News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteAmen Sammyslave! If any of us get a TT, that person wouldn t be ostracized/kicked out of NNC, would they? I ve just " met"  someone online who was booted from their pop-up club for exactly that reason. I m stunned that the wheeled contraption being towed is of more import consideration than being an all-round decent person who loves to camp with the group.  

Patricia---The " NE"  in NCC-NEPH-COFF stands for " Non-Exclusive"  which means that we allow TT people to be members.  Judging by the number of people who raise their hands and form an " X"  with their pointer fingers every time a MH drives by, I am not sure the invitation extends THAT FAR.  Maybe G and I will go make a down payment on a $300,000 MH just to find out----NOT.

gsm x2

otter

gsm x2whesssshoe.... makes me feel better that the NE is emphasized here.  I thought i might be bounced for my spelling and typo (s)
 ...but do be cautious Scott, from the pictures of Snug Harbor your fantasy $300,000 set of wheels, might find it difficult seting up.  Besides Lon and I admire thoe who strive for minimalism.
 hugs all

Ab Diver

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Patricia---The " NE"  in NCC-NEPH-COFF stands for " Non-Exclusive"  which means that we allow TT people to be members.  Judging by the number of people who raise their hands and form an " X"  with their pointer fingers every time a MH drives by, I am not sure the invitation extends THAT FAR.  Maybe G and I will go make a down payment on a $300,000 MH just to find out----NOT.

gsm x2

Scott, you mean if I show up in a 35 mph, Partridge Family Painted, mid-sixties VW microbus, complete with incense sticks to keep bugs at bay, Grateful Dead music to keep everybody else at bay, and wearing tie-die, you d be less than enthused? Man, that s cold, Bro . [;)]

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Dave,
 You re in luck - " The Dead"  as they now will call themselves, start there " new"  band tomorrow with a free concert in S. F..  I wonder how they will be recieved by their fanatics without Jerry Garcia?

6Quigs

gsm x2
QuoteJudging by the number of people who raise their hands and form an " X"  with their pointer fingers every time a MH drives by, I am not sure the invitation extends THAT FAR.

So when we win the lottery and buy that motor home, we ll hang on to the popup, and tow it behing the Class A, just so that we can hang out with you guys[8D]

Chez Way

gsm x2Help!  Anyone here know about trailer brakes?  We had to turn around and come home tonight because they were grabbing so hard.  We tried re-calibrating the brake controller and that didn t work.  We also switched tow vehicles.  No one was in fireside chat so I thought I d check here.

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Jeanne,
 Check back here to see if Nick or SactoCamper reply to your question once they see it.  They both know a bit about brakes and such (at least I think so).  Unfortunately I know nothing when it comes to mechanical stuff on PU s.  Good luck and I m sorry your trip was cancelled although turning around was wise.

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Alert, alert!
 I am turning myself in before discovery is made and I am banished to canned beer.
 I am fully prepared to drink a keg s worth of Nick s brew.
 However, I have finally logged on over " there" .  Yes it s true.  I have to admit, it is nice to be seeing PU related questions, replies, and thoughts again.  To tell you the truth, it feels terrific!
 I love this group and this area of PUT s and it will remain my first stop when getting on the computer.  Just thought I would mention it, that s all.  Hopefully no big deal with anyone here.
 6 days and counting!

Cottonwooder

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteHowever, I have finally logged on over " there" .

Where is " there" ?  I have so many online places where I regularly hang out (moms, scrapbooking, RVing/camping), my " first stop"  is my interest of that particular day, LOL!

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Cottonwooder,
 Here you go;

http://irv2.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=cfrm&s=089094322&f=9493017586

Good old ridiculous technical PU talk.
 So far so good, but if I happen to come across any PUT bashing, I will be ignoring it.  As I for one happen to like this place.
 The funny thing is, I would have never found that place if everyone on PUT hadn t chatted it up so much!

Cottonwooder

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteSo far so good, but if I happen to come across any PUT bashing, I will be ignoring it.

Ah, IRV2.  Yup, hadn t even heard of it till postings were made here.  I joined back in November (same name).  You ll find me bouncing around between the women s, PU, and TT sections.  I doubt you d see any bashing there.  It s just another cyber-campground.  Enjoy both places!  [:)]

gsm x2

gsm x2Did anyone else see the " # of Posts"  thread in the Campfire area?

Someone did a sort of the members list by #of posts.  I was surprised that I was the #8 most frequent poster at PUT.  What really surprised me is that I was the #1 poster of the Nick-Neff-Cough-ers....at least by strictly the number of posts.  I have a feeling that if measured by number of words, Sacto and Surf would be way ahead of me.

What was most encouraging and interesting is that of the top 20 posters, NNC has six of them.

#8 gsm x2, #9 Red neff Barchetta, #11 Nick, #12 Surfcal, #16 SactoCampers, #18 Ab Diver

I know that isn t a contest, but in reality 6 of the top 18 are from our team.  Pretty kewl....means we are getting our $30.00 worth for sure.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2We sure like to gab don t we?
 It s what makes this group so much fun!

gsm x2

gsm x2We do. We do. We do.

gsm x2

Surfcal

gsm x2
QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Did anyone else see the " # of Posts"  thread in the Campfire area?

Someone did a sort of the members list by #of posts.  I was surprised that I was the #8 most frequent poster at PUT.  gsm x2

Scott:

It was the era of the limericks that put you over the top.  And just exactly what do you mean by number of words?  I am not as wordy as Sactocampers.  But, I give you this thought.  What if I didn t work or go out of town so much, can you imagine?

We still have to figure out how to be the first club to do a live webcam.

Surfcal

P.S.  I am glad so many NNCers are very active.  It s really the only reason why I come here.

Scott P.S.  Hey, how did you like PayPal?  I see the transaction completed.