RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

Cottonwooder
QuoteDoh!

" I have a headache. It might be a tumor. It s not a tumor."  

LOL - we use that line all the time!

Rides in the bird are a buck until the gov repeals the car tax, then rides are free!

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderBrian -
 I couldn t remember which cg you are staying at next w/e, but I drove past Wright s Beach cg and Bodega Dunes cg (also Doran Beach cg where I don t think you are staying) today.  If next w/e has the same weather as today, you are in for a real treat.  Incredible is the best word that comes to mind.
 Btw, you should check out Casini Ranch while you re there.  Wright s Beach cg is 6 miles from Casini Ranch and Bodega Dunes is 12 miles from Casini Ranch.
 Both Wright s Beach and Bodega Dunes were full for this w/e as of 1:30 this afternoon.  Doran Beach still had some sites open.  This info. was taken from the entrance signs on Hwy. 1 as I drove past.

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderBrian &/or Mike -
 Would you please update the NNC site (at your convenience) to have the November rally read " FALLING TURKEYS RALLY" .  Making turkey plural into turkeys since there is more than one coughing turkey attending.
 Also, here is the updated attending & site list as of now;
 Attending turkeys;
 Site 83 - Clueless in Sacremento
 Site 84 - Otter
 Site 103A - RTurner
 Site 103B - Ab Diver
 Site 104 - PC Mom
 Site 105 - AB Bear
 Site 115 - Red neff Barchetta

Thanks!!!!!!

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderWow what a day!
 Our oldest DS is now a 1st. degree Black belt!
 Amy and I are wiped out, lol.
 The stuff he had to do was amazing.  For example, he had to do the Yellow belt form backwards lying on his back with his shoulders touching the floor at all times in 20 seconds without prior notice!!  He then had to spar 2 - 2nd. degree Black belts at the same time and score a point on each before each of them scored 3 points on him.  Etc...
 I was crying like a baby at the awards ceremony, ha.
 What a terrific kid!
 Then everyone went to dinner where most of the parents had a drink or 2, lol.

Sorry if this is boring anyone, but I had to brag a little.
 Have a great rest of the w/e!

6Quigs

Red neff BarchettaTell the little guy congratulations from all of us.
 You must be very proud of him.

I ll now have to think twice about messing with your popup[;)]

Ab Diver

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteOur oldest DS is now a 1st. degree Black belt!

Congratulations to the young man! That s quite an accomplishment.  And don t worry about the tears, Dad-- none of us would dare make fun of you. (at least not while your kid is around to defend you [;)] )

Hey, will he be providing security at the November rally? Or maybe he d consider hiring out for protection now? Ya see, the big kid down the block has been pushing his weight around lately, and I m not sure I can take him, so...

Seriously, you ve every right to be proud, Jeff, and so does he. Give him a big congratulatory handshake and a pat on the back for all of us.

Red neff Barchetta

Ab DiverThanks Dave & Kevin (& families)!
 He woke up this morning and immediately put his new belt on, lol.

Red neff Barchetta

Ab DiverSo we went down to Petaluma to a corn maze and pumpkin patch today and had a great time.
 Anyway, while there we decided to drive through the Petaluma KOA (advertised as " North San Francisco" , lol!) right across the street.  There was an entrance gate to the " asphalt cg"  so I parked and went into the little store to let them know I just wanted to drive through and to get a gate code.  People often ask us about this KOA and we have only heard very negative things, but have never seen the place ourselves so thought since we were so close we d check it out before advising for or against it next time.  I grabbed 2 drinks from the fridge and went up to the counter.  The teenager behind the counter says " You can t drive through, but for $6.00 you can walk through" .  Well, I put the drinks back and just left shaking my head and laughing.  What a joke!  I can understand (I guess) if they want to keep the traffic down inside, but to try and charge us for walking through?!  What an eye-opener!  We are (or maybe " were" ) considering some KOA s for quick one night stops on our trip to Utah next summer.  I ll keep researching.

SCCS

Ab Diver
QuoteThe teenager behind the counter says " You can t drive through, but for $6.00 you can walk through" .

What ever happened to nice and friendly.Guess they don t need our group to camp their.

CONGRATS to your son on his acheivement.[:D] This will be one thing he will remember forever, and as for DAD [:(]crying[:(] NO PROBLEM. I get choked up over some movies. DON T TELL ANYONE SHHHHHHHHHHH

Red neff Barchetta

Ab DiverThanks Scott/SCCS.

Ab Diver

Ab DiverImagine the Petaluma KOA getting, oh, say, thirty or forty e-mails over the next couple weeks asking if they could host a large rally of campers, and would they mind if the sender dropped by to " just drive through and take a look around" .

Hehehehehe... it wouldn t even be much of a long distance call for me.

Ab Diver--- thumbing through the Yellow Pages. [;)]

Surfcal

Ab DiverAbDiver:

Are you advocating a NNC version of that internet game, where an email gets distrubuted to as many people as possible and the email tells you where, when and what and we all show up at the same place and do some wild stuff?

I m game.  Let me know where to call and what date.

Surfcal

Ca-girl

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteOur oldest DS is now a 1st. degree Black belt!
 Amy and I are wiped out, lol.

That s fantastic!  Please give him my congratulations along with everyone else s.  I ll look forward to seeing a demo from him at the next rally!

Ca-girl

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

AbDiver:

Are you advocating a NNC version of that internet game, where an email gets distrubuted to as many people as possible and the email tells you where, when and what and we all show up at the same place and do some wild stuff?

I m game.  Let me know where to call and what date.

Surfcal

I m in!

Cottonwooder

Ca-girlHave a question for you Northern folks.  As part of our upcoming 6-night adventure, we need to drive from San Benito in Paicines up to Lake Minden in Nicolaus.  Do you think the traffic on Sunday would be bad?  We re trying to decide if we should make that trip on Sunday or Monday.  Am open to all suggestions, as we don t know the area at all.  Thanks!