SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: HalfDome Hyjinx

Started by Civil_War_Buff, Mar 11, 2003, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCCS

abbear
QuoteO.K. Where is SCCS?

I m here,[:)] just been really busy at work and don t feel like doing much when I get home(just sit in front of the air conditioner)[:D].Here in a week you won t hear from me at all.We will be working at night on Highway 132 through Modesto[:@].But I wil do my best to keep up with you guys.

BTW 24 Days to go!   (thought i would get an early start)

SCCS

SCCSKinda SLOW today I see.

Calstate361

SCCS
23 days to go
[/size]

(21 days for us)  [:D]

Yup, been real slow.  I waited all day yesterday to give Kevin a shot at  announcing the days left and he let me down.   [:(]

Joan

SactoCampers

Calstate361Well, we re excited to go. I just got my Yakima bike trays installed on my roof rack, so we ll be bringing the bikes this time and heading to the valley floor to ride around. Or at least ride around the campground facility [;)].

Calstate361

SCCSThere is a lot to do there.  Have you checked out the club site for the Half Dome Hyjinx?   Sal put a new link that takes you to the Yosemite Lakes Web site.  You can click on the different areas of the map and it has a whole list of things to do there and in the area.  Also, just going into Yosemite there is a lot to do there also.  Touring the sites in Yosemite are too spread out to do it on the bike but you can take them along into the valley and bike around there.   The last time we drove around to all the sites it took us 2 days to see almost everything.

We will be there on Thursday so if you want to come in on Thursday also, just let us know.  We will need to let the Manager know who is coming and what dates they are staying by next week.  The Manager has agreed to let those of you who want to, come in on Thursday and not have to leave until Monday or Tuesday.  He just needs to know the dates.  So if anyone else wants to change your time there, let us know ASAP.  Also, remember to bring swim suits because up by the Family Lodge they have damed up the river and there is an old fashioned swimming hole.  The kids usually have a ball.  Bring lots of quarters also, there are video games, a pool table, etc. in the Family Lodge.

Joan

SactoCampers

Calstate361Joan,

We are planning to arrive on Thursday and leave on Sunday.

I can t remember if you ve covered this, but how spacious are the sites and what is the shade situation? We bought one of those ozark trail canopies so we have " manufactured"  shade, but I was just wondering anyway. Just please don t put me next to SCCS. That guy snores like you can t believe! [;)][8D]. Just kidding, Scott.

Also, what is the travel time from Sacramento? Gotta know how many Elmo DVDs to bring.

6Quigs

SactoCampersJoan,

We are planning to arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday.

< Message unedited by 6Quigs -- 7/30/2003 5:03:54 PM >

6Quigs

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Joan,

I can t remember if you ve covered this, but how spacious are the sites and what is the shade situation? We bought one of those ozark trail canopies so we have " manufactured"  shade, but I was just wondering anyway.

This was " covered"  on page 1, the very first post.

QuoteThis area is out in the open so bring your shade canopies.

[;)][;)]
 Always glad to help Sacto.

6Quigs

Calstate361
QuoteYup, been real slow. I waited all day yesterday to give Kevin a shot at announcing the days left and he let me down.  

Sorry Joan,
 but SCCS already called out the days left,
 even if he was premature again[:D].

I tried to steal his beer at Madonna,
 but he had it well hidden,
 couldn t find any in his cooler[&:]

SactoCampers

6Quigs

QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

Joan,

I can t remember if you ve covered this, but how spacious are the sites and what is the shade situation? We bought one of those ozark trail canopies so we have " manufactured"  shade, but I was just wondering anyway.

This was " covered"  on page 1, the very first post.

QuoteThis area is out in the open so bring your shade canopies.

[;)][;)]
 Always glad to help Sacto.

Smart A-- [;)]

Still doesn t answer my question about site size [8D][8D].

Calstate361

SCCSThey vary and it doesn t give you the size on the campground map either.  I think most of them are made to fit a motorhome with slideouts so it should be plenty big enough for a PU or a Hybred.  As stated in the first page the " Superhost sites"  are in the sun.  They are putting up one of those big white shade canopies over where you guys will be and one over by the large fire ring.  We will try to get around site 93 or 94 because we will be there for a week and a  half and there is shade in that area.  The web site map is not very accurate for that end of the campground.   As I remember, the restroom is closer to site 96 and the fire ring is behind that, with the fish cleaning station more behind site 93.  The Superhost sites are not as far away from the restroom as it looks.  We have also purchased a couple of those " easy up"  sun shades and we have had a seperate screen room for quite some time and have not used it.  Maybe we should see if Larry gets site 148 so he will be in the middle of the group, since that is where all the food is!  Anyway, everyone gets to pick their own site (no assignments) and then goes back and tells the ranger which one they took.  So you can pick which ever one you like that isn t already taken.

I m so excited because we are usually by ourselves at this campground, unless our friends from the Bay Area happen to show up (which happened one time, unplanned).  It will be so much fun having all of you around to visit with.

Closer to the camping date I will post some attractions and fruit stands people might want to stop at along the way.  The Hershey s Chocolate Factory is in Oakdale and you drive right through Oakdale.  The Factory does have tours.  As a matter of fact, you turn left right there to continue on the highway through town.

I NEED TO GO CAMPING NOW!!!

Had to edit it, I can t stand typos in my typing.

Since I m editing, I ll answer Kevin...I just missed seeing which one of us was going to broadcast the next date.    BTW, Margaret wanted the name of the dutch oven cook book we have in the trailer.  I ll try to remember to get in there this weekend and get the name and have Sal e-mail it directly to you (I don t get on Sal s computers at home) .  I know Sal purchased it from Amazon.com so maybe they still have it.

OK enough for now, I need to get back to work.

Joan

Civil_War_Buff

SCCS
QuoteThe Hershey s Chocolate Factory is in Oakdale and you drive right through Oakdale.

Just a quick FYI, they NO LONGER have factory tours at the Hershey plant.  The security guard said they discontinued them a couple of months back for " security"  reasons.

calstate360

SactoCampers

Joan,

We are planning to arrive on Thursday and leave on Sunday.

I can t remember if you ve covered this, but how spacious are the sites and what is the shade situation? We bought one of those ozark trail canopies so we have " manufactured"  shade, but I was just wondering anyway. Just please don t put me next to SCCS. That guy snores like you can t believe! [;)][8D]. Just kidding, Scott.

Also, what is the travel time from Sacramento? Gotta know how many Elmo DVDs to bring.

Go here.
 http://www.thousandtrails.com/news/yosemite.htm
 On the lower right side look for the blue flowers.
 That s what the sites look like.
 I ll have to ask Joan how long it really takes.
 We usually stop in Oakdale for gas and lunch,
 and then she has to kill time at the fruit stand..[:@]
 Sal

SCCS

SCCS
QuoteSorry Joan,
 but SCCS already called out the days left,
 even if he was premature again  .
QuoteJust please don t put me next to SCCS. That guy snores like you can t beleive!

Let the bashing begin!

6Quigs

SCCS
22 Days Left
[/size]