SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-whiz

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

QuoteActually, that s an urban legend. The most intelligent child is the baby of the family.

quote:

Have you ever wondered why the first born male is always chosen as KING?

That s easy; because they don t want to waste the intellect of the baby, and the big brother is the most easily expendable.  

So says the BABY of the family, with a Big Brother and an Older Sister.  

Right on Lori [:)]. (Says another baby of the family)

So, what do you think is most unflattering... being the " older"  sister or the " big"  sister?  Just wondering.....  [8D]

g-whiz

gsm x2
QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Quotequote:

ORIGINAL: OC Campers

And as far as bad habits go, how do you cure a 2 year old from trying to imitate an arm-pit fart??

An arm pit fart???  How do you do that?  I ll have to have Matt teach me how.  Nothing ingrains an idea like teaching someone how to do it.  It will help Matt s self-esteem SO MUCH to be able to teach an adult how to armpit fart.  Then I can teach it to Griffin.

Oh, I would have made such a great father.  [:)]

gsm x2

If any of you dare.....  Need I say more???? [;)]

Forgot to put my winky face!!! [8D]

otter

g-whiz
QuoteSo, what do you think is most unflattering... being the " older"  sister or the " big"  sister? Just wondering.....  

I can only give you a second hand opinion as I am the baby with one of those older brothers who thought (and thinks) he is somehow empowered by birth status to be one of the last remaining dinosaurs.... BUT, our daughter is the first born , followed by 2 sons.
 She prefers to be addressed: Gretchen the Great or Angel-sister or Oh Wise One>>>>>  First borns do have their crosses to bare.  
 When I taught  I would divide the class into thier birth positions (oldest, youngest, a middle child)  and then present  problems  for them to opine upon.  It was truly hysterical.  Just watching them interact was a treat.  Birth position does have some meaning, especially at a young age.  I think it dissapates some over the years for most of us.

OC Campers

gsm x2

Quotequote:

And as far as bad habits go, how do you cure a 2 year old from trying to imitate an arm-pit fart??

An arm pit fart???  How do you do that?  I ll have to have Matt teach me how.  Nothing ingrains an idea like teaching someone how to do it.  It will help Matt s self-esteem SO MUCH to be able to teach an adult how to armpit fart.  Then I can teach it to Griffin.

gsm x2

Oh Scott, is this a challenge??[:)]  I don t know if Matt would be able to teach you but I am sure that Christopher could.  If he can teach a 2 year old, he can teach Uncle Scott the technique.  You are never too young/old to learn!!  Hey, if you teach Griffy, then I am out of the hot-seat right?  Lori, can t get mad at me.[:D]

Jacqui

SactoCampers

OC Campers
QuoteORIGINAL:  OC Campers

Quotequote:

gsm x2

Oh Scott, is this a challenge??[:)]  I don t know if Matt would be able to teach you but I am sure that Christopher could.  If he can teach a 2 year old, he can teach Uncle Scott the technique.  You are never too young/old to learn!!  Hey, if you teach Griffy, then I am out of the hot-seat right?  Lori, can t get mad at me.[:D]

Jacqui

Armpit farts are cool. I did them all the time when I was a kid. But the world of fake farting noises extends so much beyond mere armpit fart noises. So I ll have to teach Matt all the tricks of the trade at the Gold Rush Rally. See, he needs to add a few to his repertoire. There s the mash both hands into your face and blow really hard fart, there s the slobber all over your forearm and blow hard fart, then there s the real crowd pleaser.....the slobber all over your upper arm and blow really hard fart. That one will really get under mom s skin. Since those require a lot of backpressure, Matt may not have enough lung strength to really belt those ones out, but give him time. Of course, one of the more benign faux fart noises is the " put your hand on the back of your knee and bend your leg"  fart. That one is a little more advanced and requires skill but doesn t yield the decibel levels of the first three.  It is, however, quite a sight to observe. I just don t think girls understand this kind of thing though. [;)][8D]

Ab Diver

SactoCampers
QuoteIt is, however, quite a sight to observe. I just don t think girls understand this kind of thing though.

And then, once he has the faux fart down pat, the rest of us *adult* males can tutor him in the finer points of burping: The chirp, the growl, the oohgah horn, the belly burp, and (from Revenge of the Nerds) " The Booger" . These are all " vocal"  burps, as opposed to that silent but deadly Ninja Burp- the " burp and blow"  technique, where you quietly burp and exhale it towards an unwary person seated nearby.

