RE: Lake Chabot Negative Buoyancy Rally (1/17-1/19/03)

Started by gsm x2, Jan 05, 2003, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaHey Brian & Ray - I am so glad to see that you both pay attention;

QuoteBtw, if anyone else still wants to go I can bring my generator, battery charger, & 3 batteries (1 group 27 & 2 group 24 s) to ensure that your power will not run low. We would love to have you join us, so don t let the fact that the full hook-up sites are gone discourage you!
Shoot, who-ever has the dry site will have more power than the full hook-up sites, lol!  Might blow up your lightbulbs!
 I hope you guys make it Brian!  I ll feel better about my own survival if Mrs. Sacto Camper is brave enough to camp at Chabot with nothing but some canvass between her and the body snatchers, ha!  I sure am glad Scott will be there to counter their grunts with his almighty raccoon call/shriek!
 Btw, it s not the size that matters, it s how much rabble-rousing you can generate!

Holly - When PUT was down for a while (& you were " clueless"  regarding the Yahoo site, ha) I told the story about you & I being the last official posters on the old board and how we were using the back entrance to get to the " Western Rallies Forum"  to communicate.

Larry - I am bringing some cash for you so I can pay for the groceries for this rally to feed all of these free-loader s.  Is $5.00 enough, ha?  Sadly, I am not a cook, so I want to help out in the pocket-book area.  Also, I ll bring my appliance dolly so you can wheel me home at night after enjoying adult beverages all day long at your place, lol!

Looking at a wharehouse/shop/office a second time tomorrow.  Forget my business, I m just pumped to be able to store the PU indoors, lol!

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteShould we bring a video camera so we can do INSTANT REPLAYS of people backing into their sites?

Scott, Scott, Scott (or should I say, Tommy Lee) - You don t have to disguise the bringing of your video camera.  We all know you 2 are still all mushy about each other.  Whatever you want to film is between you and your Baywatch babe.  I m just worried about the 2 little Y-Guys, asking their parents why you are still making your raccoon noises from inside your PU, lol!
 Btw, can we borrow the camera Saturday night?

SactoCampers

Red neff BarchettaRay,

Thanks for the offer! I feel bad about dislocating you to the other loop, but I ll run it past Mrs. Sacto and see what she thinks. I know she won t feel good about it, but maybe she ll consider it!

Jeff,

preciate the gesture, but we decided that winter camping s gotta be hassle-free. That means hookups and Mrs. Sacto s inalienable right to run the Vornado and lights all day long if she wants! [:D]. I don t wanna even think about batteries or propane if we go. Remember, I have the wife that sets the thermostat at 70 degrees. I ll talk to her this afternoon and see if she s interested in taking Ray s hookup site.

Hybrid Holly

Red neff BarchettaDid anybody notice that it says beer and wine only at the campground?  Maybe this has been true at other campgrounds too, and we have ignored it.  
 Does this mean I have to hide my tequila in a beer can?

Jeff- I thought we were so cool, but then I was locked out!  Didn t know about Yahoo and had withdrawal for a few days.  

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff BarchettaRay, we are thinking about arriving at the " 21st. Amendment"  around 5:30 or 6:00 this Saturday.  Sound good?  Do we need reservations?  There are 6 (with a possible 2-4 more last minute add-ons) of us coming from here and possibly 3 more meeting us all there.  That gives us 3 hrs. to drink, chat, drink, walk around, & of course, drink until the show starts.  Remember, some of these people are educater s and need a regular dose of " therapy"  to handle teaching the fine youth of today, ha!  Right TeacherMom?
 We went to 2 high school basketball games this w/e and " our"  team lost one of the games by 8 points.  They missed 12 of 14 free-throws!  The kids/players all readily admit that they choose to play video games at home rather then practice out in the driveway.  I bet they make every one of their free-throws simulating Kobe Bryant or MJ on the screen, lol!

