RE: Lake Chabot Negative Buoyancy Rally (1/17-1/19/03)

Started by gsm x2, Jan 05, 2003, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

SurfcalKudos to Nick and Sactocampers:

I just checked our Website and it is already updated.  It s really nice to see it so well maintained and current.  Thanks fellas for being on the ball.

BTW, if you look at our line-up, there s a big gaping hole in the April-May slot.  GSM X2 suggested something in that period around the King City area.  Thought I d throw out the idea again.  It wouldn t be a bad idea to hold one a little closer to SoCal and it might be warmer too.

Surfcal

g-whiz

SurfcalWelcome back to sunny (and warm) California, Surfcal.  Glad you made it home safely and hope you ve thawed out by now.  Your Chabot photos are great, as are Nick s, and I m already putting them to good use.  If you could send along the photo storage area of our previous rallies then I can do some backtracking, too.  Thanks a million.

Civil_War_Buff

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

What is it with the flashlight anyway?  It somehow reminds me of Monica in " Touched By an Angel" .  NOTE TO CWB---When spotlighting raccoons, point the light into the EYES.

gsm x2

HA HA!! The funniest part of that was when I saw the picture, I almost spit my soup when I saw the light.  I was going to demand a disclaimer that it was purely coincidental that the light ended up THERE!! Then I thought, well, maybe no one else would even notice, and that a disclaimer would draw attention to the PURELY ACCIDENTAL aiming of the light! That raccoon was so busy opening the cookie package that I had a hard time holding the light period let alone " aim"  at the eyes.

duanefamily, I am sure that if you do make it to Olema, it will be an experience that you won t soon forget, especially if TMM goes, he is truly a Memory Maker. [;)]
 As you notice we first met each other (as a rule) 9 month ago, and the bond was so instantaneous that I have felt like I have known them much longer, and in the case of TMM, maybe too long. j/k [;)][:D]  Did I tell you about what he did to me at Del Valle, (actually DIDN T DO)?  When we meet I will give you the complete lowdown on the group & etc.  You will feel like family before you know it!

Glad that you are getting some outings behind you, each time it gets easier and easier!!

Well now that surfcal is back, I guess that will have to behave again!! ARGHHHH. [&:][&:]  Actually Ray, we have missed ye. I had to resort to lurking until your return, lest TMM start " picking on me" !!!! [8D][8D][8D]

I am so glad that we have our own sandbox to play in again.  I sure hope that none of my posts get moved in the future without my OK first.  Speaking of our sandbox, who left this " payday"  in here??????

Happy Campin  <><

Y-Guy

SactoCampersCWB who you trying to fool... we know nothing you do is by accident!!!

Nick

SactoCampersHey Scott,
 We have a place for your april rally ready to go on the website.  Just let me know the details when you get them and I ll update the site.

SactoCampers

NickThe SactoCampers probably won t be attending that one since it exceeds Baby Sacto s two-hour-travel-time-limit-before-total-meltdown and I m planning to take a woodworking class that takes up two weekends AND Baby Sacto is getting baptized on Easter. So we re pretty much booked for that weekend. Hopefully life will go on for you guys [;)][8D].

However, as a suggestion, there is supposed to be a campground near Pinnacles nat l monument, just north of King City. Robucko s been there and here is his review from the old board:

http://www.popuptimes.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9608

It s a little pricey but just thought I d throw it out there. It would be a split for the folks from Sacramento area, but a little biased in travel time in favor of the Bay Are folks.

Finally, maybe Calstate can hook up NNC at one of the Thousand Trails preserves (?):

http://www.thousandtrails.com/_vti_bin/minisitegen.cgi?preserve=225
 http://www.thousandtrails.com/_vti_bin/minisitegen.cgi?preserve=122

Neither of those really split the difference but are between Ventura and the Bay Area.

