News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Red neff BarchettaHey Dave,
 Glad you got to upgrade.  I love cable!  Did you go with AT&T?  Here in S Vale I usually connect at 1.5 or higher.

Can t wait for Olema!!!!!

g-whiz

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

This has been a shamefully slow week here at NNC.  How do we penalize the whole group?

Penalize the WHOLE group???  Excuuuuuuuse me!  I think me and the other G-Whiz should be the ones penalized with a bottle of red and a bottle of white!  [;)]

Ab Diver

Red neff BarchettaMike, we went with our only option (locally) which is Adelphia Powerlink. Dunno what the speed is, SWMBO was home when the cable guys ran the wiring and their tech-man hooked everything up. I was out schleping boxes in a brown truck while all this was happening. Haven t really had a chance to get the specs yet, so " 1.5 or higher" ??? (all I know is it beats the heck out of dial-up)

T-minus 13.4 and counting...

gsm x2

Red neff BarchettaOh boy--Oh boy.  I am jealous of the man that schlepps around in the big brown truck.  We are looking around for ways to upgrade to DSL or Cable.  DSL is preferred because we could keep Earthlink.  SBC says that there is now DSL in our area.  Earthlink isn t too sure.  Will keep trying.

BTW---If I ordered an Uninterupted Power Supply on-line, would United Parcel Service deliver my UPS on an UPS truck?

It seems like forever since we went camping or drove north of San Jose.  Come on Olema....we are ready.

gsm x2

OC Campers

g-whizHey Ray--

Carlsbad is about an hour from us, maybe not that far.  I don t know how long you are there but we will have the bbq and the brewskies flowing on Saturday if you need  a break.

In fact we are headed there next Friday to go camping at South Carlsbad SP.  We have never been there before.  Heard it is real nice.

Jacqui

otter

Red neff BarchettaThere will be no penalties assessed here!!!  G-Whiz has been struggling to uphold the porlific boarding reputation so well earned by this group.  
 Awards is what are needed!!!

G-Whiz is hereby awarded the  BOARDING UNDER THE DIREST OF CIRCUMSTaNCES  crown for the first week of February 2003.[color]
 Such a clever tecnique!!!    Talking to herself.  But then her company is the best;
  I chose it too.  

So we will have no competiion and no penalties here.

G-Whiz rules!!!!!   If the drool fits wear it.  ( Is that mixing metaphors?)  oh well, spell check first then grammar.  
 hugs,& peace  

otter

Red neff BarchettaOk  guys we have to pull together here and get Surf Cal back on the boards.  
 Maybe we could all clap at the same time..  (think Tinkerbelle)  (NO!! not tinklebelle)
 or pop beer caps simultaneously
 or get those squeaky cranks going

Then again..room service at the 4 seasons, maybe I need to reconsider this idea.  
 Any thoughts?

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteSo we will have no competition and no penalties here.

Figures that A GIRL would say that.

On the other hand, in looking back on the previous six rallies, they have all been remarkably non-competitive.  Except for a few laughter-riddled Zoom and Kazoom games (laughter indicating only a few are really taking it seriously) and a rousing game of darts between Neff s son and me (in which I might add--I beat him rather handedly [:D]) there s been a remarkably non-competitive cooperation in the group.  Maybe that s what makes it such a remarkable group.

OK--Otter wins. I support her proposal that there be no competition and no penalties here.

On her other proposal to revive the now-silent Ray.  Let me think, would Ray support the action of all Nick-Neff-Cough members simultaneously clapping and cheering, " I believe in Fairies. I believe in Fairies.  I believe in Fairies."

Hmm, he just might.

Guess I ll hold off my decision until I hear other people s opinions.

Happy weekend.

gsm x2

g-whiz

otter
 Awwww, g-whiz, I never won nuttin  in all my life.  Do I get a REAL crown????  Hmmm, maybe that s not a good thing.  I can remember my dad saying something like " You better get going NOW or I m going to crown you!"   Somehow I always thot that was a bad thing.  

And thank goodness there will be NO competition here as I might have to take the vow of silence for sure as I am probably the most uncompetitive person I know.  I will compete with the other G-Whiz, tho, just because she needs to be put in her place at times!  Now as for penalties... I can take those as long as they are along the lines of red and white wines.  Like say, two glasses of red for saying things like " Women Rule"  and a glass of white for talking to myself.  

Thanks Otter for sticking with me here.  I sure will miss seeing you at Olema! [:(]

g-whiz

gsm x2
Quotegsm x2

On her other proposal to revive the now-silent Ray.  Let me think, would Ray support the action of all Nick-Neff-Cough members simultaneously clapping and cheering, " I believe in Fairies. I believe in Fairies.  I believe in Fairies."

Hmm, he just might.

Guess I ll hold off my decision until I hear other people s opinions.

Happy weekend.

gsm x2

Otter brought to mind Tinkerbelle for the " I believe in Fairies"  chant, however, I would like to propose that we picture the Tooth Fairy as depicted in The Santa Clause 2 if we decide to go along those lines.  Maybe Revelry on the Kazoos in the key of G at dawn would be more apropos?

Hybrid Holly

Red neff BarchettaRay s in Carlsbad, Dianne is headed to Hawaii, and I have to go to St. Louis.  What am I doing wrong?  Snowing there yesterday....

g-whiz

Hybrid Holly

QuoteORIGINAL:  Hybrid Holly

Ray s in Carlsbad, Dianne is headed to Hawaii, and I have to go to St. Louis.  What am I doing wrong?  Snowing there yesterday....

" Your going the wrong way, your going the wrong way!"   That s a quote from Planes, Trains and Automobiles that cracks me up EVERY time I see it.  Sorry Holly.  Just remember in two weeks things will look a little brighter and feel a little warmer.

Red neff BarchettaI am going to wrong way...Dianne, you got room for me?  

Red neff Barchetta
 Aloha
 from one  guest  to another, Holly...There is always room for one more. If you are going my suitcase you need to know that I do take only carry-on, so pack lightly.

Went snorkling yesterday afternoon and intend to do more today.  The temp actually dipped into the 60 s last night.  It is like sleeping in the pop up with the  windows  unzipped.  Oh!  I love it here.  
 Scott, glad you see the wisdom in non-competativeness on the boards.  Me thinks you would be taking to yourself if that were to happen.  G-Whiz and I would sure be somewhere else.  AND, remind me the next time we see each other for a short but memorable conversation re: the use of the word " girl" .
 hugs, peace and aloha..I m off to find where the peace rally will be in Kona on Sunday.

Cottonwooder

Red neff BarchettaFrom: Club History and Other Tomfoolery
 " A controversy begins to brew, should it only allow popuppers? Sammyslave chimes in:  I really don t give a rat s behind what the people that I m sharing time with are driving or pulling as long as we are having fun. "

Amen Sammyslave!  If any of us get a TT, that person wouldn t be ostracized/kicked out of NNC, would they?  I ve just " met"  someone online who was booted from their pop-up club for exactly that reason.  I m stunned that the wheeled contraption being towed is of more import consideration than being an all-round decent person who loves to camp with the group. [&:]