News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

CottonwooderGeorgeanne corrects me on the name of the game.  It s " Believe It or Leave It."   Concepts the same.

Scoring for " Believe It or Leave It"  is two points for every person that gets the answer right.  For every person who guesses wrong, the story teller gets one point.

So the score after one round is:

Scott 3 points---other people NONE.

It was the absolute truth just like I said.  I don t know why she was willing to pay out about $15.00 to get in front of me and have me look at the picture.  But she did.

BTW--don t feel bad.  I had to take Beth to the girl at the picture counter to have her validate my story before she would believe it.

BTW--remember I was having trouble with my digital camera, that s why I had to replace it.  So for this trip to Michigan, I shot film.

NEXT PLAYER???

gsm x2

Nick

Cottonwooder
Quote" Believe It or Leave It."  

Ok, this on time at band camp, no seriously though it was at camp El Chorro to be exact.  I had my brother tow my trailer to the campground as most of you know.  Michele and I had deiced to stay an extra day to enjoy the rain.  Dave and the rest of my family left Sunday morning.  Michele and I went into SLO to walk around downtown and on the way back a thought occurred to me.  I had noticed my tongue lock was locked on the trailer but I did not recall seeing my keys all weekend.  So I called my brother Dave to ask where my keys were and he replied that they were in his car.  So I had to find a hardware store, purchase a bolt cutter in order to remove the lock.  Now Dave owes me a new lock.

Believe it or Leave It!

Surfcal

CottonwooderOff the topic...

Hey folks, just checking in.  My busy period at work started Monday after our El Chorro camp.  Then midweek, I got all fired up about biking once again that I purchased a new bike and have engorged myself into riding and into full exhaustion.  I also went camping this weekend sans the pop-up again at Costanoa.

It was a beautiful weather weekend and found muddy single-track trails to go on.  This combines my two favorite outdoor activity, camping and biking.  Went biking all around the coastal area and up into the hills & redwoods of Butano State Park.

Nick, since you were into mountain biking once, I got me a Specialized Enduro Pro.  What a machine. so well made that at times, I don t know where machinery and human interface begin and end, except, my ass is sore.  In that area, I know exactly where it begins and ends.  GSM, you know exactly what I mean.

Then I went to Santa Cruz over the weekend along West Cliff Drive, a friend invited me to go surfing, but I didn t have my gear.  So I had to sit it out and just bike down the path along with the amateurs.  Otter, you have a gorgeous place.  It s a great place to just pop-up the camper in the driveway.  Saw your Viking out in the back area and the proper political sign out front.  I knew it had to be your place.

I also went to Ano Nuevo to see Lon again, but he wasn t there.  That makes it twice now that I ve missed him.  I ll check in from time to time, but I ve entered into a real busy period and it ll take me through the month.

Good to see everyone carrying on the shenanigans and Rabble Rousing.

Namaste
 Surfcal

SactoCampers

Surfcal
QuoteThen I went to Santa Cruz over the weekend along West Cliff Drive,

Mrs. Sactocampers and I used to live about 3/4 mile from West Cliff Drive on Escalona. Just north of Mission at the intersection of Swift. We lived there for about a year and loved it. We used to ride along the biking path all the time and then we would go down to the boardwalk, ride the Big Dipper and then ride back home. We really did enjoy living so close to the ocean. We miss it. I guess that s why we like camping at the beach so much.

I just have a basic Gary Fisher Tassjara. No shocks, nothing fancy, just a basic entry-level mountian bike. I hook my canine cruiser (it s a bar that attaches to my rear hub and has a short leash) to the bike and leash up Sactodoggie and I let him pull me around for a few miles. He loves it. We also bought a new bike trailer so we can run errands and ride around town with Sactotoddler. It s a lot of fun. But as you allude, it takes a while for your butt to adjust to the trauma of bicycling. Even with my my extra wide and cushy " tailbones"  seat. [&:][8D]

g-whiz

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Nick

Quote" Believe It or Leave It."  

Ok, this on time at band camp, no seriously though it was at camp El Chorro to be exact.  I had my brother tow my trailer to the campground as most of you know.  Michele and I had deiced to stay an extra day to enjoy the rain.  Dave and the rest of my family left Sunday morning.  Michele and I went into SLO to walk around downtown and on the way back a thought occurred to me.  I had noticed my tongue lock was locked on the trailer but I did not recall seeing my keys all weekend.  So I called my brother Dave to ask where my keys were and he replied that they were in his car.  So I had to find a hardware store, purchase a bolt cutter in order to remove the lock.  Now Dave owes me a new lock.

Believe it or Leave It!

First I have to say that this brings back so many memories for me riding along in the car with my kids.  Beth didn t bring this game into light until she was a Freshman in high school after a trip to Colorado with the church youth group.  She rode shotgun the entire way keeping the drivers awake with the games she would make up.  Wait until we introduce 21 Jump Street!  I m cracking up thinking of it. [:D][:D][:D]

Anyway...  Mike, I m going to LEAVE IT since Scott and I stopped to check with Dave on our way out if he was leaving you stranded since he still had the ball hitch on his car.  He said you were all set.  I m thinking that would have jogged his memory about a set of keys.  [:)][;)]  Of course, it could be one of those " male things" .  [;)]

oldmoose

CottonwooderMALE THINGS.HUH!

