News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Are the NNCr's Done?

Started by griffsdad, Dec 20, 2005, 06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

griffsdad

Nick

I'm here, just very busy lately.  Been doing mostly local camping.

crawldaddy

Quote from: Dee4jHmmmm...I'm starting to wonder...Olema wasn't planned and the only campouts
some of the NNC'rs are going to are one's SCCampers are planning....I sure hope not...it's fun to get together with our fellow n. cal families...

There's still time for Olema.  

As a founding member of the "drop of the hat club" I'm ready to go at a moment's notice.  ..betcha two bucks they have plenty of sites available.

I'm presently planning on fly fishing at Lake Solano, but I could change to Olema - go ahead, twist my arm.

...and I still want to eat Cioppino.

Is there enough of this group remaining to muster a party?

I'm in.  Anyone else?

Bill

towrod

Towrod checkin' in - Our last time out in the Trailer was Veterans Day at Olema.
Plans to camp at New Brighton over  New Years were scrapped due to weather.
The "rally a month" days seem to be a thing of the past but I suspect things go in cycles.  
Sammyslave, Red-Neff-Barchetta, AbDiver - we miss you guys!

Remember the motto about rallies:  If you book it they will come.    This can be a bit intimidating for mega rallies at high end resorts but is straightforward enough for State Campgrounds.  

Look for new posts/new rallys from yours truly later today.

zamboni

Quote from: towrodRemember the motto about rallies:  If you book it they will come.

So... are you coming to Pismo? :D
(got 3 spots open)

towrod

Quote from: zamboniSo... are you coming to Pismo? :D
(got 3 spots open)
Well Glenn, I said "they will come"  NOT "I will come" ;)

Our kids will be in school at the time of the Pismo Rally and I am loathe to take them out.  Pismo is too far for just a weekend trip I'm afraid.  So, sadly, :( No.

dgrote

:yikes: Dee and Brutus are still here.  We never let the weather stop us.  What happened to Olema trip??? Seems like I just joined and then everyone stopped doing ralleys:confused:   Was it my margarita's???

zamboni

Quote from: dgroteWas it my margarita's???

Nah -- I know I liked them!  We're doing a campout in just 2 weeks... currently scheduled for Neil's Vineyard (in your neighborhood), but may shift to R-Ranch in Napa, courtesy of crawldaddy...

mustang

Mustang here...plenty alive and still poppin'.  Been camping quite a bit lately, and just saw Towrod's thread about the Sugarloaf Ridge S.S. Rally.  We'll be there!

Zamboni-
We met you for all of 1 hour or so last year at Sugarloaf...we were the ones with the cub scout outing that ended up being more of a NNC rally.  Hope to "meet" you again this year!

Dee4j

Quote from: dgrote:yikes: Dee and Brutus are still here.  We never let the weather stop us.  What happened to Olema trip??? Seems like I just joined and then everyone stopped doing ralleys:confused:   Was it my margarita's???

we have room at pismo :D

griffsdad

Not too many NNC's rally this year? Have you guys disabanded?

mustang

Quote from: griffsdadNot too many NNC's rally this year? Have you guys disabanded?

We have been together a few times this year, but not like in the past.  It's more like self-service rallies now.  Pick a place, post the info, and see if others can join in.

NNC has not "disbanded", but with the loss of interest of some core "members", things will never quite be the same. :(

Hope this explains the situation! :)

griffsdad

Quote from: mustangWe have been together a few times this year, but not like in the past. It's more like self-service rallies now. Pick a place, post the info, and see if others can join in.

NNC has not "disbanded", but with the loss of interest of some core "members", things will never quite be the same. :(

Hope this explains the situation! :)
Sorry to hear that. NNCr's were a fun group to camp with. Whatever happend to Scott and Georgeann Miller?

Dee4j

Quote from: griffsdadSorry to hear that. NNCr's were a fun group to camp with. Whatever happend to Scott and Georgeann Miller?

and surfcal....Oh.... I know, surfcal is afraid to come camp with us...he thinks I might poke a hole in his beer or something ;)  :J

Gwenzilla

Quote from: griffsdadNot too many NNC's rally this year? Have you guys disabanded?

Gosh I hope not.  We always enjoyed the company of NNCers.  We just have not be able to sync up with the recent self service events because of our work schedules.  
We'll be in Olema mon (17th) thru thurs.  As is usual lately it is a spur of the moment decision to go.  We hope to have more flexability in our vacation schedules next year so we can join up with some NNC outings.