RE: Delta Rally - Snug Harbor - March 21 - 23

Started by gsm x2, Jan 07, 2003, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

OK - we are officially a rally.  Mini (me) or mega has yet to be decided.  Check out the link to Snug Harbor on the NCC website.  Should be fun.  Even the Snug Harbor people seem excited that we are coming.  Get out your fishing poles, kites,  and inflatable kayaks (no not dolls, Surfcal, kayaks) and come to Snug Harbor.
 I have paid the deposit and will pay the full amount in early February.  It is only
 $45 for 2 nights.  Those attending, email me for my mailing address or paypal me.

Here s who we got so far:
 Surfcal
 6Quigs
 Sacto Camper
 CWB
 Red Barchetta
 Sammyslave
 Champ521
 SCCS
 GSM X2 (maybe)
 Hybrid Holly
 Memory Maker
 Otter
 Calstate360
 Lorie (Calstate friend!)

gsm x2

Hybrid HollyDelta Rally?  Little bland.  We need  a snazzy name.  Here are my ideas, but I am sure the cleverer people in NNC will think up more.

" Snugglers Cove Congregation"
 " Delta Dilly Dally Rally"
 " Lizzy Border Hackensack Rally"

gsm x2

Surfcal

Hybrid HollyOK GSM X2:

How about the Delta Confluence?  It s a double entendre, the word " confluence,"  meaning the joining of two different streams of water and the other, the gathering of friends.

The Delta Confluence, that s my pitch.

Hybrid Holly:

You have it all confused.  When I was talking, it was about inflatable rafts and " inflammable"  dolls.  You have it backwards.

I also sent you the fee via PayPal.

Surfcal

Hybrid Holly

Hybrid HollyPlease submit your suggested rally name change...

I like Ray s (no offense Scott....) by the way does this mean you are coming up for it?  We could use a good water way expert such as yourself.  

SactoCampers

Hybrid Holly
QuoteThe Delta Confluence

Too serious. Sounds like a Meryl Streep drama. I think " double entendres"  are too advanced for our group. I don t wanna think too hard, especially when I m busy doing roof-to-snow weight calculations for fun. We need something simple, like Delta Dilly Dally Rally....(I m with ya Scott!!). So that s my vote [:)][8D].

Hybrid Holly

Hybrid Holly
QuoteLook, if you multiply the final drive axle ratio by the transfer differential trinket, install multiple heavy duty viscous couplings with locking clutch plate differential jobbies, a triple quadruple bypass auxiliary transmission widget, aftermarket temperature controlled oil protection thermostat whatchamacallit, Dexter rear axle with dual on-demand helper spring jimmyrigs, SD-rated LTW tires, macroperformance computer controlled drivetrain upgrade with thermal overload compensation thingy, a new set of wiper blades, and some duck tape, and there s no reason a minivan can t tow a 5th wheel.

QuoteToo serious. Sounds like a Meryl Streep drama. I think " double entendres"  are too advanced for our group.

Yes, these quotes are from the same individual!

Surfcal

Hybrid HollySactocampers:

I m not going to stick my neck out on this, but you got to name the Gold Country Rally because you happen to be the Wagonmaster.

So, it just seems logical that Hybrid Holly puts her personal stamp on this Rally with a name of her own.  Now, I know there s no Amendment of any kind regarding this, but it just seems natural.

Maybe that s just me.

Surfcal

SactoCampers

Surfcal
QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

Sactocampers:

I m not going to stick my neck out on this, but you got to name the Gold Country Rally because you happen to be the Wagonmaster.

So, it just seems logical that Hybrid Holly puts her personal stamp on this Rally with a name of her own.  Now, I know there s no Amendment of any kind regarding this, but it just seems natural.

Maybe that s just me.

Surfcal

I was thinking the same thing. So Holly, if you want " Double Entendre on the Delta" , I mean, " Delta Confluence"  it s yours. And with this new rally naming authority vested in the Wagonmasters, I m thinking about renaming the Gold Country rally to: GoldDigger Rally! [:)][:)]

Surfcal

Hybrid HollyGSM X2, now you ve done it.  Olema just seems so plain now.  Nick, we need a compelling name for Olema, something that will capture the imagination, seize the moment and thrust it into a larger than life kind of name.

So Nick, that s the challenge dude.

Surfcal

otter

Hybrid HollyThe Otters are Coming!! The Otters are coming!!!!
 I d best not wait too long for this one!!!
 Rally names:  
 Holly s Harbor Happenin
  Da Delta Daliance
 The March to the Delta  ( I get this image of all the popups marching over hills and vales to this great harbor)
 Doesn t matter what the name is we will be there. Count us in.  Holly, I emailled you ( I think) ( the ole computer has been crashing on me today) Send your addy to me and I will shooot off a check....I know Sacto you are still waiting for yours too;  there is hope.  
 hugs

Hybrid Holly

Hybrid HollyLon and Dianne-
 I got you on the list, that makes 12!  We are inching towards Mega Rally status!

otter

Hybrid HollyThe check is in the mail, olly .  Thanks.  We have some friends who live in the area.  Maybe they will join us.  The more the merrier.

Civil_War_Buff

otterHow about " AXE me about my weekend"   Rally?

Sorry I couldn t resist.

Happy Campin  <><

calstate360

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

How about " AXE me about my weekend"   Rally?

Sorry I couldn t resist.

Happy Campin  <><

Leave it to someone who plays war games for fun to come up with that one. [8D]

Hybrid Holly

Hybrid Holly
QuoteHow about " AXE me about my weekend"  Rally?

Hey CWB, I like it!  
 Think it would offend anyone?

We are at 13 now.  Sal and Joan are in and may be bringing new recruits!
 If anyone is interested in arriving on Thursday, let me know and I will arrange that when I call Snug Harbor.