News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Ponderosa 1

Started by calstate360, Feb 26, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

We have booked 10 sites for April 12 to 15 at Ponderosa.
We will be in sites 105 to 114.
The price is $32.00 per night.
Campground map is at,

We will be in sites 105 to 114.

From Highway 50 (Big Rig-Friendly Option): Shingle Springs lies between Cameron Park and Placerville. Take the Ponderosa Road exit and go to the north side of Hwy 50, where you will find North Shingle Road (to the right just after you cross the bridge over Hwy 50). Follow North Shingle Road for several miles until you come to a fork in the road; stay to the left (north), and you will now be on Lotus Road. Lotus Road ends at Hwy 49 in Coloma. Turn left, cross the bridge, and we're on the right, just across the river.

Sal

Gwenzilla

Joan, Put us on the list for this one.  We'll let you know which days as soon as we check the schedules at work.
Any idea on the rates for this park yet?

Thanks for hosting yet again.

calstate360

Quote from: GwenzillaJoan, Put us on the list for this one. We'll let you know which days as soon as we check the schedules at work.
Any idea on the rates for this park yet?

Thanks for hosting yet again.
It is $32.00 per night.
Sal

champ521

We would love to attend this one but we will just be returning from our Oregon trip. :mad:

Calstate361

Dave/Champ...So that's no excuse, it's only about an hour's drive from home! :eyecrazy:

Since the Ponderosa Resort is a much smaller place than Lake of the Springs and Yosemite Lakes, I will have to send them a $50 deposit now and then they want the rest of the money 2 weeks before we arrive.  I will need your money for the days you are staying by March 23rd.  There are only water and electricity hook-up in the area where we are assigned so bring your tote, if you need it.  Dogs may attend, with the usualy rules.

Is anyone interested in doing any rafting or kayaking?  I time races for Current Adventurs who is based in Lotus (where the Resort is) and I can contact them for pricing.  I'm sure it will depend on the number of people interested.

Joan

Calstate361

HEY DRUNK SQUAD!!!

You wanted me to see if we can super host here and now I haven't heard from any of you except Champ/Dave.

Come on, sign up!!!

:compumad:  :banghead:

Joan

zamboni

We're in! (Fri 13th-Sun 15th)

Lake Of The Springs was a great place, and we've stayed at Coloma RV Resort - which looks like it is about 4 miles away (but $50/night), so we know we like the area.

The only complication is you are now forcing me to end my "ritual"!!!  I have to file my taxes before April 15, since we'll be camping!  (no guarantee we will get home in time to finish it)

Oh, the horror!  A procrastinator's nightmare!

:D

[edit]

Ding! Ding! Ding!  Google is your friend.  Because of the weekend, the due date is Tues April 17, 2007!!!
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=167194,00.html

Yay!  Procrastinators Of The USA, Unite!!! :D :D :D

:-()  :-()  :-()

(Friday The 13th????)

Gwenzilla

Joan, We will be there Thu-Fri-Sat nights.  Please email me your mailing address so we can send you a check.

Put NNC in the subject line somewhere so my spam filter will let it through.

gpnnolan@yahoo.com

Thanks again !

OC Campers

This sounds like fun.  The kids love the Coloma area.  Unfortunately, I have no vacation time.  I had to use it up to help my mom and dad out.  

I am in the process of getting my Notary Public business up and running so I will have my weekends back.  Yippee!!!

Have a great time.

Jacqui

The Flyer Crew

This one looks too good to pass up. The TT parks are nice, and it's so close! Look forward to seeing you all again... Pencil me in for Fri. and Sat. nights.

Thanx, Kevin

Calstate361

Zamboni/Glen, gald we didn't mess up your ability to procrastinate!!   :-()

OC Campers/Jacque, sorry you can't make this one either.  Let us know when you get your license and we can have a mini rally to celebrate. :tent:

The Flyer Crew/Kevin, glad you can join us, it will be nice to meet you and your family.

Gwenzella/George or Donna, I have added the dates to the "Attendees List".

ATTENDEES LIST:

Gwenzilla                       4/12-15
Zamboni                         ?
The Flyer Crew                ?
Osborne's (Joan's Friends)  ?
Hetzer's  (Joan's Friends)   ?
Calstate's (Sal & Joan)      4/11-15

Joan

The Flyer Crew

Hi Sal,

Actually, we've met! I am Tania's ex. I have another wife now, her name is Rita. She has to work Saturdays but the locations vary so if her work is on this end of town she might come up Friday night, but more likely will join us there Saturday afternoon. My daughters will be with their mom that weekend but one of Rita's sons might come along (and possibly bring his girlfriend), and Rita's mom might come too. So, I might show up alone on Friday or have up to four other people with me, don't know yet...

And since I saw you last (Yosemite Lakes '05) I got another RV. This one is a motorhome, a 1995 28' Class C thet says Chevrolet Flyer on the side. This is where the name "Flyer Crew" came from, but due to my daughters and their friends the coach has lately become known as "The Hobomobile". I may have to change my screen name if the new name sticks. It seems popular, and I believe they made a Myspace for it... But who knows what will they think of next?

zamboni

Quote from: Calstate361Zamboni                         ?

That would be Fri 13 - Sun 15th.

I think I now know too much about Kevin and how his crew/bus came by their name! :)

I think I still feel more comfortable thinking about him (them) as "that guy, crammed in the RV with all those non-males, and then losing his glasses"!

:D

Truthfully, it'll be good to see you (Kevin) and everyone else again!

Diane Jankauskas

Sal, I'm totally new to rv/pop-up camping.  Can you please explain what it means and how much it costs to be a 1000 Trails member?  Do I need to join first before going to the Ponderosa with you all?

I tried looking at their website, but I couldn't find any defininative pricing and such.  Any info is greatly appreciated.

Since we are on the subject of camping memberships, are there any others I should consider joining?

Thanks again!

zamboni

Diane- Joan & Sal are members, and as such, they can "host" others, which they have done several times (so, we don't need to be members).