News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Lots of new NNC rigs...please update us.

Started by Surfcal, May 07, 2006, 10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Quote from: SCCSCongrat's to everyone that upgraded. :-()  :!  We still have our niagara and plan to stay with it for awhile. Hope to see you in a cg soon.
Hey, I heard there was an SCCS sighting at Mt. Madonna.

SCCS

Yep that was us.

champ521

Sold the PUP. After cleaning it like new, I put it on craigslist late Monday night.  Tuesday morning I had three e-mails of interested parties. I showed it to the first responders on Wednesday morning and they had no problem paying the asking price. They will pick it up today (Sat). They are first time PUPers and I will try to turn them on to PUT and PUX.

Calstate361

Nice to hear that we aren't the only ones moving up the trailer/RV ladder.  We will finally get to have our maiden voyage with our new-to-us 5er.  My friends that are full-timers are staying at a Thousand Trails/NACO preserve called Morgan Hill which is located past San Jose.  We are leaving on Thursday (5/25) and coming back on Monday (5/29).   Sal has his truck all "tricked out" with side steps, new rims and tires, and several decals.  He's like a little kid playing with his new toy!   You know what they say, the difference between men and boys is the size/cost of their toys.  BOY IS THAT THE CASE!!!  I finally got everything unpacked in the 5er and except 2 boxes that Sal needs to take care of, we are all set to go.  Just have to put the food and cloths in and we are set.  I can't wait.

Since it is Fiscal Year end I'm super busy with all kinds of contracts and purchase orders from headquarters (us) and all our district offices.   I'm running with my head cut off and don't know which end is up.  This mini vacation is sure needed.

Hope to see all of you soon.  I need to discuss with Sal if we want to sponsor/superhost Half Done Hyjinx 4 or not (first part of August again) after all the problems we had with Yosemite Lakes last year.   Will post the decision soon.

Joan

calstate360

"Nice to hear that we aren't the only ones moving up the trailer/RV ladder. We will finally get to have our maiden voyage with our new-to-us 5er. My friends that are full-timers are staying at a Thousand Trails/NACO preserve called Morgan Hill which is located past San Jose. We are leaving on Thursday (5/25) and coming back on Monday (5/29). Sal has his truck all "tricked out" with side steps, new rims and tires, and several decals. He's like a little kid playing with his new toy! You know what they say, the difference between men and boys is the size/cost of their toys. BOY IS THAT THE CASE!!! "

I resemble that remark. ;-} But I'm not the one who had to have all new color coridnated stuff for the trailer!!!! Wait till I order the new tailgate. (8-)

"I finally got everything unpacked in the 5er and except 2 boxes that Sal needs to take care of, we are all set to go. Just have to put the food and cloths in and we are set. I can't wait."

I only have to pack my clothes!!!

"Hope to see all of you soon. I need to discuss with Sal if we want to sponsor/superhost Half Done Hyjinx 4 or not (first part of August again) after all the problems we had with Yosemite Lakes last year. Will post the decision soon."

I will never again put up with the heat at Yosemite!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any other time would be fine.

Sal

zamboni

Quote from: Calstate361I need to discuss with Sal if we want to sponsor/superhost Half Done Hyjinx 4 or not (first part of August again) after all the problems we had with Yosemite Lakes last year.   Will post the decision soon.

Guess ya'll haven't been reading the rally sections... :)

We swapped Pismo & Yosemite this year.  We're doing Yosemite June 29-July 3, and Pismo August 10-14...

People didn't like the August Yosemite heat, and the June Pismo water was a touch cold, so a swap made sense!

Surfcal

Sal & Joan:

Good luck and enjoy your maiden voyage with the 5er.  Should be fun.

Ray

calstate360

Zamboni/Glen,

YES, we have been reading the rally posts.  That decision was made by the So. Cal. group (Scampers), not us.  We are the wagonmasters for the Half Dome Hyjinx and we will decide if we will have it again or not.  We have received a few notes asking us if we were superhosting Half Dome Hyjinx again this year and we will!  We always go around that time of the year, so we decided to host others that might want to join us.   We originally had it later in August, but we were asked to move it closer to the first weekend in August so that the parents with school kids could still attend.  We will do it again and we will post it after we get back from this holiday trip.   When we superhost/wagonmaster this rally it costs you less to camp under our membership.  Granted, the place we have been does get hot, but with the ez-ups and the misters last year it wasn't too bad.  When I call to reserve sites I'll ask if we can be in the upper loop (where our friends were last year).  There is more shade there. We were in "Sun Valley" because it was closer to the playground and the parents could watch their kids from their trailer.  AND we were told by the person in charge that "Sun Valley" was where the groups had to be.   However, if we go to the upper loop the parents will have to either walk or drive to the playground to watch their kids.  We will see.  We will keep people posted.

