News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

Cottonwooder
QuoteOur youngest still wants to show off his room to you and Pete, lol.

Justin,
 We were disappointed that we did not have time to see your room.  We are already looking at the calendar to see when we can come back that way!  

Austin,
 Good luck on Saturday.  

Amy and Jeff,
 We did have a good time at the Harvest Fair...despite the lack of pottery and a decent poor of wine!....oh yeah and the 7-11 did not sell me a winning lottery ticket!  It was worth 10 times the price of admission LOL!

Ca-girl

Hybrid Holly
QuoteAustin,
 Good luck on Saturday.

Well Jeff???  How did he do??  Inquiry minds want to know!

Hybrid Holly

pcmom
QuoteWell Jeff??? How did he do?? Inquiry minds want to know!

Tania, he goes for his black belt this Saturday. That is why they can not make it up to Collins Lake....

I think driving up to Collins Lake for the potluck dinner would be a good way to celebrate!

Ca-girl

pcmom
QuoteTania, he goes for his black belt this Saturday. That is why they can not make it up to Collins Lake....

I think driving up to Collins Lake for the potluck dinner would be a good way to celebrate!

That s right....I guess I m a week ahead of myself!  I agree Holly, an NNC potluck is the PERFECT forum for him to show off his belt AND his moves if you ask me.

pcmom

Ca-girlCamp Chef Stove and Camping Kitchen ????

So I know some of you got your kitchens at cabelas online but where did you get the stoves?  Since my husband is in the San Jose area this week, I thought I could send him " shopping"  for me[:D] [:D] [:D]  Any suggestions???

OC Campers

pcmomOk, I voted for NNC.  My vote put us at 48% and 26 votes.  I should of told them about SCC too.  

Jacqui

Nick

pcmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  pcmom

Camp Chef Stove and Camping Kitchen ????

So I know some of you got your kitchens at cabelas online but where did you get the stoves?  Since my husband is in the San Jose area this week, I thought I could send him " shopping"  for me[:D] [:D] [:D]  Any suggestions???

You can get both at Mel Cottons.  Corner of Race and San Carlos in SJ.

Cottonwooder

OC CampersHi all!  After being grounded all summer for one reason or another (went camping only 5 times this year up till August), the floodgates have opened and we are camping fools now. [:D]

This new trailer, being bigger and with plenty of space to store everything, is so much easier and nicer to use.  Also, we joined Thousand Trails, which is more RV resorts than " camping" , so we re having a blast.  Have been to two TTrails resorts so far, and are planning a 5-night/3-resort trip later this month when school is out for the week.  (Heading up north to NNC territory.)  We ve enjoyed pools, mini golf, recreation rooms, kid crafts, candy bar bingo, entertainment, etc.  To give you an idea of the size of the pool at the resort where we spent this past weekend, its capacity is 665!!!  There s no charge at all for staying there or for any of these amenities beyond the annual dues and astronomical sign-up fee, and certainly no extra charges for dogs and kids, which we really hated everywhere else.  Mike loves seeing " Amount Due: $0"  on  reservation confirmations!  Check-out time was non-existent at one place and 4pm at the other we ve been to, and it s soooo nice not to have to rush out by noon on departure day.

Well, I m babbling, but we re having such a blast.  Off to vote in Circus California now.  See ya! [:)]

Ab Diver

pcmomWent and did the vote thing this morning. Took abbear s advice about voting early and often--- was able to vote twenty or thirty times today, cuz we still use that antiquated punch-card system in my county. [:o]  

(Get real! How dumb do they think we are? You have to be a moron not to know how to vote using a punch card. Sheesh... It s not like we live in Floriduh or anything. [;)])

Anybody know what the Las Vegas odds were on today s race? We ll see who gets Win, Place, and Show honors in a few hours.

QuoteCamp Chef Stove and Camping Kitchen ????

Got my Camp Chef stove at *G.I. Joe s*, but *Big-5* sporting goods stores also carry them.

Red neff Barchetta

pcmomYeah Ab Diver, Charter Member, Member since : 12/29/2002, From: Medocino (sic) County, CA

How dumb do they think you are?

Hee, hee

Ab Diver

Red neff BarchettaIt s about time!!! Somebody FINALLY caught it! Congrats to Red neff Barchetta!

