Starry Night-Self Service Rally-Sugarloaf Ridge SP April 28-29

Started by towrod, Feb 02, 2006, 12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chkster

How many people? trying to come up with a dessert type thing as most seem to be on the main course line.. thanx

towrod

BTW - chkster - send dgrote your reservation info if you'd like her to try to save a site for you near the rest of the gang!

Quote from: chksterHow many people?
Towrod = 2 adults 2 kids (4 & 9)

Here's my guestimate :confused: for the rest:

Mustang ~2 adults 2 kids (10 & 13)
Zamboni ~2 adults 1 toddler
dgrote ~ 1 adult
fmr_ca_guy 2 adults 2 kids (10 & 13)
chkster ~ ??

chkster

sent off e-mail to dgrote
There will be four adults in our group Sat night.
What is the terrain to the park like? Those arriving for Sat eve. need to know  so they can make a choice of vehicle. An old VW camper or a newer dodge truck.
thanx

mustang

Quote from: chksterWhat is the terrain to the park like? Those arriving for Sat eve. need to know  so they can make a choice of vehicle. An old VW camper or a newer dodge truck.
thanx

Nicely paved road the whole way in.  A little steep and windy toward the end.

mustang

Rod,
Thanks for putting together a great trip!  It was fun to camp with you guys again, and meet some new folks as well.  Hope everyone had as much fun as we did!

towrod

Quote from: mustangRod,
Thanks for putting together a great trip! It was fun to camp with you guys again, and meet some new folks as well. Hope everyone had as much fun as we did!
My pleasure - Nathan and Rachel really enjoyed the time spent with Ryan and Jackie!   We'll have to do it again next Spring if we can't get together again sooner.

zamboni

We also had a great time -- but I've learned that Dee's margaritas should come with a warning sign! :)

towrod

Quote from: zamboniWe also had a great time -- but I've learned that Dee's margaritas should come with a warning sign! :)
Didn't you read the bottom of the glass?

chkster

we also had a great time.. thanx all
posted some pics in other thread.

towrod

Mid Spring seems to be the sweet spot for this campground. Still green but not too soggy.  I for one really like the added attraction when the Observatory is open to the public. :cool: I'll likely post the 4th annual Sugarloaf Rally (March/April 2007) when the Observatory Calendar is published for 2007.

mustang

Quote from: towrodMid Spring seems to be the sweet spot for this campground. Still green but not too soggy.  I for one really like the added attraction when the Observatory is open to the public. :cool: I'll likely post the 4th annual Sugarloaf Rally (March/April 2007) when the Observatory Calendar is published for 2007.

For the past several years, the public observing is always the last Saturday of the month.  Get out your 2007 calendar!

zamboni

Quote from: towrodDidn't you read the bottom of the glass?

Uh, couldn't -- the glass was never empty enough to read it! :D