Joan

zamboni

Quote from: calstate360[We always go around that time of the year, so we decided to host others that might want to join us.   We originally had it later in August, but we were asked to move it closer to the first weekend in August

Sorry, we weren't aware how it was organized (hosts, etc), since last year it was at the same time as our long-planned cruise... so all I know was from the threads where people talked about the trip last year and wanting to "move the dates" -- and we'd just believed it was "the same people"  :tent:

calstate360

Quote from: zamboniSorry, we weren't aware how it was organized (hosts, etc), since last year it was at the same time as our long-planned cruise... so all I know was from the threads where people talked about the trip last year and wanting to "move the dates" -- and we'd just believed it was "the same people" :tent:
It was not my post, the board has been screwed for Joan in the morning and she had to send it to me to post it for her. I however did come up with the idea. Since Yosemite is so hard to get a large number of sites together in. I told Joan to float the idea and I would set it up the first time. It was before the very first rally at Bodega Bay. We normally go to Yosemite the middle of May, to avoid the heat and the school tours. By request of someone from S. Cal. it was changed to the end of August. After one week it was changed to a week before that and has stayed there. I only consented to it to give the S. Cal. people time to get a chance to go to Yosemite as a group. The offer still stands to open to anyone who would like to go with one exception. I will change it back to May next year and that might be the last year we go. This year will prob. be next month depending on the heat. Also the offer is good for anywhere we normally go to in Northern Ca. it's obvious with the 5er we will be going farther from home this year. Next year when Joan retires we will be practilly full timers and be criscrossing the country. The offer will still stand and with WiFi we will be checking in when we are camping. We have numerous parks available to us and if we are the host anyone who camps with us has access to all the features provided by that park. When we go full time we hope to meet and camp with more members of Popup Times and the offer will still stand. It's a good way to see if a membership campground system suits your style of camping without going through the stupid sales pitch. the only reason we have one is we inherited it and it is cheaper than camping anywhere else. For what it cost for the Pismo rally we can camp for a year every day. Due to cost and my health you will never see us camping with the tree bark eaters.  :)   I need full hookups and I am not about to try and fit 36 ft. of 5er and 25 ft. of truck in some crummy Cal. state park.
No offense was taken and none is intended. But this is just an attempt to let all the new people know some of the history of Nick-Neff-Cough.
A good place to find the history is at
 http://www.nick-neff-cough.org/
The S. Cal. group was never a part of NNC it was started by a member of NNC who lives in S. Cal. as Cal. is too large for one group.
Sorry for all the confusion and the long post.
Sal

calstate360

We went to a TTN park by San Jose and Watsonville last weekend. They had a Mushroom Festival going on and of course Joan came home with 10 lbs. of mushrooms, jewlery, and another hand carved basket. I of course got another lousy t-shirt.:mad:  Some days it dosen't pay to stay at the trailer.;)
You can check out the view of the mountains behind us here.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/550926124/2799136010039649485FMDODi

Sal

Dee4j

Wow..apparently I totally missed something??? :confused:   Off to the store to buy a confederate flag ;)  :p  then I'm off to camp with my rebel friends :D

Azusateach

Quote from: zamboniSorry, we weren't aware how it was organized (hosts, etc), since last year it was at the same time as our long-planned cruise... so all I know was from the threads where people talked about the trip last year and wanting to "move the dates" -- and we'd just believed it was "the same people"  :tent:

Point of clarification --

"The same people" was me -- I went last year, and wanted to go again as a group.  Just not in the sun like we were last year.  We found out while at the 1000 Trails CG that they have a non-member section.  It was shaded, had full hook-ups, allowed people full access to their park, and was only $8/night more.

When I originally posted, I was asking if people would like to go earlier and possibly stay in a different campground.  After a bit of discussion (see the "Alternate Yosemite Trip" thread), it was agreed on by both No. and So. Calif. folks that an earlier trip to the same CG sounded like fun, and that we'd try for Pismo in August.  There were no unilateral decisions made anywhere -- don't think either NNCers or SCCampers would stand for that.

It's fun to camp as a group, and there's no better place than Yosemite.  We appreciated Calstate's generous hosting last year.  And we're glad that he's willing to do another trip in August.  Maybe those who can't go in June/July will have a chance then.  Choices are good ... :)

pcmom

Quote from: zamboniLast fall, we upgraded from our Coleman Niagara to the Jayco 23B hybrid.
We're considering upgrading to either the Jayco Jay Feather EXP 23B or the 26L.  I've just read that there were some frame problems on the Jay Feathers - have you noticed anything with yours?

Also, I'm in Sacramento (down from Redding) looking at trailers.  Can you tell me where you bought yours.

Thanks!

Michelle

zamboni

Quote from: pcmomWe're considering upgrading to either the Jayco Jay Feather EXP 23B or the 26L.  I've just read that there were some frame problems on the Jay Feathers - have you noticed anything with yours?

Also, I'm in Sacramento (down from Redding) looking at trailers.  Can you tell me where you bought yours.

I have periodically looked under my camper to see if the frame appears bent or to have shifted - nothing so far.

I bought mine from RV's of Sacramento (on El Camino).  They did not have it here in Sac, but brought it up from their Manteca affiliate.  I bought it at the RV show at Cal Expo last fall (even though they didn't have it at the show, they gave me show price - about $3k less than they were willing to sell it to me 2 months earlier).