News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: WELCOME Home Everyone

Started by SactoCampers, Jun 22, 2003, 10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy and David

sammyslaveYes, I checked out your photos almost as soon as you posted the link!  They re great pix.  My kids keep saying,  " I miss the group from the weekend!"   I think we have some dyed in the wool campers on our hands!

Surfcal

sammyslaveGreetings everyone:

I have been out of pocket for about two weeks solid now and this has been one of my rare opportunities to check in.  It is so gratifying to hear everyone had so much fun in the vintage spirit of NNC fellowship.

I am also very touched by your sentiments that I was missed.  It isn t often that a lost sheep of the herd is regarded with so much awareness and I am truly humbled by your friendship.  But I would have gladly traded the humility to have been there.

However, I take much pride and joy the NNC Documentary was received with so much enthusiasm.  As a filmmaker/producer in my real life, the greatest goal is to communicate ideas and foster ideals.

As was displayed at the Gold Rush, there was more friendship, comaraderie and common interests displayed amongst all, truly a microcosm of an idealistic society.  I suppose that if we had set out to create the kind of community that we all want for ourselves, it would mirror what happens at NNC.  It is a suspended reality that comes in delightful monthly bubbles that staves off the rest of the world.

And so, despite the fact that I missed the biggest NNC party of the year, my small contribution was a video feature that celebrates the positive attributes of our cause...to take life lightly and have some fun, to enjoy the merriment with childlike innocence and to internalize the goodwill with lots of food and drinks.  It just doesn t get any better than that.

The NNC Documentary is meant to state the obvious, but perhaps more than anything, to serve as a reminder that what we ve achieved is a Utopian quality that just doesn t come around that often in a lifetime.  And those thoughts were so eloquently stated by the various members who ve become immortalized on tape.  What goes on in a certain filmmaker s head you ask? Well, there you go.

I may have not been physically there, but your collective thoughts gave me a presence on-site beyond what I could have filled if I had been there myself.   And as for the video, it is only reflective of what we already are, fun, caring, kind and refeshingly odd.  I am pleased to be in your company...in person and in thoughts.

Surfcal

P.S.  I will continue to be out of pocket for another week or so.  Even though I arrived home last night from being away from home for more than two and half weeks solid, I have to go into a very concentrated period of post-production.  But above all, I wanted to thank you for your kind words.

SactoCampers

CottonwooderPatricia,

Good pix!, I expecially love your " Low Tech Panoramic"  [;)]

Cottonwooder

SactoCampersWhew, glad we didn t lose this thread!

6Quigs

Cottonwooder
QuoteWhew, glad we didn t lose this thread!
I have to agree.

The only problem with moving the thread, then none of the links on the Nick-neff-cough.org web site work, when you are directing them for discussion on a rally.
 All the links for discussion before 1/1/03 are bad.

Interesting thing,
 I was following the Eastern Rally, and curious how theirs went compared to ours, as we both had over 30 families attend.
 We obviously have ALOT more fun than they do.
 Most of the post rally messages were to say they made it home[&:].
 Very little on what went on at the Rally.
 Most of the photos posted were a photo of the empty campsite, just the popup and tow vehicle, no people[:(]
 And no group photo[:o]

Glad we live on the left coast[:D]

Red neff Barchetta

sammyslaveKevin -
 I had the same thoughts as I was checking (read; " lurking" ) their threads and photo s. upon their return.
 I sure like how outgoing our group is.  Fun people!

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteInteresting thing,
 I was following the Eastern Rally, and curious how theirs went compared to ours, as we both had over 30 families attend.
 We obviously have ALOT more fun than they do.
 Most of the post rally messages were to say they made it home  .
 Very little on what went on at the Rally.
 Most of the photos posted were a photo of the empty campsite, just the popup and tow vehicle, no people  
 And no group photo  

Ditto on those observations.  Some others:

No names used in the photos--unless someone specifically said OK
 Surfcal s entry on the Rally was longer than any 5 of theirs, and he wasn t even at the Rally
 Almost no mention of Dave s presence at the Rally
 No mention of our video, but perhaps Dave had second thoughts after hearing that one guy say, " I am something of an elitest and I like being part of the best group out there, and that s what this is."

Anyway---just observations.

What I did find interesting is how far a lot of them traveled to get to the rally.

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

Red neff BarchettaAfter seeing your posts, I went to take a look for myself.  Some of the posts sound like the generic all-had-a-good-time brief articles I d occasionally have to write for the school newsletter before an event had even occurred.  Glad to be part of NNC.  We truly have that right mix of people (lunatics) that can t be created; it has to happen on its own.