For the record-- this is something that is usually handed down from brother to brother through the generations. For millennia, Big Brothers have faithfully handed down these secret male rituals to their younger siblings. Occasionally, a cherished Uncle or other family relative will invigorate the training with their own techniques, but mainly it s handed down straight through the family line.

And you ladies thought Big Brothers weren t good for anything. [;)]

Ab Diver-- oldest of 4 kids.

Red neff Barchetta

otterMy favorite can only be done between family members on their stomach s.  Except we call them raspberries to lamely attempt to stay away from the " fart"  word, lol.  Nothing better than a childs all out laughter when you get a really good one off.

On that note Brian,
 HAVE FUN CAMPING!!!!!!!!  The weather should be perfect this w/e.  Wish I had time to run out tomorrow and give you a few of our kites to fly.
 Btw, I want a report on how your bilge pump worked next week.

SactoCampers

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteOn that note Brian,
 HAVE FUN CAMPING!!!!!!!! The weather should be perfect this w/e. Wish I had time to run out tomorrow and give you a few of our kites to fly.
 Btw, I want a report on how your bilge pump worked next week.

Thanks. Where are you guys headed this weekend?

We re leaving Saturday AM. You think I m going to fight Memorial Day Friday P.M. traffic through Napa and Sonoma Valleys? I don t THINK so! [;)]

I can give you a bilge pump report now. It works great, it pumps a large amount of water volume with each pump, it s clean (water doesn t get all over the place), and it s effortless (pump requires almost no effort) not much else to say. What specifically do you want to know? [:)] You can also ask CWB. He borrowed it at the Bodega Dunes rally.

I m hoping the Wright s Beach staff will let me dump my grey water in the bathrooms like they did last time, but you never know. Otherwise I ll have to take it down to Bodega Dunes.

Cottonwooder

Ab Diver
QuoteAnd you ladies thought Big Brothers weren t good for anything.

Oh no, I can see you and TOS getting together, hailing Big Brotherhood over a campfire!

I think all these burping  n  farting skills should be recognized by a contest and award to the winner at Gold Rush Rally.  It would be a lot of fun for contestors and spectators alike! [:D]

otter

Cottonwooder
QuoteI think all these burping  n  farting skills should be recognized by a contest and award to the winner at Gold Rush Rally. It would be a lot of fun for contestors and spectators alike!  

Right On, Cottonwooder!  and  hands on  (so to speak) training for all the little ones, especially those without a big brother.  
 These contests only showed up at our house during boy sleep overs; (one reason such activities became banned at the age of 10).  Many other silliness showed up when it was girls sleep over night, but not farting/rasberry contests.  And too think rasberries USED TO BE my favorite fruit!

6Quigs

otterHi all,
 sorry I was away all week, and am only now getting a chance to catch up on all the posts.
 I started a new job on monday, and had to fly down to Palm Springs for some training & a conference.
 Apart from the 107 degree weather, I had a great time.
 If I didn t have 40 stiches in my back I could have even played some golf, or gone swimming in the pool, so I had to be content on sipping Mai Tai s in the bar.

I am really excited about this job.
 It looks like it is just what I ve always wanted,
 so thanks to everyone for the prayers

Surfcal

6QuigsKevin:

I knew prayers worked wonders and I mediatated for you to have a lot (alot) of drinks and your wish came true!

Now it s Mai Tai, I mean my turn.

Surfcal

gsm x2

6Quigs
QuoteIf I didn t have 40 stiches in my back I could have even played some golf, or gone swimming in the pool, so I had to be content on sipping Mai Tai s in the bar.

Did I miss a story???  Or did someone just lead us into asking him to tell a story, ala American Beauty, " I woke up feeling especially depressed with my life not knowing that within 40 days I would be dead."   (Or something like that)

gsm x2

6Quigs

gsm x2

QuoteIf I didn t have 40 stiches in my back I could have even played some golf, or gone swimming in the pool, so I had to be content on sipping Mai Tai s in the bar.

Did I miss a story???  Or did someone just lead us into asking him to tell a story, ala American Beauty, " I woke up feeling especially depressed with my life not knowing that within 40 days I would be dead."   (Or something like that)

gsm x2

Yea,
 you missed the story Scott[;)]
 If you don t find it in the next 27 days,
 then come see me personally, and I ll recount all the gory details,
 and if I ve had enough to drink,
 just might show you the scar

Surfcal

6QuigsKevin:

I missed it too since I have not been checking the boards.  However, if you are doing a one-on-one with Scott, send me a CC.  Otherwise, we ll just have to drink on-site and you can tell me in person.

Surfcal