News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Lopez Lake July 24th-28th 2008

Started by Dee4j, Sep 12, 2007, 12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee4j

well I see Sal deleted my thread..maybe you don't want anyone to camp with us ;)  :p

maybe waiting until after the campout is past may be a good
idea..or even better lock the thread and forward it to the main thread...I see people reading  a LOT of "outdated stuff" all the time like NEW MEMBERS..not sure what constitutes outdated the thread was just barely over a month old

anyway OC Campers has moved their site but has not cancelled their original reservation so site #5 is available

please see thread

http://arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=63891&page=1&pp=10

6Quigs

Hey Dee,
can you edit the title to say that this is for a 2008 Rally.
It just might get more interest, and Sal might not delete it again. :D

And who knows, we just might make it next year.

p.s. Sal, Thanks for stepping up and taking over Moderator for Nor-Cal group.
We'll try to keep it civil, and not get the topics too heated ;)

Dee4j

Quote from: 6QuigsHey Dee,

Hi Kevin..Site #5 is open and guess what it's NOT next to me :D
anyway my original one said 2008 like how it is listed in the sccampers Board...I tried to fix the title but it only added it to the small print next to the post #1 but not the "big" title..

Maybe it will take Sal to fix that :confused:

usually we don't post our rallies in Both , but this is a "meet in the middle" location like pismo

6Quigs

Quote from: Dee4jHi Kevin..Site #5 is open and guess what it's NOT next to me :D

Thanks for the offer of site #5, but Wayne said he would call and book a site for us, so pull out 2 more cactus cooler cups and put our names on them ;)

Nick

Quote from: 6QuigsHey Dee,

I'm still a Mod so I fixed the title to include 2008.

wavery

Quote from: 6QuigsThanks for the offer of site #5, but Wayne said he would call and book a site for us, so pull out 2 more cactus cooler cups and put our names on them ;)
:eyecrazy: Who MEEEEEEE :confused:

calstate360

I thought it was for 2007 that's why I took it out. As such I thought it was outdated and since it was from a differrent group It fit more in your own group. I still see it as a better idea to post a link and have it point to the thread in your own group and have all the disscussion there. This was discussed at our last campout and if Nick had been there he would have known.
This is NorCal Campers and we are just trying to relieve the confusion.
Sal

Quote from: Dee4jwell I see Sal deleted my thread..maybe you don't want anyone to camp with us ;)  :p

maybe waiting until after the campout is past may be a good
 idea..or even better lock the thread and forward it to the main thread...I see people reading  a LOT of "outdated stuff" all the time like NEW MEMBERS..not sure what constitutes outdated the thread was just barely over a month old
 please see thread

http://arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=63891&page=1&pp=10

Dee4j

Sal- I know the REAL reason is that  you don't want anyone to camp with us....."Southiners".....you want them all to yourself....come on admit it...you know you want too :J  :J

Kevin..take the plunge, make the commitment, the kids will have a blast...and a couple of cactus coolers makes life grand :sombraro:

griffsmom

Quote from: calstate360
I thought it was for 2007 that's why I took it out. As such I thought it was outdated and since it was from a differrent group It fit more in your own group. I still see it as a better idea to post a link and have it point to the thread in your own group and have all the disscussion there. This was discussed at our last campout and if Nick had been there he would have known.

This is NorCal Campers and we are just trying to relieve the confusion.
Sal

Actually, just because a thread is "old," it shouldn't be deleted. Part of the wealth of PUT is that it has info for newbies or "lurkers" (or even a long-time member who wants to take a trip down nostalgia road) by being able to use the search function and access info that may have been archived.

If no one posts to a thread, it'll eventually wind its way down to subsequent pages and you won't have to see it. Of you can just click on "view new posts" at the top of each PUT page when you log on if you don't want to keep seeing old posts.

calstate360

It was deleted because at the time I thought it was dated, nothing had been posted for quite awhile, and it was not about Northern Cal.!
At any time anyone could go to YOUR group and see all the info!
We have discussed this among the members of our group and are trying to get
the information out about Northern Cal. not central Cal. or southern Cal.!

I am quite sure the search function would be able to find it all in your own group!
Sal

Quote from: griffsmomActually, just because a thread is "old," it shouldn't be deleted. Part of the wealth of PUT is that it has info for newbies or "lurkers" (or even a long-time member who wants to take a trip down nostalgia road) by being able to use the search function and access info that may have been archived. QUOTE]

Dee4j

It was deleted because at the time I thought it was dated, nothing had been posted for quite awhile, and it was not about Northern Cal.!

I am quite sure the search function would be able to find it all in your own group!
Sal

Hi Sal I accept your apology for deleted my original thread.

But ..in Lori's defense ,I must say this since it was my thread to begin with:

I'm really not liking this "North/South thing"...First of all this campout is directly inland from Pismo were for the last how many years we have had our "meet in the middle" rally to bring our groups TOGETHER....This does pertain to the Northern group as it is a rally in a reasonable distance for you guys to join....I notice you mention "not a central goup"
so what area of California does that pertain too?

Our Moderator has not deleted any threads "Norcal" has started in the SCCampers forum, as a matter of fact, Other than the disneyland inquiry all the posts in sccampers from Norcal has been rabble rousing...nothing about camping rallies
IMHO 6 weeks is not that long. (I also noticed zoom is gone which last post was only 3 weeks ago)

maybe you need to posts some guidelines on your criteria for "what is acceptable" to post in the new "Norcal" forum and what period of time is "outdated"

Azusateach

Sal

I didn't know Northern California had seceded from from the state ...

TheViking

WOW!And I quote: "We have discussed this among the members of our group and are trying to get the information out about Northern Cal. not central Cal. or southern Cal.!" un-quote

I would think that we, the ("I guess former?") sister club of our Northerners, would only help in getting the NorCal name out there.  Judging from an activity standpoint, we (SCCampers) are the Super Wal-Mart of the West Coast.  We enjoy the meet in the middle campouts, and alot of SoCal members show up to these events to prove it.  Maybe if SCCampers plan a Buellton or Pismo trip and place it in the NorCal thread, it may entice more people to join so they can meet people from down south.  I know that's why we made the Pismo trip a couple of times, so we can meet some of you Northerners.   That's all I have to say about that.

griffsdad

Quote from: Azusateach

Sal

I didn't know Northern California had seceded from from the state ...
Looks like them Yankees don't want to camp with us Southerners!!!

harleywolf

Ok Ok so we did talk about getting the new NorCal group more up and running. But I speak for myself and I have no issue with sharing mutual info that is appropriate for both groups. I know a lot of you have been with Nickneffcough and now the sister SSC group for some time and if animosities exist, well being the newest member, they don