News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Lots of new NNC rigs...please update us.

Started by Surfcal, May 07, 2006, 10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calstate361

PCMom, gald your are still "lurking" around here.  We haven't heard from you in quite a long time.  Hope everything is going OK with you and the family.

We purchased both our PU and the Hybred from Ray's RV here in Sacramento.  When we originally looked at PU's we went to Yuba City to look at the Jayco's and I really liked them, however we decided not to go with them because we would have had to drive to Yuba City for any repairs.   We also looked at the Colemans at the place off of 65th.  We didn't like them at all because Sal had cash in hand and they wouldn't even come out of their air conditioned office.  (I know a lot of you have dealt with these folks and didn't have any problems)There were 4 other families on the lot at the same time we were there and they didn't get any help either.   We decided on Starcraft because their floor plan was almost the same as Jayco, we could get the dinning area slide out, and their service department is in West Sac.   They were very helpful and we have never had any problem with their service.   Our PU was a show model and had a couple of tears in the canvas when we purchased it.  They fixe it all without any complaints.

As for the 5th Wheel, we purchase that from Village RV, in Roseville.  So far they have been very nice and have not given us any problems.  I know they have Hybreds, and, I think, some PUs.  We will see how they act when Sal takes in the 5er for the front staberlizer that broke on our Maiden voyage in May.

Hope to see you soon.

Joan

pcmom

Quote from: zamboniI bought mine from RV's of Sacramento (on El Camino).
Thanks for the info.  I did look at RV's of Sacramento, they even stayed a bit late while we drove in to town Sunday evening.  We like the 23B but can't justify buying a new trailer just for the extra seating capacity.  

So we are seriously looking at the 2006 Jayco Jay Feather 26L and our local Dan Gamel has offered us a good price but not so good a trade-in for our trailer.  I've listed our trailer on craigslist tonight to see if I can sell it on my own.

I've also found a New Tahoe 22BH - identical to sixquigs but a 2005 model.  

Both the Tahoe 22BH and the Jay Feather 26L are very similiar and we are having a difficult time making a decision.  Ideally I want the Tahoe 22BH with the Quad bunks in the back or the Jayco 26L with the U-Shape dinette :)

Wish us luck!

Michelle

pcmom

Quote from: Calstate361PCMom, gald your are still "lurking" around here. We haven't heard from you in quite a long time. Hope everything is going OK with you and the family.
Hello Joan,

Yes, we're still lurking around.  I haven't actually been on the boards in awhile though.  Life is very busy with the boys.  We've been doing a LOT of scout activities.  Matthew, our oldest - if 11 1/2 is old!  is going on a 50 mile canoe trip this weekend.  He is very excited.  Needless to say we're trying to get him ready for the trip.

I briefly read about your surgery and am glad to hear that all is well.

A question for you, if we do buy a 27-28' trailer what's the possibility of still getting into state parks without much grief?  That's been one of our delimas is that we won't be able to get into some of our favorite camping spots.

What's the possibility for a Yosemite trip before snow comes?

Michelle

Calstate361

Michelle/pcmom,

Glad to hear you are so busy with the boys.  Now is the time to enjoy them because the grow up so fast.

I can't give you any answers about the State Parks as we usually go to a NACO/Thousand Trails resort.   We are members and it doesn't cost us anything.  The only time we don't go there is if it is with the group.  We have checked out some PG&E campgrounds right next to, I think, Silver Lake (it's on the way to Kirkwood Ski Resort).   They have two campgrounds on each side of the highway, just past the lake, and one holds larger RVs than the other one.  When we looked at them, they were nice.  I believe that would be dry camping, but it was several years ago and they may have added stuff.

Yes, we hope to have Half Dome Hyjinx IV sometime soon.  After Sal gets the 5th wheel into the shop to get the front stabelizer fixed, and some other stuff, we can start planning the Yosemite Rally.  I haven't had a vacation (longer than 3 days) yet this year, and I need one!!!   :tent:  The downfall is that it will probably be held after the kids are back in school so that may make it hard for some people to come.  

Hope to see you soon.

Joan