RE: HalfDome Hyjinx

Started by Civil_War_Buff, Mar 11, 2003, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calstate361

griffsmom
THURSDAY ARIVALS HAVE 15 DAYS TO GO!

WEDNESDAY ARIVALS HAVE 14 DAYS TO GO!!
[/b][/size]

Thanks for the replay, Tania.  Most of the time we don t get started on dinner exactly the time we indicate, so if you make it, fine; hope you do.  What are your plans, if any, for Saturday night pot-luck?

Joan

calstate360

Ca-girl
QuoteORIGINAL:  Ca-girl

Assuming it s going to take us three hours to get there, we should be arriving somewhere between six or seven.  We may just eat on the road or stop somewhere along the way though if we re going to be there late.  I wouldn t want to subject anyone to the wrath of my over-hungry children. [:o][>:] However, I will bring along a salad of some sort to add to the cause if we re going to be there by 6:00 because:]

Tania, it is about 150 miles from Madison and I-80 if that helps.
 Also it s about impossible to do less than 65 on Highway 99.
 Unless you want to get run over or put up with merging traffic.
 That should give you a better idea.

Calstate361

griffsmom
THURSDAY ARRIVALS HAVE 14 DAYS TO GO!

WEDNESDAY ARRIVALS HAVE 13 DAYS TO GO!
[/b][/size]

Hey, is anyone out there that is going to HalfDome Hyjinx?  I would like answers to my questions about arrival times so I know how many roasts to purchase for Thursday night dinner; and what we want to do for the Saturday night pot-luck.  THANKS

Also, if there are any last minute sign-ups, the cut-off is Monday (8-11-03).  I have to send off the attendance list to the Manager by Tuesday (8-12-03).

Joan

SactoCampers

Calstate361

QuoteHey, is anyone out there that is going to HalfDome Hyjinx?  I would like answers to my questions about arrival times so I know how many roasts to purchase for Thursday night dinner; and what we want to do for the Saturday night pot-luck.  THANKS

Joan

I have no idea what time we ll be arriving because I don t know if we ll have to take a long stop at a park or something and let Sactotoddler play. I would guess mid-afternoon sometime since we re both taking Thursday off.

I also don t know whether we ll be participating in the Thursday dinner. If you don t hear from me, assume we aren t and if we decide to, we ll just bring our own meat.

towrod

griffsmomHi Joan:  We ll I guess I m going to need to take the time to figure out how set up my signature sometime soon!

We are planning on arriving in the early afternoon on Thursday-earlier if we can but that just never seems to work out.  The roast dinner sounds wonderful.  We will be bringing a pie for dessert or do you need an entree?

I think for the potluck on Saturday night, we will bring a salad of some sort.
 Looking forward to seeing you there!

Debbie, Rod, Nathan and Rachel Tussing
 TOWROD

Calstate361

griffsmomThanks for the replies, Sacto & Towrod, as usual we will just wing it.  Sacto, hope you plan to have dinner with us on Thursday, you know the more the merrier!  There are a lot of places you can stop and exercise Sactoddler in Oakdale.  (That s why it takes us 4 hours because we make a couple of stops along the way.) At the light (in Oakdale) where you turn left to continue on the highway you will look almost straight into a landscaped area.  Can t remember if it is actually a park or not, but it is an area where they hold the Chocolate Fair every year.  Also, there are a lot of fruit & nut stands all along the highway on the way outside Oakdale.  My favorite stop is the one on the corner of the highway and Jack Towne Road.  We have stopped there for years because they have a nice selection of olives, all kinds of pickled stuff, chutneys, jams/jelleys, dried fruits and nuts besides the fresh fruit.   There are other fruit stands that will have signs out on the road so you can stop at any you want.  I know the one that we stop at has a little pick-nick area that you can rest and move around in.  Just before you get out of Oakdale on the left side of the road is an A&W/Kentucky Fried Chicken (yes, they are both in the same building) place that Sal likes to stop at to get his A&W Root Beer; since Sacramento doesn t have any A&W stands any more.

