News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

What's everyone up to?

Started by Surfcal, Jun 02, 2009, 11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Hey, what are you all up to?  Just seeing what is current.  If nothing else, how about a shout out of what you're towing and what you're towing with, or what's new in your world.

C'mon, give it up!!!

Dee4j

same ol stuff, wonderin what the heck happened to you? we're all going to sorta in your neck of the woods end of July why don't you join the fun??

just stay away from my Beer :rolleyes:

Surfcal

Hey Dee,

We still go camping often with the Drunk Squad.  In the past two and a half years I've gone back to running my company and that gets in the way of camping.

When I had someone else running the company, I'd often work short weeks and I'd have more time on a day-to-day basis to be active on the boards.  That lasted a couple of short years so that's where it is.

In the meantime we've moved to a 27' hard side trailer and then I had to get a beefier truck.  So it was a hopscotch game from the one-sided popup to a 17' hybrid to a 21' 3-bunk hybrid to a crew cab then a 27' travel trailer to a diesel MegaCab.  Whew, it has been an active few years TV and trailer changeover.

Dee4j

wow. you've been busy...How 'bout showing off your new stuff and camp with us at smithswood. or at least make a day trip:D

OC Campers

Hi Ray, good to hear from you guys.  Talk to Tania occasionally on facebook.  We still have the same setup.  Ram truck and the 23 ft hybrid.  Randy would love a bigger truck but its not gonna happen.

We have 2 camping trips planned for the summer.  The trip to Santa Cruz (Smithwoods) and a long weekend to Bridgeport over Labor Day.  We are gonna try and slip another one in somewhere but our jobs keep getting n the way.

Jacqui

6Quigs

Quote from: Surfcal;205965......  what you're towing and what you're towing with, ....

LOL
Nothing and nothing:)
We gave up towing over a year ago and have no regrets, just fond memories.
We have managed to go camping at least once every month this year so far, twice in some months and have reservations for June, July and August as well as Smithwoods in July

Y-Guy

Heidi-Ho!  Long time no see!   Saw the change of ownership and tried to login to see how the former Nick-Neff-Coughers were doing but I was banned... seemed my user name expired or something.  Dean helped me out though.

Nice to see a few familiar names around here.

Like 6Quigs we don't tow anymore, bought a Winnebago but we do tow and ATV trailer with us now.

Kevin & Margaret, sounds like the new rig is working out great for you.

Surfcal

Hey Y-Guy...

It's good to hear from you, what a blast from the past.

6Quigs

Y-Guy,
nice of you to drop by to say hello.

Yes we are really enjoying our Motorhome. Winter camping, (if it can be called that here in California) is so much more enjoyable. Plenty of room inside to watch TV or play games.
The great thing about the RV is the kids can bring a friend or two or three. If we do get too many, they pitch a tent outside and have a blast. They are still young, so sleeping on the ground is not a problem for the boys.

Surfcal.
hoping you can find some time in your busy schedule to stop by at Smithwoods to say hi to everone,

Surfcal

You know never know.  :)

Nick

Wow, this is beginning to look like old times around here.

We are still in a pop up.  '06 Rockwood highwall, towing with an 06 Expedition.

Nick

WTF, am I a thread killer again?  I'm up in the city tonight paryaying with Ray,  here's a shot of jager to the old crew.

OC Campers

Quote from: Nick;206356WTF, am I a thread killer again?  I'm up in the city tonight paryaying with Ray,  here's a shot of jager to the old crew.
Have another shot for me and one for Randy.

Jacqui

harleywolf

The Travis Tribe checking in? Hey all to those who?ve posted!

We've been busy, just bought a new house, moved in 4/1. Been out on three, four day camp outs since we moved in. In fact just pulled in last night from our last trip.

We went here http://www.redwoodriverresort.com/

Had a 1000 year old redwood right in our campsite! Great family spot with a massive drive thru tree 10 min up the road one way http://www.drivethrutree.com/ and the Grand Father tree 10 min up the other way (24 feet through the middle!). Confusion Hill is right across the street http://www.confusionhill.com/  The train conductor gives a great presentation. Also hit the One Log House next to the grandfather tree http://www.one-loghouse.com/  AND the legend of Bigfoot just a bit further up the road.

The CG has a beautiful river beach but be prepared for a bit of a hike. In the GC the kids did karaoke, enjoyed an ice-cream social, a rock hunt, the swimming pool and a primitive but cool playground. Nice place with out that RV feel. GREAT family trip.

Hope you all are having fun!

OC Campers

Harleywolf, that RV resort looks really nice.  We are planning a big trip next year, this maybe a good place to stop.  Looks really nice.

Jacqui