News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Ponderosa 1

Started by calstate360, Feb 26, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calstate361

A little clarification...Calstate360 is Sal and I'm (Joan) Calstate361 and I'm the one that posts most of the time.  The story behind the handle is that Sal was a tow truck driver for AAA, before me, and that was his call name so when we joined PUT, he asked me what name I wanted I just said "361".  So there you have it.

Anyway, Zamboni is correct.  We are members and we "Super Host" you all to come.  You don't have to be a member nor listen to their presentation, but you do have access to all their amenities.  Not bad for just $32 per night.  You are welcome to join us, just let me know for sure and what days you will attend.  I will have to send off the $50 deposit this weekend and I have to have them paid in full around the 1st, so anyone planning on joining send me your private e-address and I'll send your our home address to mail the check.  You can respond here or send it directly to me here at work:  jlutz@dhs.ca.gov.  I have updated the "Attendees List".

Diane, the reason that there is no cost listed on the NACO/Thousand Trails web site is because they have so many different contracts.  It depends on when it was purchased, from who, etc.  It's a long story but that is the quick and dirty version.  If you come to the rally, and I hope you do, we can fill you in more about it with no pressure to join.

FLYER CREW/Kevin, if you do come by yourself on Friday you will have to tell the guard when you check in that the rest of your group is coming on Saturday.  I'll also need their names to report to the campground.

ATTENDEES LIST:

Gwenzilla 4/12-15
Zamboni 4/13-15
The Flyer Crew ?
Osborne's (Joan's Friends) ?
Hetzer's (Joan's Friends) ?
Calstate's (Sal & Joan) 4/11-15

Joan

The Flyer Crew

Sorry, Joan!

I failed to pay attention... I actually knew that Sal is 360 and you're 361 at some point and forgot... and, it even says "Joan" under your posts...

The teenagers never commit to anything. I will likely find out whether they're coming or not when they show up or don't... If I'm lucky I'll know when I'm leaving for the rally... But in any event I will name names to the campground staff or to you sooner if you need them.

It will be great to see everyone again, and meet the new folks!

Calstate361

Kevin/Flyer Crew,

I will need the names of the kids to send in with our attendees list.  You can send it to me here at work:  //www.jlutz@dhs.ca.gov

Dave & Donna/Gwenzilla, I received your nice card and the check.

THANKS

ATTENDEES LIST:

Gwenzilla:  4/12-15
Zamboni:  4/13-15
The Flyer Crew:   4/13-15
Osborne's (Joan's Friends) ?
Hetzer's (Joan's Friends) ?
Calstate's (Sal & Joan):  4/11-15

Joan

Calstate361

Zamboni/Glen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I received your check.

THANKS

ATTENDEES LIST:

Gwenzilla: 4/12-15
Zamboni: 4/13-15
The Flyer Crew: 4/13-15
Calstate's (Sal & Joan): 4/11-15

Joan

Petrina

HI Sal , Joan & Gang:

I have been waiting for your next trip!!  Finally... but unfortunatly it falls on my neices wedding!!  :( .   Hopefuly we can make the next one.  

Have a great trip , pjwaker (Petrina J.)

Calstate361

Petrina, sorry you can't make it this time.  Mark your calendar for Half Dome Jyjinx V (Yosemite Lakes).  This is another NACO/TT resort just 5 miles outside the Yosemite entrance.  We have hosted there for the group for 5 years now.  We are looking at the end of June when all the kids are out of school.  Probably June 28 through July 1st.  I'll have Sal post this after this trip.

Kevin/Flying Crew, I received your check; thanks.

Now it's time to start the non-list for the Saturday Night Pot-Luck:

ATTENDEES LIST & Pot-Luck non-list:

Gwenzilla: 4/12-15
Calstate's (Sal & Joan): 4/11-15  =  Wendy's Chili (yes it's the fast food place)

I also am planning to make sausage gravy with biscuts for Saturday morning.

Boy, do I need this trip after all the stuff going on here at Work!!!   :compumad:  :banghead:  :yikes:

Joan   :-()

Gwenzilla

Quote from: Calstate361Now it's time to start the non-list for the Saturday Night Pot-Luck

Knowing the NNC's aversion to "lists" we are coining the phrase "menu enrollment guideline" (MEG).  So put on the MEG that Gwenzilla will be preparing some form of chicken wings, and, if we can pull it off, some fried rice too.

George, Donna and the chaos crew (AJ)

Calstate361

Hey, I like that one.....