Nick

SactoCampersMichele and I stayed at this campground.  Its was OK as described by Robucko.  They bathrooms were bad in my opinion, and for the price per night seems like they could do a little mold removal in the showeres.  Besides that its a nice place.  The pool was great cause we went in August and it reached temps of 112.  The trails are nice.  The campsites are set in a wagonwheel fashion, with a group of picnic tables and fire ring in the center of the wheel.  The hookup sites are not shaded much at all, although the tent sites have alot of shade from the Oaks.  There is a big pig problem in the area so you have to keep your food locked up.  They have learned to open ice chests.
 Other than the limited merchandise they have at the campstore the closest civilization is about half an hour to 45 min away.

SactoCampers

Nick
QuoteThere is a big pig problem in the area so you have to keep your food locked up. They have learned to open ice chests.

I can imagine Scott and Larry already!!!

Okay, here s a better listing:

http://www.californiacampgrounds.org/parkregions/ccoastparks.htm

calstate360

SactoCampers
QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Finally, maybe Calstate can hook up NNC at one of the Thousand Trails preserves (?):

http://www.thousandtrails.com/_vti_bin/minisitegen.cgi?preserve=225
 http://www.thousandtrails.com/_vti_bin/minisitegen.cgi?preserve=122

Neither of those really split the difference but are between Ventura and the Bay Area.

Well I just checked both preserves and neither one have a Super Host program.
 If you remember that s the problem we had with Yosemite.
 I will have Joan call and check out what we can do on these as she will be calling
 to see if we can get the group into Yosemite. It might be easier if we do it being members. Also rumor has it that the manager that gave you the trouble has been transfered.

On another note Joan will be on here as soon as the IT Dept. at her division
 fixes her computer or I get fed up and visit her for lunch and do it myself.
 Half of the web pages she tries to access will not load.
 Sometimes I wonder if they could replace a mouse without calling Dell first and asking for advice.

SactoCampers

SactoCampers
QuoteAlso rumor has it that the manager that gave you the trouble has been transfered.

Might you have had anything to do with that? [;)][;)][8D][:D]

calstate360

SactoCampers
QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Great campground, great people, great fun. Now I gotta get me a remote control four-wheeler!

Ok who has the R/C 4-wheeler?
 Fess up now. I bring mine every trip and never have anyone to play with. Sniff Sniff
 Actually I have 5 R/Cs  the newest is about a 2ft long Ford F-150 Harley Davidison
 Edition I plan on building a replica of our trailer to tow behind it. Also need to figure out how to replicate the camper shell with the custom paint job.
 Yea I know but I m retired and I can play all day. LOL

Civil_War_Buff

SactoCampersWe have camped a few times at the Pinnacles as well!! I found the campground OK, but agree that I think it is a little pricey for the ammenities, BUT great if you like spelunking!!!!!

http://www.pinncamp.com/campmap.htm

I " assume"  this was suggested for the " tweener"  event? How far down south are we looking? In Scott s case it s how far NORTH are we looking.

There used to be a campground not far from the Pinnacles in Trespinos I think, but it was named the 5-J s, and quite nice as I recall.

Happy Campin  <><

Hybrid Holly

calstate360

QuoteThese weren t the kind of scooters that you would get for free. They were gasoline powered motor scooters...and there were four of them...all riding at the same time..... Oh well, you gotta tolerate those things every once in a while.

Hey Sacto, I thought I could tolerate them too, but remember you were gone most of Saturday, while these guys went zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom...nonstop all afternoon.  It was pretty awful!

I am writing a letter to the district at the following address if anyone is interested:

East Bay Regional Park District
 2950 Peralta Oaks Court
 P.O. Box 5381
 Oakland, CA 94605-0381

midway camping....has anybody mentioned Lake San Antonio

Surfcal

calstate360Thanks for the reminder Holly.  I will sure write to them.  That was so inconsiderate of those people, especially the parent.

Hey Nick, we need to close this thread.  You can be the Rob Nen of the threads and close this one.

Surfcal

Nick

calstate360Per request of Sir Surfcal this thread is officially closed and part of NNC history.