HalfDome Hyjinx III

Started by calstate360, Aug 16, 2004, 04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

HalfDome Hyjinx III
August 4th through 9th, 2005
You can come in as early at Thursday
and leave as late at Tuesday.
The weekend only would be the 5th, 6th, & 7th.

Yosemite Lakes Thousand Trails.
We will again be the superhosts for the event.
We have reserved 15 sites besides our own.
We can reserve 10 more if need be.

Cost will be $28 per night.
They have changed the deposit structure,
any reservations not canceled 14 days prior
to the event will forfeit their deposit of $28

Map of the campground is at.
http://community.webshots.com/user/calstate360

Campground Website is at.
http://www.thousandtrails.com/_vti_...gi?preserve=163

More info at.
http://www.thousandtrails.com/news/yosemite.htm

The cutoff date for reservations is July 21, 2005 as usual
they are holding my credit card hostage so all payments
should be made out to Joan Lutz.
If you are a member of Thousand Trails or a reciprocating
campgroung membership, make your reservations through
them as the cost will be less.

6Quigs

otter

This time: No Valley floor.  Hiking for all. :-() or video's in the air conditioned rigs :)  and of course home brew  :! .
We're in. :eek:

Red neff Barchetta

Sounds like more fun!   :)

Unfortunately we'll miss that hike Kev.   :(

We will most likely either still be in Colorado or have moved on into Utah with the PU on these dates (a 5-week NP extravaganza!).
Very cool that my "National Parks Pass" that I bought on 8/06/04 in Yosemite will still be good through the end of 8/05!  $50.00 well spent.   :)

Calstate361

Time to BUMP this thread up.

Ten months to go so mark you calendars in advance!  :W

Joan

Dee4j

now that we have the Hybrid I'm seriously considering joining this trip.  I just need to Talk to DH and see what he wants to do. I would like to go Thurs.-Tues.
Are we assigned sites now or when we get there? also I couln't tell by the park info do we have full hookups (it list not all sites have sewer) and do they have fire rings or do we have to bring a full enclosed pit ourselves.

Dee4j

Quote from: 6QuigsJeff,
we've got a year to train for this.
Here are some websites with some tips!!

http://www.thecaliforniahikingpage.com/yosemite/halfdome/halfdome.html

http://www.rahul.net/kenton/fun/yosemite/

you can count me out on this ...DH might give it a go. I'm too fat, old, outta shape and afraid of heights and it'd take me more than a year to train for this.

I'll just stay at camp and make sure the beer stays cold.

OC Campers

I think the rOCklin campers are up for this one too.  Come on Deidre, we can lock Chris and Kevin in the camper and sit by the fire.:D .

Jacqui

Dee4j

Quote from: OC CampersI think the rOCklin campers are up for this one too.  Come on Deidre, we can lock Chris and Kevin in the camper and sit by the fire.:D .

Jacqui

okay you twisted my arm ..sign me up..I actually talked to DH about taking 3 days off so we can go Friday to Tues. if he's not going to take off then the kids & I will go Thurs- Sunday. Is the closest major airport  Sacramento? or is there one closer..maybe DH can fly in for the weekend.

6Quigs

Quote from: Dee4jnow that we have the Hybrid I'm seriously considering joining this trip.  I just need to Talk to DH and see what he wants to do. I would like to go Thurs.-Tues.
Are we assigned sites now or when we get there? also I couln't tell by the park info do we have full hookups (it list not all sites have sewer) and do they have fire rings or do we have to bring a full enclosed pit ourselves.

Dee, it would be great to have you join us at Yosemite next year, even if you don't join us for a hike up half dome!! ;)

The sites are assigned when you get there, and we are all grouped together. You get to choose who you are beside,(or not beside). All the sites are full hook ups, with water, electricity, sewer, and cable TV, and they all have a fire ring, which consists of some rocks on the ground in a circle. You can always add a few more rocks to the cicrle to increase it's diameter, and have a campfire that you are famous for!!

Dee4j

I think it sounds like a fun place. I'm definately going now to decide for how long..if I get my way (which I usually do ;) ) Thurs-Tues sounds just perfect.

maybe I should bring some extra rocks for the firepit! ;)

Surfcal

This is a nice campground and you can't go wrong with Nick-Neff-Cough.

If you like the high country, Yosemite, warm temps, unfettered fun, and a veritable cornucopia of food and drinks, then you've stumbled upon one of NNC's signature rallies.

This is one of the trifecta of the legendary NNC rallies, Olema (3rd year coming up) being one of them, of course the Mega-Rally in the Summer, and in the fall...the Half Dome Hyjinx (also in its third year).

You'll have a good time.

Surfcal

Calstate361

Dee4J,

As the others have so graciously and correctly filled you in for us there is not much more I can add. When the time gets closer I will ask for sign-ups again and will make a chart to keep track. We will also have to collect a one nights deposit about a month to 2 weeks in advance of the rally. When you come into the preserve, you will check in with the guard and they will tell you where we are camped (probably in Sun Valley) then you just pick the site you want and let the guard know. As for the fire pit, if you don't have a circle of rocks the person we deal with can get you a metal fire pit, or you can bring your own; it's up to you. We will be bringing the tub that Kevin's (6Quigs) friend made so we will have one anyway.

Since we are NACO/Thousand Trails members we are the "Superhosts" for this rally. We don't mind at all because we always come to camp there in August anyway so it is no big deal. You can use all the amenities that perserve offers and it is only 5 miles to the entrance to Yosemite. Everyone has had fund in past years. People just go and do what they want as a family or with a group of NNCers. We just wing it and try to get back for the Saturday night pot-luck at around 6 or 7 p.m. Last year Surfcal brought his Keroke machine and we sang until quiet time of 11:00 p.m. We all had a great time.

So, it would be great to have you join us. The more the merrier!

Joan

Dee4j

Quote from: Calstate361Dee4J,
 last year Surfcal brought his Karaoke machine and we sang until quiet time of 11:00 p.m. We all had a great time.

Joan

Sounds like fun..wonder if G-whiz will be joining us for the karaoke :p

Surfcal you bring the machine...I'll bring the CD's and I'll see if I can get a hold of some more CD's.  :p

Calstate361

Dee4J, I don't think you need to worry about getting more CDs becasue Surfcal had a couple of boxes full of them when he brought the machine.   All you will probably need to worry about is bringing any particular songs/groups you want just in case he doesn't have it.Joan