Starry Night-Self Service Rally-Sugarloaf Ridge SP April 28-29

Started by towrod, Feb 02, 2006, 12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

towrod

Announcing the 3rd annual Self Service Rally at Sugarloaf Ridge SP.  This is a state campground located in Kenwood CA - between Sonoma and Santa Rosa.  
"Self Service" means that it is UP TO YOU to make your own reservations at www.reserveamerica.com  This is a State Park -flush toilets but no water or sewer hook ups.  There is no dumpstation at the park.  The sites are non-specific and are assigned by the Ranger upon check in - last year we had no trouble arranging sites nearby but there is no guaranty we'll be next door to one another.

In addition to the obvious nearby attractions of the wine country this park has a unique appeal - it is home to the Robert Ferguson Observatory (www.rfo.org) and it will be open for public viewing on Saturday, April 29!

Hope to see you there.

zamboni

Woo-hoo!  I'll have to talk to Kelly about this.  We were so looking forward to it last year.

It was a longish drive, but we got there and it was a nice place.  Then, our Niagara lift system broke while going up (the roof came down very fast!), and we had to go home :(

Shouldn't happen this year with the hybrid!

towrod

Quote from: zamboniShouldn't happen this year with the hybrid!
If your roof comes down this year it would be a sign to quit camping! :D

dgrote

You can count on me to be there with the pitcher of margarita's:eyecrazy:
Enjoyed last year.

mustang

Count us in!!!
Rod, got your email. (and replied)

Nick

Hey Rod,
I don't remember, is there electric hookups?

towrod

Hiya Nick!
Sorry, no hook ups of any kind - water spigots every 4 or 6 sites, flush toilets but NO SHOWERS.   NO DUMP STATION.

Generators are allowed but quiet hours are STRICTLY :yikes: enforced by the Rangers.

mustang

Quote from: NickHey Rod,
I don't remember, is there electric hookups?

Hi Nick/Mike,
That would be great if you guys can join us!  We'd enjoy camping with you again.  We'll be there with our generator if you have any power issues.  Hope to see you there!

towrod

towrod

Quote from: towrodBump -
.....Bump........bump....................bmp..........

Breathing shallow.... pulse thready...........

If I have to provide life support to my own thread I guess I should just let it die.........

zamboni

Quote from: towrodI guess I should just let it die.........

Nah!  It is just "so far out" -- we've got 2 more camping trips between now and then :)

That said, I just tried to book my Sugarloaf site.  Uh, can't remember my RA login, so I'll have to do it when I get home.  I'll try to remember to this evening!

(crossing my fingers that my roof says up for this campout!)

towrod

Quote from: zamboni...-- we've got 2 more camping trips between now and then :)

Playing it close to the vest eh?

zamboni

Quote from: towrodPlaying it close to the vest eh?

Doh!  That made me re-check the dates of our other trips: Mar 17-19, Apr 28-30.  We also camp with the Northern California Starcraft camper club (since we did own a Starcraft popup, when we joined, we have been "grandfathered" -- somehow, I'm their webmaster).  //www.CaliforniaStarcraft.com

Amusingly, the Starcraft Apr 28 is to Sugar Barge.  The NNC Apr 28 is to Sugarloaf  :Y

That said, since we'd rather go to Sugarloaf, I stand corrected: only 1 other camping trip betwixt now & then!

OC Campers

Sorry Rod, we would love to join you but I am back to work after being on medical leave for 3 months.  I work Fri-Monday so for now weekends are a "no-go":(

Jacqui

towrod

Quote from: OC CampersSorry Rod, we would love to join you but I am back to work after being on medical leave for 3 months. I work Fri-Monday so for now weekends are a "no-go":(

Jacqui

Ouch - Fri-Monday must put a crimp on the camping calendar.... we miss you guys. :(