RE: Lake Chabot Negative Buoyancy Rally (1/17-1/19/03)

Started by gsm x2, Jan 05, 2003, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ab Diver

NickHey, y all have a great time, and taste some wine and cheeze for the Ab Diver s. Sorry we couldn t make this one, but it wasn t in the cards. (or the stars, for that matter... DD #2 has a 103ΓΈ fever right now, so if we d have been all set for this trip, it would have caused us to set the brakes on participating)

Anyway, just wanted to wish you all the best, and we ll see ya when you get back. Here s to this weekend for you s guys,  and to Olema for all of us together next month!

Red neff Barchetta

ab diverDave - Sorry you can t make it!  Can t wait to meet you at Olema.  Take care of your DD, sorry to hear about the fever.

Y-Guy - I am bringing the 3 year-olds  bike in back of the TV just in case it is a flat area.  Not bringing mine though.  In case of rain, I don t want it getting drenched up on the PU.
 You bigshot hybrid owners get to carry your s inside of the trailer.  La, dee, da.

Red neff Barchetta

ab diverAlright.  See everyone this afternoon/tonight!

Y-Guy

ab diverNot if we see you first [8D]

sammyslave

ab diverLo Dere...we went to Lake Chabot and got set up yesterday with Scott and G. Weather is beautiful..full moon and clear. I had to get up at five to come to work for a few hours. Our camp sites are a little hilly and around 50 yards apart. Ther are a few mosquitoes around so bring some repellent if you have it..see you all there later today.

Surfcal

ab diverHello all:

Red neff Barchetta s Negative Bouyancy Rally was a huge success and the attendance was great.  Vintage Nick-Neff-Cough style, there was a lot of fun, camaraderie and obviously, food and drinks.

Need I say more.  Anyway, instead of a thousand words, here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.

http://community.webshots.com/album/61177899sliFnd

Surfcal

sammyslave

ab diverGreat pictures Ray.. some day you should think about becoming involved in the film industry...What a wonderful way to show extrordinary people in a most ordinary way. It is amazing to be able to share this time with so many varied people with such a great sense of humor. We should all be grateful for the good times that we are sharing together. And as Rita says don t drink and write...unless it is in limerick mode!

Red neff Barchetta

ab diverHey all!
 We had visitor s at the house or I would have checked in earlier.
 Well, another laid back, wonderful rally is in the books!  What started out as a quick thought by Nick & I turned into another fun w/e (which is the traditional NNC way).  What a great group of people!  It s like we ve known each other for a lot longer than we have.  I truly enjoy EVERYONE S company.  The days are nice and lazy and the nights are full of laughter.  Kazoom, drinking, sing-alongs, drinking, kazoo-alongs, drinking, eating, and did I mention; drinking.  I still can t believe that cork!  Did anyone save it or remember the winery it came from?  Amy is bummed she couldn t make it.
 Great picture s Ray!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 See everyone in 4 1/2 weeks!

gsm x2

ab diverHey all,

gsm x2 and g-whiz made it home safely and soundly.

Took a little extra time because we stopped at the GRAND OPENING of the Lenardo s (sp?) Market in San Jose.  Got us some good stuff for some company we are having from AZ this weekend.  Also got us a WONDERFUL sandwich there.  Turkey on Dutch Crunch bread....oh my.... G isn t much of a sandwich eater and she love that sandwich.  Just another example that " The journey is the voyage, not the destination."   Home at 8:00. PU put a away and car emptied by 8:38.

Georgeanne looked up the orange cork and came back with this:

http://www.sebastianiandsons.com/smokingloon_overview.asp

Guess that will teach me to do work while camping.

OK--please look at your calendars and see what your April weekends look like.  We are discussing being WagonMasters of a " Split the Difference Rally"  which could be somewhere on a line from Morro Bay, Paso Robles, and Wasco(?) If anyone has any suggestions about an campground along those lines + or - 50 miles, please let me know.

Scott

otter

ab diverThe Otter pop-up is neatly tucked away and the wash is done!  
 AND  THE RAIDERS WON!!!!!!
 It has been a while since I cared about a Super Bowl.  Am relly looking forward to this one.  Anyone know a good sport bar?
 Got a kick out of seeing the Saturn Blimp on TV.  
 Great Weekend....what more is there to say
 Great Pictures Ray.... What else? considering the subject matter.  
 And although we eat too much and drink  a bit...all that laughter is soooo Healthy.
 I agree Larry, we are very lucky folks
 hugs to all
 Otter the Lucky!

gsm x2

ab diverCongratulations to all the Raider s fans.

Not only a victory, but a convincing victory.

Very nice to only have a week until the Super Bowl.  Remember when they had TWO WEEKS between them?

Until later,

gsm x2

Nick

ab diverMichele and I had a great time this weekend.  Seems that each rally just gets better and the frienships grow.

Hope you enjoy the photo s.

http://members4.clubphoto.com/michaelmichele294619/1110182/guest.phtml

Civil_War_Buff

ab diverWOW!! Looks like you guys once again had a great time without US there!! [:o]
 I loved the photos Ray and Nick posted, they made me feel a little like I was there.  Having met most everyone made the photo viewing a real personal experience for me.  Looking forward to the Olema outing!!  I am going to even miss my first reenactment just to be all of you!!  I can t wait to see everyone again.  GSMX2 and G-Whiz, when you guys pass through San Jose and come as close to our place as you did this weekend, I sure hope that you will stop by and visit a spell.
 I am glad you had a safe trip home.  

NICK!! Chugging brewski??? What will the neighbors think?  We will have to talk young man!! [;)][&:]

Once again in the NNC tradition you have put on one more to remember!!

Happy Campin  <><

SactoCampers

ab diverWe re back safe and sound. And Baby Sacto slept the entire way!! <BIG THUMBS UP!>

Had a great time with the Nick-Neff-Cough cult.

Loved having the new members come along: Nick s brother and his family and Chelsea and Colin.

Those who couldn t make it were missed!

Great campground, great people, great fun. Now I gotta get me a remote control four-wheeler!

Looking forward to Olema, but we may have to back out at the last minute since it is the weekend directly after our big San Diego trip. We ll play it by ear...hoping we can make it!

Oh, and more good news: Our website finally made it onto the Folding Trailer/Popup Camping webring. Take a look at the first page of our website!

SCCS

ab diverWell it looks like everyone had a great time.Lots of food, drink and great friends,what a way to spend the weekend.Great pictures Ray and Nick.