News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: NNC Fireside Chat, Wed. 8:30 pm

Started by g-whiz, Mar 12, 2003, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

More info for next chat coming up soon...

g-whiz

SurfcalWhat a great idea Surfcal!  Tonight will be out for Scott and I since my brother-in-law is out here from Michigan doing some business in Sunny California and we will be hooking up tonight.  I hope you have a rabble rousing time and we ll chat up with you next time!

Cottonwooder

SurfcalI ll be there.  Possibly a bit late (so don t leave before I get there!), but I ll be there.  [:)]

6Quigs

SurfcalThanks for setting this up Ray.
 It will be to chat with people I ve actually met, and who are not complaining about all the snow and cold weather[:(]
 See everyone around 8.30pm

The Memory Maker

Surfcalsurfcal-
 Thanks for setting it up.
 I tried, but alas, I have a macintosh.

Cottonwooder

The Memory Maker
QuoteI tried, but alas, I have a macintosh.

TMM, we saw your name in there, but no text from you.  Does the room not work with Macs?  It doesn t work with Netscape, but is fine with MSIE and AOL.  Would a different browser help?

We re still in here, BTW, but it s only OC Camper and 6Quigs with me.  6Q has been duly nominated the Chat Head Honcho.

Surfcal

SurfcalCAL-Neff-Cough lauches its first ever chat session, elects a new Wagonmaster
 Dateline:  March 13, 2003, San Francisco:

I am pleased to report that the very first NNC Chat Rally was a success.  The flurry of activity was fast and furious.  There were insults being hurled everywhere you had to duck, farts were being exuded people had to change positions, and of course, if you weren t there, we talked behind your backs.  In attendance were:

DuaneFamily
 Otter
 Cottonwooder
 6Quigs
 CWB (aka Arvee_Stew)
 Surfcal
 n2n2p
 OC Campers
 And TMM logged in, but couldn t participate because he has a Mac

Some members started earlier than 8:30 pm.  But by 8:45, the keyboards were tap, tap, tapping away as if there were no tomorrow.  You can tell that by the absence of post on the boards last night.  It was out of control.

But, the news of the day is, Kevin has been elected as the Wagonmaster of the NNC Chat Rally.  The idea being that we will schedule a chat night about every two weeks.  He graciously accepted this esteemed position and he tried to do a major acceptance speech, but we cut him off, thank God.

CWB came in with a new moniker (or Monica) and all night we had to address him as Sir or Arvee_Stew.  Cottowooder, if you thought she was a voracious poster, try her in a chat room.   Otter, as usual was there to keep peace and order, hugs everyone.

TMM showed up, but couldn t make a full appearance because he uses a Mac & cheese.  Would you like fries with that TMM?  We had a great Sick-Neff-Cough contingent.  In fact, the South virtually outnumbered the North that they were on the verge of voting to move the Gold Country Rally to Lake Cachuma.  Sacto, take note.

Anyway, last night was another landmark event for NNC, the day we moved from the posting board to the Fireside to chat in real time.  It was a kick.

This is Surfcal

6Quigs

SurfcalI m happy to see that the moderators on PUT delete whatever happened in the campfire the previous day.
 So all our rabble rousing is just a memory, and I deny I ever said anything!!!

Ray did a good job of summarizing the event, for those that couldn t make it, we all had plenty of fun, chatting with friends we have actually met, and a few we have only met in Cyber space.

Ray suggested we meet again in 2 weeks, but with Snug Harbor only 8 days away, let s meet again next wednesday, to firm up our plans, and make sure we have enough food, and hopefully no too many more people show up, as it got a bit too hectic there at times, with 5 or 6 conversations going at a time[;)]

otter

SurfcalHi everyone:  The chat room was fun.  I ll be there next Wednesday.  Live chat is a bit more confusing but real time WORKS.  [:)][:)]
 Hail to the Chat Chief: Kevin.. bring your cuppa or mugga or glassa and join us.

SactoCampers

6Quigs
QuoteI m happy to see that the moderators

Don t you mean moderatours? [;)]

6Quigs

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

QuoteI m happy to see that the moderators

Don t you mean moderatours? [;)]

Not according to my Oxford English dictionary.
 That has the correct Queens English

OC Campers

SurfcalI really enjoyed the Fireside chat.  I have never done anything like it before.  It makes it easier to get to know everyone even if I have never met them.  Hopefully, I will be there next week.

Jacqui

Cottonwooder

6Quigs
QuoteI m happy to see that the moderators on PUT delete whatever happened in the campfire the previous day.

What was the thread about?

Cottonwooder

6Quigs
Quotelet s meet again next wednesday, to firm up our plans, and make sure we have enough food, and hopefully no too many more people show up, as it got a bit too hectic there at times, with 5 or 6 conversations going at a time

I ll be there!  It s been a loonnngggg time since I ve been in a chat room.  If it was confusing, you ll get used to it.  If there s an option to double-space the lines, that will help.  Perhaps increase the font size?

I used to be a chat host, watching over 23 chatters to make sure no trouble arose (and any that did was extinguished pronto).  I used to be able to be in a chat room, talk in IMs individually, AND post on a board at the same time.  Multi-tasking! [8D]

6Quigs

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

QuoteI m happy to see that the moderators on PUT delete whatever happened in the campfire the previous day.

What was the thread about?

No thread Patricia.
 You used to be able to log in to the campfire, and read what had been discussed the previous day.
 Now they seem to delete it every morning, so all those dirty jokes you told last night are gone!!!!!