News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Lopez Lake July 24th-28th 2008

Started by Dee4j, Sep 12, 2007, 12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheViking

It's only September and Dee already has tons of :confused:   :confused:   :confused:  these all over the place!  :eyecrazy:

6Quigs

Quote from: TheVikingIt's only September and Dee already has tons of :confused:   :confused:   :confused:  these all over the place!  :eyecrazy:
Well she needs to give us more information,
Like what the cut off date is,
where to send in the money,
what activities she has planned,
and what site number I have ;)

Dee4j

Quote from: 6QuigsWell she needs to give us more information,
Like what the cut off date is,
where to send in the money,
what activities she has planned,
and what site number I have ;)

nevermind then... I was trying to be nice and keep page one updated ..
so forget get it.. what it is ..is what it is...you guys are driving me nuts and right now it's an extremely short ride

zamboni

Quote from: griffsmomI'm at a loss for where the "Our Group vs. Your Group" mentality is coming from... :confused:

Anyway, I just wanted to invite you and everyone in NorCal Campers to any and all SCCampers rallies. We don't care where people come from

Wow.  I am not sure how this happened, but, despite my numerous visits to PUT and clicking on "show new posts", I (somehow?) never saw or noticed this thread - or the allegedly "deleted" predecessor!

I have to balk at this, though - July 2008???????

I barely know what I will be doing NEXT MONTH.  I am trying to plan Thanksgiving.  Christmas is a blurry future.  Next July????!!!!

The only thing I can estimate, is that our 2nd daughter will be approximately 6 months old by then, and Shelby will be a whopping 4 :)

That said,  I appreciate Sal's goal; we all talked, and our desire is to try to focus the new "NorCal Campers" forum to our area so that we can coax/lure/deceive/trick new people to poking their heads in here and helping us re-vitalize this area.

Sadly, a perfect example is... SURFcampers.  Uh, hello, last time I checked, San Francisco was quite darned closed to Sacramento and the entire Central Valley... I was happy when they reached out and joined us at Pismo, but guess we've been so inactive that they have forgotten about us :(

(of course, now they're Toy-Ho's, it may be even harder to convince them to camp with us "locals"! :) )

So, I know I have no hard feelings - I know Kelly and I would like to do Newport Dunes (we just have to figure out the work/baby thing); I think 2 STRONG groups in CA will help both of us... I just want to see the NorCal side regain some momentum again :)

Oh, and don't EVEN get me started on Cactus Coolers.  Yum!!!!  :-()

Dee4j

Quote from: zamboniWow.  I am not sure how this happened, but, despite my numerous visits to PUT and clicking on "show new posts", I (somehow?) never saw or noticed this thread - or the allegedly "deleted" predecessor!

I have to balk at this, though - July 2008???????

I barely know what I will be doing NEXT MONTH.  I am trying to plan Thanksgiving.  Christmas is a blurry future.  Next July????!!!!

The only thing I can estimate, is that our 2nd daughter will be approximately 6 months old by then, and Shelby will be a whopping 4 :)

That said,  I appreciate Sal's goal; we all talked, and our desire is to try to focus the new "NorCal Campers" forum to our area so that we can coax/lure/deceive/trick new people to poking their heads in here and helping us re-vitalize this area.

Sadly, a perfect example is... SURFcampers.  Uh, hello, last time I checked, San Francisco was quite darned closed to Sacramento and the entire Central Valley... I was happy when they reached out and joined us at Pismo, but guess we've been so inactive that they have forgotten about us :(

(of course, now they're Toy-Ho's, it may be even harder to convince them to camp with us "locals"! :) )

So, I know I have no hard feelings - I know Kelly and I would like to do Newport Dunes (we just have to figure out the work/baby thing); I think 2 STRONG groups in CA will help both of us... I just want to see the NorCal side regain some momentum again :)

Oh, and don't EVEN get me started on Cactus Coolers.  Yum!!!!  :-()

actually Surfcampers has been camping with us  matter of fact we will see them tomorrow, they are already at Dogwood "pimping their campsite" so tomorrw they will relax and laugh at all of us setting up

Congrats on the new baby girl soon to be here and I hope you join us at newport...Shelby will LOVE it :p

and you can't forget about them cactus coolers :!

TheViking

Glen has to be the only one in history that made a 32 oz Cactus Cooler.

Dee4j

Quote from: TheVikingGlen has to be the only one in history that made a 32 oz Cactus Cooler.

no kidding...now that's funny right there

zamboni

Quote from: Dee4jactually Surfcampers has been camping with us  matter of fact we will see them tomorrow, they are already at Dogwood "pimping their campsite" so tomorrw they will relax and laugh at all of us setting up

Yeah, that is what I meant -- inactive with NorCal'ers... I know they do a lot of camping with you Southerners (hence how I knew they had upgraded!).

I'm hoping to get NorCal more active so we can get a larger group of "regular" campers - as campouts are more fun with larger groups.

Cactus cooler...  Thanks to those, I've started buying one of every type of energy drink I can find, then we've been doing "taste tests" on them (Kelly, me, my friend and his wife (when they are over)).

We've each ranked them from 1-10 (raw, or un-"diluted").  I think we're up to about 30 so far.  A few that stood out (we all gave 8+ or 9 to... none have earned a 10):
Full Throttle Blue Demon (Blue Agave)
SoBe Essentials Orange
Coolah (tastes just like 7-up or Squirt!)

Runners up:
Amp (Mountain Dew)
Amp Code Red (uh, Code Red Mountain Dew...)

Best Diet:
Diet Full Throttle Fury (red can)
(diet, as you might as well save the calories for the ALCOHOL!)

Dee4j

Monster Green label is our energy drink of choice...can't stand any of the orange flavored ones...

Surfcampers new Trailer is NICE!!

Glen hope you sign up for Newport , it would be good to see you guys again