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta
Georgeanne has four and half pounds of kazoos to be distributed at NNC gatherings
[/b][/size][/color]

Starting at Chabot, Georgeanne has kazoos to give away to all attendees at the NNC Rallies.  I will make little labels for each of them if you e-mail what you want the label to say:  ie sammyslave--rita OR WHATEVER.  The idea is just to ID each kazoo so we know who it belongs to.  Remember to get a label for your children too.

We have assorted colors, so we ll let you pick your own kazoo and attach your own label to it.

Ray has been practicing " San Francisco Bay Blues"  on Erik Clapton s Unplugged CD.  It has a part where he plays the kazoo...so we can play along. [:)]

Kazoos Rock (and you won t find any kazoo music in the EASY LISTENING SECTION)

Scott

gsm x2

SactoCampersBrian,

Don t feel badly about displacing Ray.....he really won t mind.  Just say, " Thanks, with an offer like that, we ll be there."

gsm x2

SactoCampers

gsm x2
Quote" Thanks, with an offer like that, we ll be there."  

Thanks, with an offer like that, we ll be there!"

I was just feelin  bad because this was Ray s chance at center stage with all of his deschnitzifications, and now he s going to be isolated. Guess the microwave will have to wait a month(?). Thanks again Ray! Really appreciate it! [:)][:)]

Surfcal

gsm x2SactoCampers:

Man, that s huge that you re coming.  I d feel bad if you didn t come because of hookup issues.  I m stoked.  But, no egg whites for you!!!

Hey, did you guys see that entry from a newbie?  He mentioned us.  If you re a true NNCer, you gotta love this guy s comments.  And he might even become part of us.  See the thread.

http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=1988&p=1&tmode=1

Cool SactoCampers, see you at the Dead Body Campgrounds, and you re quite welcome.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Great news Brian!  Glad to hear you re gonna make it!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray,  I ll start charging/topping off my batteries on Monday.  Should I bring the generator & charger or do you think you ll be fine with 4 fully-charged batteries?  Worst case, you can always sleep in our other king bed, couch, or dinette.  Although I m told I snore, ha.
 Did you see my post regarding this Saturday?  What do you think?

Site update;
 #1 - gsm him & her (they are noisy at night, so they are off by themselves)
 #2 - Y-Guy & TeacherMom (There will be a lot of explaining regarding #1 s activities)
 #5 - Hybrid Holly (who needs a pull-through site for her fancy big rig)
 #7 - Sacto Camper (the presence alone of Mrs. Sacto is a relief to us all)
 #35 - Surfcal (his lack of concern worries the rest of us and will be monitored)
 #8 - Nick (who will erect a fence around our sites to keep the body snatchers away)
 #9, #9, #9 - " The Walrus is Dead" , er SammySlave
 #10 - Red Barchetta (who can happily be found at #9 with a drink)

Surfcal

gsm x2Neff:

I made reservations for us for 8 to 12 people for Saturday night at 21st Amendment.  I made a sacrifice tonight by going to the bar personally to make the reservations, which thereby made me vulnerable to having drinks, thus ending my alcoholic fast, which I have been trying to maintain since Saturday night.

So...we haf reservayshuns...

Good night.

Serfkel

P.S.  We can get in there between 6 to 6:30.  Reservations under my name.  The manager s name is Rob.

Surfcal

gsm x2Neff:

I m now in site 35.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Ray,  I ve made the change.  This is going to be a great group!

What time is the reservation for on Saturday?

Btw, I too try and stick to w/e s only for adult beverages (then I make up for the past 5 days, lol), but definitely would have been swayed also by going into a microbrewery, ha.  I checked out their website.  Looks like a fun place!  I ll probably add it to my Giants game routine when I am kid-free.
 http://www.21st-amendment.com/21A.html

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Ray, I hope I replied to your private message right.  I sent you a reply, let me know if you got it or not.  I m not sure if I have figured that out properly yet, ha.  I keep forgetting to check my profile and check for messages there!

Hybrid Holly

gsm x2Hey maybe we could have an NCC Giants game outing!