RE: " Wave n at da Beach" Nor-Cal Mini-Rally!

Started by otter, May 07, 2003, 01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

champ521

otterSurf- I ve been trying to ignore the B.C. references hoping it would just go away. Looks like it might be stuck though. Don t think for a minute that I ll change my screen name.[8D]

Ca-girl

Ab Diver
QuoteMy oldest daughter s year-end school dance was supposed to be this weekend

Dave,

How old is she??  I thought your girls were around the same age as mine, and there is NO WAY my baby is old enough to dance with BOYS!!!! [:o]

QuoteI ve been trying to ignore the B.C. references hoping it would just go away.

Bee Cee.....you obviously haven t been paying a bit of attention.....old embarassments never die with the NNC crowd, they just go on and on and on and on [8D]

QuoteRay, let s hope the ocean cooperates. Otherwise, the only cooking at my site will consist of opening brewskis and asking who wants what on their Bernillo s pizza.

So...if the ocean is uncooperative (or even if the ocean cooperates fully for that matter), what is the plan for food?  Is there going to be the pot luck type deal one or more nights?  Is there something specific I should include on my shopping list?  Inquiry minds want to know [:D]

champ521

Ca-girl
QuoteSo...if the ocean is uncooperative (or even if the ocean cooperates fully for that matter), what is the plan for food? Is there going to be the pot luck type deal one or more nights? Is there something specific I should include on my shopping list? Inquiry minds want to know  

We were planning on bringing something for the usual Saturday night potluck. I know Surfcal s got an appetite on his list.

otter

Calstate361
QuoteIf I had known you were looking for a Kayak, I could have hooked you up with a used one,
Whoa. i might be interested in one.  Lon has always wanted one.  We aren t  certifed but have gone several times and he really enjoys it.  I MAY be able to get the kids to all kick in for a Father s Day Present.  Email me if it is possible to get a used one in the $150 range.
 Such talents lurking in this NNC group.  Have fun timing

otter

otterI can t imagine not having a pot luck; especially with such a small group.  

Can we go easy on Friday: like hot dogs and garden burgers,chips and salad. (and beer  beer  beer)  Bring your own stuff.  
 Maybe pancakes and saugages  and fruit Saturday morning and a
 pot luck Sat. Night.
 Geee  I miss Larry! I hate cooking, shopping and planning, but there it is!
 Whadya think?

Red neff Barchetta

otterA Saturday night potluck does sound good like usual.  Since the cook in our family won t be there though, I ll be bringing something extremely simple.  Mac n cheese, cheese and cracker s, drinks, dessert, or something like that.
 I m with Dianne.  Can we even pull off a potluck without Sammy Slave?!!  Who will guide and nurture us?  I wonder if he even knows about this rally?

Red neff Barchetta

otterThanks to my 3 year-old who thinks EVERY day is a week day, I was up at 6 this morning!

Boy, this rally is sooo close!

Today, I m going to try an easy (hopefully) mod. I just learned of for better ventilation for the %^&# water heater pilot light.  Fill the tires and tighten the lugs on the PU while I m at it.

Ab Diver

otterTania, my oldest is 12. And no, she is not dating boys yet. I told her she could start dating just as soon as she was married. [;)] But this dance is a *very important* social event for her, she s been looking forward to it for months. It s her sixth grade graduation dance, and the last event she will ever have at this school. And since my wife works at the school as well...

Besides, if they are anything like we were at 12, the school gym will be " boys against one wall, girls against the other" , and a no-man s lands in between with each side trying to get up the courage to cross it. Gotta love sixth grade. [:D]

I won t know what kind of work day I ll have until I walk into my truck, but I ll work straight through with no lunch to get off ASAP. I ll hook up and drive over after work. I m figuring on simple for Friday night. BBQ ed Johnsonville brauts are always a hit with our family. Saturday morning, I m hoping to get us Saturday night s dinner.[;)] Anything is possible, but I m bringing a nice tri-tip as back-up. I ll ask Elaine what she wants to plan for her side of the meals and post it. If it s too rough to dive, I can do the *big breakfast* theme, with bacon/sausage, eggs any way, home fries, and " Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix"  country gravy. Or, save it for Sunday morning since we don t have that far to drive home.

Marine World was fun for my DD, but crowded. A few of the rides we wanted to go on were closed, like the Dinosphere and the White Water Rapids (MAJOR BUMMER!!). For the price you gotta pay for parking, admission, and food and drinks, you expect the whole park to be open.[:@] I did ride " Roar"  with my little one, and that s about as wild as my adult stomach wanted to go. After carefully eyeing all the loops and bends, we both decided " Medusa"  was a bit out of our league, or we d look like this: [: (]  At the price of the corn dogs we ate for lunch, I didn t want to wind up just " renting"  them.[;)]

Surfcal

otterHey you guys:

Especially you Champ, don t even question whether there ll be a Saturday night Potluck.  There has to be one, it s our NNC tradition, in fact, a PUT nation tradition.

This began many many generations ago, when pop-ups (or covered trailers) were pulled by oxen across the plains and the primary campfire musical instrument was the lute.

Several generations later, es-you-vees tow the pop-up and boom boxes have replaced the lute, and now our only tie to the past is the Saturday night Potluck.

You can count on me for Saturday night, I ll bring pork ribs and barbeque  em on the spot with the Chaka marinade.  Yee-haw.

Surfcal

Ab Diver

Surfcal
Quoteboom boxes have replaced the loot

Hmmm... first it s " lute" , then it " loot" .  Considering your reputation as a tri-tip " liberator" , could this be a Fruedian slip? [;)]

Ab Diver--- considering hiring armed security for his tri-tip...

Surfcal

Ab DiverAb,

You re sharp.  Funny, I caught that Ms. Spelling before I read your entry and I edited.  But in those days, we had to bring loot instead of American Express.

Surfcal

champ521

Surfcal
QuoteThis began many many generations ago, when pop-ups (or covered trailers) were pulled by oxen across the plains and the primary campfire musical instrument was the lute.

In honor of these folks, I will be making a big pot (crock) of bbq beans for the pot lick.

otter

SurfcalI llbring dessert of some kind (s) for Saturday night potluck!
 Ray, will you join Lon and I for pasta on thursday night? It will be an easy fix for us.  
 Things are coming together.yummmmmmmmmm
 Larry and Rita know about this rally; but they are showing Sophieso can t make it.

Surfcal

SurfcalHello Dianne:

I am honored to be your dinner guest on Thursday night.  I will bring a bottle of wine and the candles for atmosphere.  It should be very nice.

Besides that, Champ won t be there until Friday which means I can t raid his cooler until then.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

otter5 days left!

Yeehaawww!!!!!!!  See everyone soon.

Ray -
 Thanks for the potluck history lesson.  That one is a doozy!