Previous topic - Next topic

6Quigs

SCCSSal,
 We are not not arriving till friday,
 Should be arriving sometime after High Noon[:)]

Scott,
 I would presume that we are doing a potluck on saturday,
 though if everyone is intending to head off to visit Yesomite for the day,
 it might tie them to time, trying to get back in time to cook?

Calstate361

6Quigs
11 DAYS FOR FRIDAY ARRIVALS

10 DAYS FOR THURSDAY ARRIVALS

9 DAYS FOR US!!!
[/size]

6 Quigs & SCCS, sorry you are not going to make it until Friday.  If you are planning on going to Yosemite, it might be difficult for you to see it all in one day.  Bring good walking shoes with you because there is a lot of walking/hiking to get to some of the sites from the parking lot.  Also, bring a small ice chest for drinks and food because the cost of food and drink inside the Park is expensive.  Talk to us first, we can recommend where to go first.

Margaret (6 Quigs), I promise to save you a piece of the roast so you can taste it.

As far as the Saturday Night pot-luck, I posted a page back asking what people wanted to do, and to list what they plan to bring so others would know.  So far, all I have gotten is " they will bring something" .  SOOOOOO, I guess we will just wing it.  Since most of you will be gong to Yosemite on Saturday, do you want to change the pot-luck to Friday night?   It really doesn t matter to me.   Majority vote wins so post here ASAP so we can make a decision.

Joan

champ521

6QuigsI vote a simple burgers and dogs potluck both nights.

Calstate361

6Quigs
10 Days left for Friday arrivals

9 Days left for Thursday arrivals

8 Days for us!

BOY, talk about dead boards.  I wait until lunch time to even look at the boards and no one is posting.  Kevin, I gave you your chance to update the countdown....

Dave (Champ521), Yes, hot dogs and burgers sounds like a good idea.  We won t even schedule a formal Pot Luck at all.  We will just get together Friday and/or Saturday night about 6:00ish for whoever is around to bring the food together and join in.  We will probably gather around Larry s (Sammyslave) site as usual.  BTW, be prepared, I m bringing some more of my home made Kahlua.  [;)]

Hey Larry (or Rita), you around?  Haven t heard from you in a while.

Kevin (6Quigs), are you really arriving on Friday?  Sal has two different notes from you; one said you were coming on Thursday and the most recent note said on Friday.   Please confirm.  THANKS

Joan

Ab Diver

6QuigsJoan- hypothetical question---

If someone was to finish painting a house just before the rally, and was soooo fed up with looking at the damn thing after spending day after day prepping it for paint, would there be any sites that could be grabbed at a moment s notice?

Like I said... hypothetical question. [;)]

Ab Diver-- who has lost all his fingerprints from sanding[:@], and is therefore considering taking up safecracking [:o]

Calstate361

6QuigsDave (AbDiver), we would love to have you join us and YES there is room.  We are allowed 25 sites and we only have 10 booked.  If you can swing it, come on Thursday if you want to go to Yosemite because it can take you two days to see it all.  The cost is $24 per night with water and elec.   Let me know now because I need to Fax in our attendance list, at the latest, tomorrow.   OR, I could put you down as tentative so the Manager would, at least, know you might be coming.  If you send me your 1 night deposit, it should get to me before we leave next Wednesday.  They also have my credit card number so I can cover you if it doesn t reach me by the time we leave.   If you don t show up, they will charge me for one night (I know you will pay me back).  Let me know NOW!!!

Hope you can make it.

Joan

6Quigs

Calstate361
QuoteKevin (6Quigs), are you really arriving on Friday? Sal has two different notes from you; one said you were coming on Thursday and the most recent note said on Friday. Please confirm. THANKS
Sadly Joan, we will not be arriving till Friday.
 When you started planning this Rally back in March, I had a job with plenty of vacation time,
 Then the company closed down, and I had loads of free time[:D]
 Now that I have a new job, vacation time is scarce, until I build up a reserve,
 so put us down as Friday arrivals.
 Kevin

Calstate361

6QuigsThanks Kevin, sorry you can t make it until Friday.  We will be watching for you.

Joan

calstate360

6QuigsJoan faxed the list to the campground today so it is all set to go.
 They have the shade covers setup at the campsites & at the group
 fire ring. See you all there.
 Sal

calstate360

Ab Diver
QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

Joan- hypothetical question---

If someone was to finish painting a house just before the rally, and was soooo fed up with looking at the damn thing after spending day after day prepping it for paint, would there be any sites that could be grabbed at a moment s notice?

Like I said... hypothetical question. [;)]

Ab Diver-- who has lost all his fingerprints from sanding[:@], and is therefore considering taking up safecracking [:o]

Dave you are setup as tennative for attendance.
 If you make it just give them your name and tell them you are with the popup
 group.
 Although since we will be there well in advance of everyone I just might
 tell the gate not to let you in unless you are wearing the wasp killer suit.[:)]
 Sal

Ab Diver

6QuigsJoan, check your email.

Sal, you can read it too... don t want you thinkin  I was going behind your back, Big Guy. [;)]

Calstate361

6Quigs
8 Days to go for Friday arrivals

7 Days to go for Thursday arrivals

6 Days to go for us!
[/b][/size]

Dave (Ab Diver), I will check my e-mails as soon as I can get into it.  We have been having a lot of problems the past 2 weeks with our Outlook Server here at work.  They were supposed to have fixed it yesterday, but low and behold, it s not working agian this morning.

I m off tomorrow, so someone (Kevin [:)]), will have to keep the count down going.   As I have said before, I do not get on Sal s computers at home.  I will be busy loading the trailer this weekend and getting everything (as much as I can) ready to leave first thing Wednesday morning because I will be working Monday and Tuesday.

Can t wait, even the dogs know something is going on.  We try not to say the word " camping"  because Buddy knows what that means.  We usually start teasing him a day or two before we leave...." Buddy, you want to go camping?"   He gets all excited.  It s a real kick.  Then, of course, since Buddy is excited, Killer get excited also.  Just like having kids.

Will check in later, I need to go see if our Outlook is up and running now.

Joan

towrod

6QuigsHi Joan:  I just want to make sure we made it to the list of attendees.  Rod (the husband) tells me he sent the deposit but it hasn t been cashed yet.  We will be arriving on Thursday at noon or so and staying through Saturday night.  I am very excited about this trip because we haven t been to Yosemite for five years and we have only been to one other rally (Goldrush).

calstate360

towrod
QuoteORIGINAL:  towrod

Hi Joan:  I just want to make sure we made it to the list of attendees.  Rod (the husband) tells me he sent the deposit but it hasn t been cashed yet.  We will be arriving on Thursday at noon or so and staying through Saturday night.  I am very excited about this trip because we haven t been to Yosemite for five years and we have only been to one other rally (Goldrush).

No checks have been cashed yet. They have my credit card number instead.
 Since we are members of Thousand Trails that is all we needed.
 Not to worry you are on the list and have a reservation.
 Sal

calstate360

Calstate361
QuoteORIGINAL:  Calstate361

The cost is $24 per night with water and elec.  
 Joan

All sites have water, SEWER, and electric. No sense hauling the blue tote if you don t have to.
 Sal