BTW, I installed a new Thin Light this weekend and fortunately it was 12 volts. I blew a fuse cutting the pluged in wire. DUH!!

otter

CottonwooderRAY:  Sorry we missed you.  We were committed in Menlo Park this weekend with Easter and all.  
 Darn.  
 You can " pop-up"  in our drive way anytime.  It is a great spot for it, although Lon worries about the salt. spray.  I told him if 6Quigs could do a week on The beach at Sea Cliff it couldn t be much of a problem.  
 So skip that Ritzy Cos.... place and come to West Cliff next time.  
 That invitations is to all NNCer s.

G-Whiz is back and LEAVING Mike s story.  I am awful at these things, but I tend to go along with her. Lon calls my agreeing the kiss of death.   It is too recent a happening to be a " story"  yet.  Might have happened, but not at El Charro.  

Hugs to all on rainy Monday morning.  

gsm x2

g-whiz
QuoteOk, this on time at band camp, no seriously though it was at camp El Chorro to be exact. I had my brother tow my trailer to the campground as most of you know. Michele and I had deiced to stay an extra day to enjoy the rain. Dave and the rest of my family left Sunday morning. Michele and I went into SLO to walk around downtown and on the way back a thought occurred to me. I had noticed my tongue lock was locked on the trailer but I did not recall seeing my keys all weekend. So I called my brother Dave to ask where my keys were and he replied that they were in his car. So I had to find a hardware store, purchase a bolt cutter in order to remove the lock. Now Dave owes me a new lock.

Believe it or Leave It!

Hmmm, I am going to LEAVE IT.  Partially for the reason Georgeanne gave.  In fact, we took an extra lap around the campground just because " I had this nagging thought."   So I think that might have sparked Dave to remember.  Then also, any tongue lock worth its weight will be protected from simple bolt cutters.  Hope I am right.

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

gsm x2Hello, Otterrrrrrrrr......  Did you get your new mat yet?  Discovered the local RV place right here in town has 9 x9  mats for $45, so we got one today.  It looks like the same size and color as what Duanefamily had during our soggy potluck that Saturday.

griffsmom

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2
 Scoring for " Believe It or Leave It"  is two points for every person that gets the answer right.  For every person who guesses wrong, the story teller gets one point.

So the score after one round is:

Scott 3 points---other people NONE.

gsm x2

Nope, the score after one round is:

Scott 3 points
 Lori 2 points
 Other people none

Cadbury eggs really do come from rabbits.  I saw the commercials that said so, and that makes 2 points for me.

As for Nick s story, I m going with the Gs and Otter s kiss of death.  Leave it![:D]

otter

Cottonwooder
QuoteHello, Otterrrrrrrrr...... Did you get your new mat yet?

Not yet.  9x9 sounds big to lug around.  I guess they fold up pretty well tho.  Duanefamily s was sure a life saver in the rain!
 We orderd the smaller one.  
 Will let you know when it comes.  
 Good luck tomorrow with your root canal. [: (][: (]
  Mine went so well, I know you will be fine.  
 Let me know![:(][:(]

otter

CottonwooderHey!  I just got home from daughters...babysitting...  and the car in front of me paid my toll on the bridge.  [:D]
 Believe it or Leave it!

gsm x2

griffsmom
QuoteTake it. That s where the Cadbury eggs come from. Yeesh, everybody knows that.

And as for you Scott, I leave that one

QuoteNope, the score after one round is:

Scott 3 points
 Lori 2 points
 Other people none

Cadbury eggs really do come from rabbits. I saw the commercials that said so, and that makes 2 points for me.

Hmmm, what???  I think the ex-lawyer is pulling a fast case of double-speak on us all.  No points for Lori...and the judge admonishes her that she ll be penalized a point if she tries to cheat again.

gsm x2

gsm x2

otter
QuoteHey! I just got home from daughters...babysitting... and the car in front of me paid my toll on the bridge.  
 Believe it or Leave it!

Leave it--Otter

This is based on an experience we had going up to Olema.  We were following a pop-up across a toll bridge and I thought, " What a perfect opportunity for someone to build their karma by paying the toll of the vehicle behind him?"

But no...we had to pay.  Which begs the question, " did the person pay and the toll collector just pocketed the money, then collected from me?"   Could be.  What do you say SammySlave???

gsm x2

griffsmom

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Hmmm, what???  I think the ex-lawyer is pulling a fast case of double-speak on us all.  No points for Lori...and the judge admonishes her that she ll be penalized a point if she tries to cheat again.

gsm x2

:::hmmm...this group is smarter than the lawyers I m used to dealing with....I ll have to try something else...dang!:::