News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfDome Hyjinx III

Started by calstate360, Aug 16, 2004, 04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

Not a problem with us Sal and Joan.  I agree with Dee, it is still cheaper than a lot of other places.  We just made reservations for our family and some friends to go to Shaver Lake and with 8 people on a site it is almost $50 a nite and that is only electric and cable.  We still have to haul water and go dump,:yikes: :( .

Jacqui

pcmom

Hello Sal & Joan,

Please add us to your list of attendees :) We are working on our summer calendar and want to make a Yosemite Trip this year.  The only change may be if our middle son decides to go to Cub Scout Resident Camp and/or if our older son comes up with a Boy Scout function, then the dates conflict.  Wow, this summer we will have a Boy Scout and 2 Cub Scouts! - Life is busy! :eyecrazy:

Anyway, since we have never been to Yosemite, is it really better to camp outside of the park or would it be better to camp inside (that's "if" I can even reserve a spot)?

Thanks so much!

Michelle

Dee4j

I just reminded DH to make sure it was on his calendar and as usual I got the deer in headlights look "yosemite when?" anyway put us down for arriving Thurs and leaving Monday. (I think I originally stated Fri-tues)

Calstate361

Michelle/PCMom,

Camping in the park or outside...it depends on what you want to do. Our campground is only 5 miles outside the entrance, then it is about 1/2 hour drive down into the valley. A lot of people don't particularly like camping down in the valley because it is crowded, noisy, and costs more. I believe you only get electric and maybe water in the valley where with us you get full hook-up. It's your choice. If you decide to camp in the valley you better make your reservations now as they fill up almost a year in advance. And besides, camping with us would be more fun because you would be with some of the group.

Dee4j/Deidre,

I changed your departure date from Tuesday to Monday (8-8-05).

Joan

Azusateach

Greetings from Azusa!
   I've been eyeing this thread for several weeks, and I'd love to join you all.  Being new to pop-uping, I haven't participated in anything yet, although I'm slated to go to a rally in April with SCCampers.  Yosemite is one of my favorite places in the world, so camping near it without the hassles of millions of people sounds great to me.  Plus, there's full hook-ups!   :p  Please put me down for the duration & let me know when & where to send you $$.  I'm looking forward to it!  

Laura

OC Campers

Laura, welcome to NNC.  My family and I are former SC Campers.  We moved up North in August.  They are a great group of people.  You will enjoy camping with them.  Looking forward to meeting you in August.  Have you given our large mega rally in Pismo Beach (the end of June) any thought?  This is a combined SC Campers and NNC rally.  The best of both worlds

Jacqui

Azusateach

I have been thinking about the Pismo Beach trip.  It's a week after we get out of school, and usually I'm comatose for awhile. :o But, you've given me the nudge I need to put my name down.  My biggest concern for both trips, though, is what to do with my dog if everybody wants to do something.  I'm not inclined to leave her alone in a pop-up.  She probably wouldn't be there when I got back!  So, if you all can tell me what people do with their pooches (leaving at home is NOT an option), I'd appreciate it.  Thanks --

Laura

OC Campers

We bring our dog with us too.  She would kill us in our sleep if we left her at home.  We also cannot leave her in the trailer because she will cry and wine.  Last year I took the kids to morro bay and my husband stayed back with the dog.  If it is cool enough outside we will leave her in the car when we go somewhere.  My daughter who is 13 and my 18 year old neice will be with us and they both love dogs so if you want to go somewhere we will watch her for you.  I think one time my family wanted to go somewhere where dogs weren't allowed and we chained her to a tree near where everyone was hanging out and that worked out fine too.  

Jacqui

Azusateach

Wow, thanks!  I figured others brought their dogs & knew what to do with them.  I'll be happy to pooch-sit if needed.  When I head to the high country I often like to find a place to just sit & read.  From what I've seen on the TT site it looks like a good place to do just that!  There's also a place in the Valley that I love to go -- not real crowded & right on the river.  Also, perfect for dogs!  I can hardly wait!

Laura

OC Campers

Sitting and reading is what I like to do at the campsite too.  My idea of relaxing is if my husband takes the kids fishing and I get to stay back at the campsite by myself with dog.

Don't let your doggy keep you from a rally.  We will help you out.
Jacqui

Azusateach

Thanks!  Can we go now?

Dee4j

Quote from: AzusateachI have been thinking about the Pismo Beach trip.  It's a week after we get out of school, and usually I'm comatose for awhile. :o But, you've given me the nudge I need to put my name down.  My biggest concern for both trips, though, is what to do with my dog if everybody wants to do something.  I'm not inclined to leave her alone in a pop-up.  She probably wouldn't be there when I got back!  So, if you all can tell me what people do with their pooches (leaving at home is NOT an option), I'd appreciate it.  Thanks --

Laura

NUDGE NUDGE hey you'e a teacher ...you have ALL summer to rest :J

Dee4j

Quote from: OC CampersSitting and reading is what I like to do at the campsite too.  My idea of relaxing is if my husband takes the kids fishing and I get to stay back at the campsite by myself with dog.

Don't let your doggy keep you from a rally.  We will help you out.
Jacqui

that's what's really cool about rally's your kids have others to play with so they don't "get Bored" and alot of times it gives us some extra eyes on the kids. Like when the  kids think it's cool to scooter down a steep incline with a nice size crack and sand at the end just large enough to stop the front wheel dead in it's tracks (thanks Scott -still owe ya on that one).

not to mention Marga -G-tas. GREAT FOOD, warm fire. GREAT food, beer, warm fire, karaoke................

Azusateach

I'm in!  I'm in!  Now, you all will have to school me in rally etiquette.  :sombraro:  What kind of stuff will I need to bring that's rally-specific?  How may pot-lucks do I plan for?  Nooo ... I don't need to know it NOW, but it gives me something to be excited about, just thinking about it.
   At the Pismo rally, is there usually a fairly equal number of Northern & Southern Calif. folks?  In Yosemite, what's the daytime temp. like?  I don't have AC on my pop-up, but have the option of adding it as part of my sales agreement.  Would it be helpful?  How often do you need it in our fair state?  (Guess this is a rather divergent question -- oh well!)
   Looking forward to putting faces on all these names!

Laura

boncrab

I'll tell you for us.

When we purchased our used trailer it had A/C. I wasn't specifically wanting or needing it, but oh well it was there.  We had thought of taking it off and putting in one of those max air fan vents instead.  However, this past summer we were in Utah and it was 103 degrees and I came down with a migraine.  We closed up all the curtains and put on the air, took one of my pills and laid on the goucho.

It got freezing in the trailer even while that ambient temp outside was still over 100.  I'll tell ya, I'm second guessing my decision to sell the air.

OC Campers, I know we discussed last Pismo about possibly selling it to you       :(          , but that trip has caused me change my mind.

That is however, the only time so far that we have used the A/C.  But we didn't camp much in July, and our August trip took us to Colorado and then back through Utah.  This year will be a better test for us.

Bonnie