Flying Fish Rally in Redding, Oct 15-17,2004

Started by pcmom, Jun 29, 2004, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calstate361

pcmom, glad you posted a update. JGW looks like the sites, for what you could see in their pictures, are more roomy than the other park, however they are higher priced. Since we are in a group, I don't mind being closer to our fellow campers and would go for the less expensive one or the second choice.  JGW does offer a 10% discout for Good Sam and AAA members which you should mention because most of us belong to one or both of those groups (we belong to both).  And Greater RV Park gives a 20% group discount.  So we will see what the group wants.  THANKS, and keep us posted.

Joan

pcmom

Joan,

It's a tough decision between the two parks.  Here are more details so you and others can help make the decision.

JGW:  more expensive, more charges for extra people, NO POOL or Playground Equip, Right on the river (good for coolness, but have to keep eye on children), I think they have fire pits, rec hall that fits about 35 people

Mt. Gate Rv:  less expensive, charges for extra people count at 6 years old and up, they have a POOL, no playground, no fire pits, rec hall is very small, - accomodating would put us on the outer edge so we could make all the noise we wanted, a further drive.

The pool could be a deciding factor......In October, it could be cool & raining or it could be very hot.  

What does everyone think????

g-whiz

Quote from: pcmomJoan,

It's a tough decision between the two parks. Here are more details so you and others can help make the decision.

JGW: more expensive, more charges for extra people, NO POOL or Playground Equip, Right on the river (good for coolness, but have to keep eye on children), I think they have fire pits, rec hall that fits about 35 people

Mt. Gate Rv: less expensive, charges for extra people count at 6 years old and up, they have a POOL, no playground, no fire pits, rec hall is very small, - accomodating would put us on the outer edge so we could make all the noise we wanted, a further drive.

The pool could be a deciding factor......In October, it could be cool & raining or it could be very hot.

What does everyone think????
It's a bummer that we can't attend this rally, but I just have to say this.... If you plan it, THEY will come.  Set the time, date, place and the rest just falls into place!!!!  It might be mini or mega, but whatever, we know it will be fun!  Have a great rally!

RTurner

The one at Mt Gate looks good for the swimming pool (if we go to the other that is ok, I'll just sneak over to my Dad's to take a splash.  HEY-maybe we could all crash their pool, they would love that!)
The sites look like they may not be that level, BUT that is what our leveler blocks are for!!!!!

Is the other campground the one you see from I-80 right past Anderson?

Nick-I see you are going, if for sure and if we can make it, we will bring our vroom vrooms-there is a riding area near the dam-if we do that we will have to fill out some papers to actually get over the Shasta Dam-let me know and I will snail mail the paperwork.

pcmom

I've posted the details for the rally in the 1st message of this thread.  I'm working on getting the Thread Title changed and making it a Sticky :D

calstate360

Quote from: pcmomWhat I need from you:
  • Your Name
  • Trailer Size (they will be assigning sites)
  • Dates of arrival/departure (fri-sun)
You will pay when you arrive.

Currently Attending:
PCMOM
RTURNER
NICK
CALSTATES

QUOTE]

Sounds Good. :)
We will e-mail you the info.
Sal

pcmom

PCDAD here! I stole PCMOM's machine for the night and have been working on elements of the rally...

1. We will have our boat (18' open bow ski, V6) moored at the courtesy dock at Bridge Bay (five miles from camp site) on Shasta Lake, full of gas, for any who would like to sight-see, ski, fish or otherwise. (There is a $5 parking fee at the lake.) Do not let the lower lake level scare you, there is still 350 miles of shore, impossible to see it all in one day!
2. Our Turtle Bay pass will be available to any who wish to visit. Sun Dial bridge is free and in same parking lot.
3. Fish hatchery will prove to be very entertaining.
4. Lassen park is only an hour drive from site, amazing place to visit if you never been.
5. Don't forget Shasta Caverns, underground cave full of wonder. Also at Shasta Lake.
6. Shasta Dam. SHould be seen, only 10 miles from camp site. Second largest dam in U.S., (I think it still is...). They might still be doing tours...

http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/GeoImages/BainCalif/CAL400/shasdam.jpg

7. Burney Falls. It is about 1.5 hours from camp, also worth seeing.

Thats all for now. I will steal her machine again soon. Please do not let boat sit idle, it will be sad.

Steve

Calstate361

PCMom or Dad,

I just found out that a lady I used to work with, and lives a couple of doors down from my girlfriend, just recently purchased a 19' ROO, so I contacted her and they (her and her husband) are interested, and excited, about attending this rally.

Name: John & Teresa Baker
Trailer size: 19' ROO
Dates: I assume Sept. 15-19, but will have to confirm

My question is, can we come on Thursday the 14th? We might want to come a day earlier and will see if my friends want to come then also.

PCDad, Sal and I would be interested in touring the lake in your boat. THANKS

Joan

Nick

PCMom,

We are not going to make this one.  To much going on in October.

pcmom

Quote from: NickWe are not going to make this one. To much going on in October.
Hi Nick,

We will miss you!  Hopefully we will see you at the next rally.

pcmom

Quote from: Calstate361My question is, can we come on Thursday the 14th? We might want to come a day earlier and will see if my friends want to come then also.

PCDad, Sal and I would be interested in touring the lake in your boat. THANKS
 Joan
Hello Sal & Joan,

I have you and the Bakers down for arriving the 14th.  We'll have the boat ready for you :)

pcmom

Hey where is everybody???  Don't you know it is still camping season  :tent:   oops wrong kind of camping....

So, who wants to come to Redding next month??  Rojana are you still coming?  We have to have at least 5 sites to get the discounted rate and there are only 3 of us right now :(

What I need from you:
  • Your Name
  • How many people/pets are coming
  • Trailer Size (they will be assigning sites)
  • Dates of arrival/departure (fri-sun)
I hope to see more names appear on our list soon :D :D :D

OC Campers

I wish we could make it but DH has inventories the whole month of October.  I have always wanted to see your part of California.   Have a wonderful time.

Jacqui

pcmom

Quote from: OC CampersI wish we could make it but DH has inventories the whole month of October. I have always wanted to see your part of California. Have a wonderful time.

Jacqui
Hi Jacqui,

Sorry you can't make it.  I heard that Jeff "might" host something up this way next summer.  It's even starting to cool down and not be so hot, in fact, it might rain tonight :yikes:

Michelle

pcmom

Hey Everybody,

Is anyone else coming to the Rally???  

Calstates are you and the Bakers still confirmed as coming?  

If we need to cancel the rally, I have to do it on Thursday, Sept. 30th to get my deposit back.

Also, if we do NOT have 5 or more sites then we have to pay the regular rate.

Is this just a bad weekend for everyone?  Or is there another reason for nobody wanting to attend? Do you want to meet up somewhere else?  

I saw there was the Pumpkin Festival at Half Moon Bay this same weekend.....what's the possibilty of finding a campground there? (the ones I saw all seemed to be first come first serve)

Please let me know ASAP.

Michelle