I guess I will just go ahead and get 2 roasts and what happens, happens.

Joan

calstate360

Calstate361
QuoteORIGINAL:  Calstate361

There are a lot of places you can stop and exercise Sactoddler in Oakdale.  (That s why it takes us 4 hours because we make a couple of stops along the way.) At the light (in Oakdale) where you turn left to continue on the highway you will look almost straight into a landscaped area.  Can t remember if it is actually a park or not, but it is an area where they hold the Chocolate Fair every year.  Also, there are a lot of fruit & nut stands all along the highway on the way outside Oakdale.  My favorite stop is the one on the corner of the highway and Jack Towne Road.  We have stopped there for years because they have a nice selection of olives, all kinds of pickled stuff, chutneys, jams/jelleys, dried fruits and nuts besides the fresh fruit.   There are other fruit stands that will have signs out on the road so you can stop at any you want.  I know the one that we stop at has a little pick-nick area that you can rest and move around in.  Just before you get out of Oakdale on the left side of the road is an A&W/Kentucky Fried Chicken (yes, they are both in the same building) place that Sal likes to stop at to get his A&W Root Beer; since Sacramento doesn t have any A&W stands any more.
 Joan

The fruit stand is between Manteca and Oakdale. It is on the right hand corner of Jack Tone Rd. and Highway 120. After you get to Oakdale turn left at the main stop light. Four or five blocks down you will see an AM PM and a Burger King on the right, A&W is on the left in the shopping center. This is also the last place to get reasonably priced gas.
 Sal

champ521

Calstate361
QuoteHear Ye, Hear Ye, I would like to know when all of you are arriving on Thursday

We will be arriving early afternoon on Thursday so we have 13 daze to go. I have not given any thought to the Saturday potlick yet. We ll come up with something.

Red neff Barchetta

griffsmomWell, we leave for our very own Yosemite mini-rally (consisting of 1 PU) in the morning.  We really wish we could have made this rally, but the changed dates (from next w/e) just wouldn t work for us.
 We do however, thank Sal & Joan for giving us the idea to visit Yosemite this summer!  We haven t been there for about 8 years, so we are really looking forward to it.
 I ll let you all know gas prices in the area when I return next week.

Red neff BarchettaHave fun Neff,

Just think, this time 2 weeks,
 we ll abb be sitting around with full bellies,
 from our wonderful breakfast,
 contemplating just staying put,
 or trecking off to visit Yosemite for the day[:)][;)]

12 daze left for most,
 13 for us
[/size]

6Quigs

11 DAYS LEFT
[/size]for thursday arrivals

12 Days left for Friday arrivals
[/size]

13 Days left for Saturday  arrivals, (AKA Surfcal)
[/size]

calstate360

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

Have fun Neff,

Just think, this time 2 weeks,
 we ll abb be sitting around with full bellies,
 from our wonderful breakfast,
 contemplating just staying put,
 or trecking off to visit Yosemite for the day[:)][;)]

12 daze left for most,
 13 for us
[/size]

Ok my list is messed up.
 Who is not arriving untill Fri.
 Let me know as I have to let the campground
 know by this Tues.
 Sal
 Who keeps crummy records.[:(]

SactoCampers

calstate360

QuoteOk my list is messed up.
 Who is not arriving untill Fri.
 Let me know as I have to let the campground
 know by this Tues.
 Sal
 Who keeps crummy records.[:(]

This doesn t answer your question, but just for your records we re arriving Thursday, leaving Sunday.

calstate360

SactoCampers
QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

This doesn t answer your question, but just for your records we re arriving Thursday, leaving Sunday.

I have everyone down as Thurs.
 So all I need to know is who is the
 one family who was down for Fri.
 Thanks Brian
 Sal

SCCS

6QuigsSal,

We won t be arriving until friday late afternoon and will be leaving on sunday.Are we doing a saturday potluck or something like that?