Ab Diver-- who once moved the metal letters around spelled it P-O-N-I-T-A-C on the trunk of a LeMans.... just to see if anybody would notice.

Red neff Barchetta

pcmomDave -
 Yeah, I ve gotten a kick out of that for a while now.  Also Madlyn s spelling of the city where Arnold s new mansion is located.  Although having the screen name " Clueless in Sacremento"  with the location spelled wrong is pretty clever, and funny.
 I bet the governor s mansion will be a step down for Mr. & Mrs. Shriver btw.

Pretty funny about PONTIAC.  My friend had a Firebird that he had a custom decal made up to read; Fire Chicken.

Kelly

Red neff Barchetta[font=" comic sans ms" ]If you ask real nice I may be able to scare up a few " My Governor Can Beat Up Your Governor"   T-shirts.[;)][/font]

Calstate361

pcmomCottonwooder,

Great to hear you joined Thousand Trails.  Did you just join Thousand Trails or NACO/Thousand Trails.   We are members of NACO/Thousand Trails.  Some of our favorite places to go, besides Yosemite Lakes, are Lake of the Springs and Snowflower here in No. CA.  If you are only a Thousand Trails member than you can t go to Lake of the Springs.  Lake Minden is only about a half hour from our house, but it is NOT one of the nicer resorts, pretty boring.  We think it is used mostly for people going from one resort to the next and  use it as a stop-over.  So let us know when you plan to come this way and maybe we can meet you there.   Belonging to NACO/TT is why we don t go to all of the PU rallies because what you pay for a few nights with them pays for half of our yearly dues.  I wish you would have let us know you were planning to join becuase you could have " name dropped"  and we would have received a discount on our yearly dues, oh well.   The Quigs were also looking in to joining, but now with the new TV and half-trailer, they may be waiting.   We haven t been to any of the resorts in So. CA yet, but someday.  We were very lucky when we got our membership because my Dad had the membership for Thousand Trails since the early 80 s so when they got too old to use it anymore, we transferred it to my name.  So we got it just for the transfer fee, and, since he was over the required " age"  (I can t remember if it is 55 or 65 when they lock in your yearly dues) his yearly dues were locked in and they could only raise ours a certain percentage when it was transferred.  Needless to say, we got it pretty cheap.   Then, last year we upgraded to the full system and now belong to NACO/TT, RPI, etc.  With this deal we can have a family member and a parent be full members for only $15 each, per year.  So my son can use the resorts and my Dad can rent one of the trailers or use the Hostel, etc. since they no longer have a trailer.   We thought that was a pretty good deal.   Anyway, enough babbling.  Glad you are a member and I m sure you will enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours.

Joan

Cottonwooder

Calstate361Hi Joan,
 We joined the whole shebang, so we have RPI and Reserve America memberships too.  May drop that part if we find ourselves not using them.

Lake Minden is exactly where we re going during the week of October 20th!  Yosemite is still full, so we decided on Lake Minden.  We re looking forward to seeing the farm/barn there.  The brochure says kids can help feed the animals, which Rebec would love.  Being too far to drive in one shot (for the kids), we re stopping at San Benito on our way up, then Morgan Hill on our way back.  I hear that Snowflower has skiing in winter.  Only cross-country, or actual downhill also?  Unfortunately, those north of Lake Minden are beyond our reach.  What s the southernmost preserve you ve been to?

You re not kidding about day-to-day costs equalling annual dues.  Our 3-day Gold Rush Rally cost the same as 3 months  worth of TTing!  We added up all our camping trips going back to January  02.  $25 here  n  there added up to over $1,000, so suddenly TT doesn t seem expensive!

Yes, you re very lucky to have gotten in with only the transfer fee.  We probably couldn t have used a name as referral since we were there solely via a mailed invitation for a free weekend that included the sales pitch.   You re not going to believe this, but in December we were GIVEN a free membership, with no transfer fee to pay, only annual dues.  We turned it down because we didn t think we would use it enough.  If we still had Cottonwood, we d turn it down again.  That s how uncomfortable and frustrating that small thing was for us.  (With the table up, you had about 2x5 feet of empty floor space.)  It s a whole new ballgame now with a trailer that has space, and we re so eager to go, go, go!  [:D]