News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

griffsmom
Quote:::hmmm...this group is smarter than the lawyers I m used to dealing with....I ll have to try something else...dang!:::

Darn it, Lori, you almost made me spray the screen!  I should know by now NOT to be drinking anything when reading these boards!!! [:D]

griffsmom

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Quote:::hmmm...this group is smarter than the lawyers I m used to dealing with....I ll have to try something else...dang!:::

Darn it, Lori, you almost made me spray the screen!  I should know by now NOT to be drinking anything when reading these boards!!! [:D]

Did milk come out your nose?  I love when that happens to people![:D]

Cottonwooder

griffsmom
QuoteDid milk come out your nose?

Not this time, not quite.  (How d you know it was milk?)  OK, time for me to hit the sack.  G night, all.  [8D]

SactoCampers

otter
QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

Hey!  I just got home from daughters...babysitting...  and the car in front of me paid my toll on the bridge.  [:D]
 Believe it or Leave it!

Leave it. If you were in Menlo Park, there s no reason to take a toll bridge from Santa Cruz. You would just hop on highway 85.

I just had a visual: southern California plus lawyers = trunk slamming shut and intro to the LA Law theme song.

Nick

CottonwooderIt was true, exactly how I said it.  I called Dave and he realized he had my keys when he was in King City.  Too far to turn around to bring me the keys.  And yes the smallest bolt cutters were able to break the lock.

4 points for Mike.

I ll side with Sacto on Otters story.

SactoCampers

CottonwooderTake it or leave it:

When I was in college pledging a fraternity, I was a designated driver for a sorority s formal dance. I had been driving people back and forth all night (and driving my car hard, too) and was making my last pick up. I decided to leave the engine running because my car was a turbo and I knew I wouldn t be gone very long and it s not great to stop and start turbos quickly. So as I leave the car to go look inside the building, two drunk guys are sitting on the grass without their dates. I ask them if they need a ride. They said " No"  with a glazed look on their face. So I look inside and ask some of the remaining girls if they need a ride home. They said " Yes, thanks, we thought no one was coming back."  So we walk back out to the parking lot to find my car missing. So were the two drunk guys. I loook around and see my car being back up into a bush and somebody is peeling out trying to get out of the parking lot with the lights off. I chase after them to stop, but they find their way out and drive the five miles back into town. I have to call the cops and file a stolen vehicle report and get a ride back to my apartment in the back of a cop car.

g-whiz

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Nick

It was true, exactly how I said it.  I called Dave and he realized he had my keys when he was in King City.  Too far to turn around to bring me the keys.  And yes the smallest bolt cutters were able to break the lock.

4 points for Mike.

I ll side with Sacto on Otters story.

Wow Mike!  That is a scary thot, huh!  Now I ll really be nervous when we leave the PU out on the street overnight.

QuoteHey! I just got home from daughters...babysitting... and the car in front of me paid my toll on the bridge.  
 Believe it or Leave it!

I m going to BELIEVE IT.  I m basing my answer on the fact that perhaps Lon was ahead of you because you had both been at your daughters coming from different places.  Of course, I know nothing about the area up there and have NO idea whether you need to cross a bridge going here or there as some of the natives do.  I should probably side with them, but am venturing out on my own.

g-whiz

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Take it or leave it:

When I was in college pledging a fraternity, I was a designated driver for a sorority s formal dance. I had been driving people back and forth all night (and driving my car hard, too) and was making my last pick up. I decided to leave the engine running because my car was a turbo and I knew I wouldn t be gone very long and it s not great to stop and start turbos quickly. So as I leave the car to go look inside the building, two drunk guys are sitting on the grass without their dates. I ask them if they need a ride. They said " No"  with a glazed look on their face. So I look inside and ask some of the remaining girls if they need a ride home. They said " Yes, thanks, we thought no one was coming back."  So we walk back out to the parking lot to find my car missing. So were the two drunk guys. I loook around and see my car being back up into a bush and somebody is peeling out trying to get out of the parking lot with the lights off. I chase after them to stop, but they find their way out and drive the five miles back into town. I have to call the cops and file a stolen vehicle report and get a ride back to my apartment in the back of a cop car.

THAT is a good story. The only thing I know about fraternaties is what I learned from Animal House.  So, that makes me think that this story could be true, but maybe the character roles are reversed.  Like, maybe you were the one sitting on the grass without your date with the glazed look in your eye.  Then when you saw the designated driver pull up in the Turbo and leave it running, you jumped in and took it for a ride.  Therefore, the police report would have been filed against you, not by you.  Hmmmm... then again, we are talking about Sacto here.  Logical, statistical Sacto.  But, as a pledge, could it have been a double-dog dare to steal the car?  

Ok, my answer is LEAVE IT!

Cottonwooder

g-whiz
QuoteBesides this time one of the WM requested it.

Farewell, thread.  Nick, what s a " WM" ?

Nick

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

QuoteBesides this time one of the WM requested it.

Farewell, thread.  Nick, what s a " WM" ?

WM = Wagonmaster

6Quigs

SactoCampers
QuoteI loook around and see my car being back up into a bush and somebody is peeling out trying to get out of the parking lot with the lights off.
Some editing is badly needed here Sacto!!

And only Sacto would know that a turbo engine does not like to be stoped and started again, so I vote Take it.

As for Otter, where does her daughter live, East bay? Then otter would be crossing over the Dumbarton Bridge, and the toll is from East to West, so again I vote a take it.

SactoCampers

6Quigs

QuoteSome editing is badly needed here Sacto!!

Okay MOM.

QuoteAnd only Sacto would know that a turbo engine does not like to be stoped and started again, so I vote Take it.

stoped? What s stoped?

QuoteAs for Otter, where does her daughter live, East bay? Then otter would be crossing over the Dumbarton Bridge, and the toll is from East to West, so again I vote a take it.

Oooh, good point about the direction of toll. Forgot about that. But she said yesterday she was in Menlo Park. Does she have more than one daughter??

Nick

CottonwooderHey this game is fun.  I also belive Sacto s story is true.

Here s another one.  I pulled into an Arco station many years ago.  They have the seperate machines to run your ATM through.  So I m walking up to the machine to pay for my gas when another guy steps in front of me asks what pump I m on.  I tell him and he puts his card in the ATM machine and tells me to fill up my tank.  I did thanked him.  He kinda shruged it off, filled his tank and left.

Cottonwooder

otter
QuoteGood luck tomorrow with your root canal.  Mine went so well, I know you will be fine.  Let me know!

[:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

g-whiz

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Nick

Hey this game is fun.  I also belive Sacto s story is true.

Here s another one.  I pulled into an Arco station many years ago.  They have the seperate machines to run your ATM through.  So I m walking up to the machine to pay for my gas when another guy steps in front of me asks what pump I m on.  I tell him and he puts his card in the ATM machine and tells me to fill up my tank.  I did thanked him.  He kinda shruged it off, filled his tank and left.

Ok Mike, I m not fallin  for another one of your stories.  Or, is that what you are counting on?  You say " many"  years ago.  I think the ATM machines are fairly new to ARCO  so I say LEAVE IT.