 14 years ago today!  If I had only known what I was getting myself into, lol (or " ha" ).

Surfcal

SurfcalOK, here s my Red Barchetta posting imitation:

Hey everyone, I listened to Neil Diamond on the way home.  Ha!  Since I bought it, it s never made it to the house.  Ha.  It s too good.  Ha.

OK, now my Sacto imitation:

If you are consuming domestic beer at the rate of 2 beers per hour and you ve been drinking for 3 hourx, then that will total 6 over time.  That really isn t enough to get anyone inibriated on the blood alcohol scale of ,01, unless of course you are imbibing beverages with higher content of more than...

My Ab Diver:

Whatup ya ll.  Just gut dun with some miner modificashuns and since I couldn t find those TV bags you all have been buyin , I ve resorted to manufacturing my own just by usin  scrap wood, some chewed up gum and good ol  Yankee ingenuity.  Just gotta make shure it don t go flying during those emergency stops.

CWB:

Hey, I just got my TrailManor out of the shop and I can t wait.  That is of course if TMM doesn t get in the way of a good time.  (Just kidding, maybe).

Otter:

There s a peace rally up in Berkeley so we can t join you that weekend, but have a good time anyway.

Holly:

I m coming, but I don t know about the Petester.  Maybe xomeone can email him.

GSM X2:

We re all packed, ready to leave first thing in the morning.  We re sleeping in our travel clothes except the shoes, set the alarm at 6:45 am, hook-up at 6:55 and be on the road by 7:00 am.  See you all at the rally.

Nick:

Did any of you see that SUV ad?  Like I am supporting terrorism just because I m towing a pop-up.  Sheesh.

Sammyslave:

(                                                                                          ).

Cheers you all,
 Surfcal

The Memory Maker

SurfcalI do hereby decree that the above posting was,by far and away, the funniest and most to the point that we have ever seen here on PUT.
 Ray-
 Perfection in posting!

Ab Diver

SurfcalHey, yo, whatup ya ll. I be up early in dah mo nin  cuz mah pappy be retiring from his job t day, and the who  fambly dun come home from all ovah dah state to s priz  him and deyz staying at mah hous , so s I couldna get to de puter las  night, if n ya knowz whut I meen.  

(kudos Ray [;)] )

Actually, that s a true story. My father retires today, after a lifetime of cutting hair. He became a barber back in the late fifties, went through some lean times after the Beatles made short hair taboo, raised four kids, and has stayed married to the same wonderful woman for 45 years. He s been in the same barber shop for 35 years-- *today*. So, it s a big anniversary for him, and quite literally " generations"  of local families have been saying their goodbyes to the local " flat-top king" . All the branches of the family tree have shown up for a surprise party tonight (hope dad doesn t read this forum [;)] ) and some are staying at my place, so I ll be a little busy this weekend.

So keep rousing and coughing, and I ll check in after all the fun is over.

T-minus 6 days and counting. Olema, here we come!

Surfcal

Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

Actually, that s a true story. My father retires today, after a lifetime of cutting hair. He became a barber back in the late fifties, went through some lean times after the Beatles made short hair taboo, raised four kids, and has stayed married to the same wonderful woman for 45 years. He s been in the same barber shop for 35 years-- *today*. So, it s a big anniversary for him, and quite literally " generations"  of local families have been saying their goodbyes to the local " flat-top king" . All the branches of the family tree have shown up for a surprise party tonight (hope dad doesn t read this forum [;)] ) and some are staying at my place, so I ll be a little busy this weekend.

So keep rousing and coughing, and I ll check in after all the fun is over.

T-minus 6 days and counting. Olema, here we come!

Hey Dave, give our regards to your Dad.  With retirement, it s like hair today, gone tomorrow.  That story you just told sounds like a portrait Norman Rockwell would have painted.

Man, over the years, that s a lot of follicles mowed down.  Have a nice celebration.

Surfcal

gsm x2

SurfcalDave,

I guess it s too late to send you the soundtrack the original Broadway production of the rock-opera " Hair"  to be played at your dad s retirement party.  Remember, " Hair, hair, hair, hair, long beautiful hair."

Gotta love the Internet.
 ------------------------
 Hair - The Cowsills

She asked him why?

Why I m a hairy guy?
 I m hairy noon and nighty-night-night.
 My hair is a fright.

I m hairy high and low.
 But don t ask me why,
 Because he don t know.

It s not for lack of bread,
 Like the Grateful Dead.
 Darling...

Give me a head with Hair.
 Long, beautiful Hair.
 Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen.

Give me down to there, Hair.
 Shoulder length or longer, Hair.
 Here, baby, there, momma,

Everywhere daddy, daddy, Hair.
 Grow it, show it,
 Long as I can can grow it my Hair.

I let it fly in the breeze,
 And get caught in the trees,
 There s a home for the fleas in my Hair.

A home for the fleas,
 A hive for the buzzing bees,
 A nest for birds.

There ain t no words
 For the beauty and the splendour
 And the wonder of my Hair.

Flow it, show it.
 Long as I can grow it,
 My hair.

I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy
 Snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty
 Oily, greasy, fleecy,

Shining, gleaming, streaming
 Flaxen, waxen
 Knotted, polka-dotted.

Twisted, beaded, braided,
 Powdered, flowered, and confettied,
 Bangled, tangled, spangled, and spaghettied!

Oh say can you see
 My eyes if you can,
 Then my hair s too short.

Down to here,
 Down to there,
 Down to there, down to where?

It stops by itself.
 No, never have to cut it
 Because it stops by itself.

Give me a head with Hair.
 Long, beautiful Hair.
 Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen.

Give me down to there, Hair.
 Shoulder length or longer, Hair.
 Here, baby, there, momma,

Everywhere daddy, daddy, Hair.
 Grow it, show it,
 Long as I can can grow it my Hair.
 -----------------------------------

gsm x2