ATTENDEES LIST & MEG:

Gwenzilla: 4/12-15 = Some form of Chicken Wings and maybe Fried Rice
Calstate's (Sal & Joan): 4/11-15 = Wendy's Chili (yes it's the fast food place) and the Costco Broccoli Salad

Joan

Calstate361

Hey all, I talked to the resort yesterday to confirm that we CAN HAVE CAMPFIRES !!!  We will be brining out tub but if you want your own, the campground will bring you a ring to your site, just ask for it after you get parked and see if your site has one or not.  They also have wonderful Broasted Chicken (Pressure Deep Fried) at the store where you go to check in.  It's on the left side of the store.  AND, last time we were there, there was quite a bit of noise form the bar/pizza place across the street at night.  I guess it is the local hang out.  Just FYI in case you want to order some chicken or pizza for the night you come in or we can go over to the pizza place Friday night.  We can decide when everyone gets there.

See you all soon.

Joan

Calstate361

Hey, some intersting news...we received our NACO/TT magazine the other day and there was an article on Ponderosa!  In the article it was stated that you can arrange a raft ride throught he campground.  If you are intersted, let me know NOW because tomorrow is my last day at work to receive any e-mails.  We are leaving Wednesday morning so will see you all there.

ATTENDEES LIST & MEG:

Zamboni: 4/13-15 + ?
The Flyer Crew: 4/13-15 + ?
Calstate's (Sal & Joan): 4/11-15 = Wendy's Chili (yes it's the fast food place) and the Costco Broccoli Salad

REMENBER, when get to the campground (you cross the bridge on highway 49 and it is right there on the right), you park in the front of the store and go inside to the back right side to check in (that's if they haven't changed the set up since the last time we were there).   Tell them you are with the Super Host (Lutz-Vasquez) and ask what spot we are in.  They will give you a code to open the gate.  We hope to be past the creek closer to the restrooms.

Joan

The Flyer Crew

I am bringing tri-tip, and salad. My mom will bring something too, a dessert maybe.

As always, no one leaves hungry!

calstate360

I was so busy at work today that I didn't have time to even check this site out until I got home. We are leaving in the morning so we won't be available. I'll have Sal post when we leave. Just remember to tell them that you are with the Super Host (Lutz-Vasquez) and ask what space we are in so you can find us. See you all soon.

ATTENDEES LIST & MEG:

Zamboni: 4/13-15 = ?
The Flyer Crew: 4/13-15 = Tri-tip, Salad, and Dessert

I also am planning to make sausage gravy with biscuits for Saturday morning.

Joan

calstate360

Wer are leaving now. See you all when you get here.
Sal

Calstate361

Well, I'm back at work, BOO HOOO   :%   and we made it home safe and sound.  We had a wonderful time with everyone and as usual, there was way to much food at the pot-luck.   Everything was delicious!  I have posted my "Wendy's Chili" recipe in the recipe forum for those of you who want it.

We had another mishap with the trailer; the dirver's side front jack broke on us (the other one broke last May) so we will have to get that fixed.  Hopefully our after market insurance will cover this one also.

Besides all that it was still fun.

See you all at Half Dome Hijinx V on the last weekend in June, if not sooner.

Joan

Gwenzilla

I too am back to work (sigh).  However since I have a few minutes between projects I'll take the moment and pass on our thanks to Joan & Sal for hosting a great get together.  We had a marvelous time in spite of the rain on Saturday.  Luckily we did the lionshare of our sightseeing on Friday.  
Additional thanks to Glen & Kelly for volunteering the use of their camper for the pot luck, we had a great time meeting Kevin and his crew and listening to all the great stories going on around the table, including Glens bonafide claim to having a screw loose (snicker snicker).  
We pray everyone made it home safely, and did so without any problems (sorry about your jack Joan).  
Joan your chili was fab!  As was everyones contributions to the potluck.  I'll be sure to get the chili receipe for Donna, and I want you to know that if I would have known how very spicy hot that bowl of noodles you gave me to take home was, I would have prepared it for my lunch on that rain soaked chilly morning.  That was some hot stuff (BTW where again did you buy that stuff?  I know you mentioned it but I forgot... and now I want to bring some anytime the weather is going to be cold).  
Thanks again everyone.

George, Donna and the Chaos Crew (AJ)

Quote from: Calstate361Well, I'm back at work, BOO HOOO   :%   and we made it home safe and sound.  We had a wonderful time with everyone and as usual, there was way to much food at the pot-luck.   Everything was delicious!  I have posted my "Wendy's Chili" recipe in the recipe forum for those of you who want it.

We had another mishap with the trailer; the dirver's side front jack broke on us (the other one broke last May) so we will have to get that fixed.  Hopefully our after market insurance will cover this one also.

Besides all that it was still fun.

See you all at Half Dome Hijinx V on the last weekend in June, if not sooner.

Joan