SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

ckkevin

Cottonwooder
QuoteLake Minden is exactly where we re going during the week of October 20th! Yosemite is still full, so we decided on Lake Minden. We re looking forward to seeing the farm/barn there. The brochure says kids can help feed the animals, which Rebec would love.

You might not want to get your hopes up too high for Lake Minden.  I was there last October (for a free weekend) and they had removed all the barn animals for the winter.  They were getting the barn ready for a Halloween party.  

I have also heard it isn t one of the better TT parks.  However, on the flip side we had a good time and that is what it is all about.[:)]

Calstate361

CottonwooderPatricia (Cottonwooder).  Since Lake Minden is only a half hour from our house, look us up in the Membership list and give us a call and maybe we can run out and visit after I get off work.  I m on my way out the door and won t be back on the boards until I get back to work on Tuesday so remind me to give you directions (or landmarks) and areas/sites, in the park, to pick when you get there.   The farthest south we have been was Turtle Beach which was by the Lakewook Resort Water Park/Slides.  I can t remember if it was Manteca or Merced (DUH).  Anyway that preserve was flodded out several years ago and NACO/TT is still fighting over it.  It s not sure if they will rebuild or just find another area.   Well, on our way to the rally tomorrow.  Talk to you next week.

Joan

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderPatricia -
 What I m really glad to hear is that you guys are getting out more.  Which is all that really matters.  You have a terrific new TT that is perfect for your family.  Although it s not perfect for your side yard, lol.
 I m sorry that the Cottonwood was such a downer for you.  Sounds like you bought your 1st. PU instead of your 2nd. PU.  We got lucky and bought the perfect PU for us.  The Utah truly does have a ton of floor space.  The same as a Bayside actually.  We also have so much storage space that we still have empty places.  Guess I better head over to Camping World after this, ha.
 Have fun with all of the camping you ve got planned!

Cottonwooder

ckkevin
QuoteYou might not want to get your hopes up too high for Lake Minden.
Hmm, now you have me wondering about this.  Never mind, we can always leave a day early if we don t like it, and head for an extra day at Morgan Hill. [:D]  I love the freedom of doing things like this.  We showed up at Soledad Canyon on Friday saying that we d like to stay an extra day, and it was taken care of right there at the entrance.  Love it!

Jeff, I noticed at the June rally that all the Colemans were models that were bigger or fancier than C wood.  Probably had we bought one of those instead, we d still happily have it now and joined Thousand Trails when it was given to us.  Mike didn t even realize how frustrated he was with C wood during those last few months.  I popped into your PU and Tracy s (Tracy&David), and they were very spacious in comparison.

Space aside, it s really nice to not have to pop up and down.  Pull in, plug in, and voila!  I take my hat off to the Gs for their trek across the country, popping up and down the entire way.  Reminds me of that up-down-up-down TrailBlazer ad at the top of these boards earlier this year.  [:D]

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderAmy s getting me this for my birthday;
 [link=http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10101&productId=194165&catalogId=10107&langId=-1]BAL tire chock[/link]
 I can then play " chock chucking"  with 2 of the silly plastic yellow one s that came with the PU.
 Funny how when we get older we pick out our own presents, lol.

The guy who s in the warehouse/shop next to mine tent camps (by car, not backpacking).  He had been asking me about our outside shower PahaQue teepee tent as he wants one for a solar shower tent.  Amy has always been the one to set it up since she set it up the first time we used it and by chance always has since.  Anyway, I was waiting for a delivery (wouldn t that be cool if Dave or Allen drove up!) before heading off to work and grabbed it from the PU.  What a piece of cake!  I had it up in less than 10 minutes and broke it down completely in about 5 minutes.  We got it with the PU so I never have scrutinized its worth since it was part of the PU package.  Amy leaves the garment shelf attached at all times (this is where you would put a solar bag of water) which is suspended from the ceiling which helps to have it ready to go once fully set-up.
 Modern camping sure is simplified isn t it?  I remember our huge canvas tent in the 70 s that took up the entire trunk and turned the car into a low rider!  Had 2 poles INSIDE the tent that we weren t allowed to touch or roll into.

Cottonwooder

Red neff BarchettaOh man, just checked the numbers for the first time in ages and saw that I d crossed into the 4-digit zone earlier today and didn t even know it.  No fanfare.  [:(]   I ll have to throw my own party around here. [:D]  
 [image]http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/rainbowdance.gif[/image]

Hybrid Holly

Cottonwooder
QuoteAmy s getting me this for my birthday;

Does Amy know this?

Nick

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Amy s getting me this for my birthday;
 [link=http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10101&productId=194165&catalogId=10107&langId=-1]BAL tire chock[/link]
 I can then play " chock chucking"  with 2 of the silly plastic yellow one s that came with the PU.
 Funny how when we get older we pick out our own presents, lol.

Jeff,
 Why don t you get the Bal leveler so you can take care of leveling and chocking with the same tool?  I love using mine, so much faster and easier than links.

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderHolly - LOL!  Yes, she ordered it.  She ll even write the check for the Visa bill next month.  That s how we do it when buying each other gifts.  It is kind of silly to buy a spouse a gift though isn t it?  At least in regards to the money, not the act.  Since it gets paid for with a joint bank account (usually).

Mike -
 I still don t mind the Lynx levelers and the Stop-N-Chock for the low side tire.  I only have 4 Lynx levelers and have never needed more than that.  Although, if and when I do get a BAL leveler at least I know I can store it on top of the water heater perfectly and cleanly.  Since the grease & bulkiness are the 2 complaints (& the only one s) people have about it.
 Btw, the BAL chock doesn t need any tools, wrenches, etc...  You just hand tighten it.  It is all one piece.  Nothing to get lost.  I ve already got the perfect spot for it in a corner of the front trunk.

Have a great day everyone!

Nick

Red neff BarchettaJeff,
 I don t think the grease is really a problem.  Mine came with a sh*$ load of grease on the screw but I wiped it all off.  I don t think there is that much friction that you need all that grease.  I give mine a light spray of litho once in a while but wipe off the extra.

Kelly

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Where do you live anyway?!  Probably someplace where they would elect somebody who appeared in " Predator"  as their Governor.  Oh wait, forget I said that.  Hee, hee.  How embarrassing that would be.

[font=" comic sans ms" ]Thought about letting this go, but where is the fun in that?

Embarassed yet? [;)][/font]

Hybrid Holly

Cottonwooder
QuoteHolly - LOL! Yes, she ordered it. She ll even write the check for the Visa bill next month. That s how we do it when buying each other gifts. It is kind of silly to buy a spouse a gift though isn t it? At least in regards to the money, not the act. Since it gets paid for with a joint bank account (usually).

joint bank account?  what s that?  
 Is the future black belt getting nervous?
 We still think you should come up on Saturday night to celebrate!

Red neff Barchetta

Kelly

QuoteORIGINAL:  Kelly

[font=" comic sans ms" ]Thought about letting this go, but where is the fun in that?

Embarassed yet? [;)][/font]

Doh!

" I have a headache.  It might be a tumor.  It s not a tumor."
 I think I m due for a vacation.  Maybe one of those mind implants where you can be a secret agent on Mars and unlock the oxygen and save the planet.

Well, today he said he s going to audit the state.  I just want to know how much this investigation is going to cost little old tax paying me?

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderMike -
 Good to hear you don t have to keep all that grease on there.  I might just get one in the future.  Although I seriously don t mind the Lynx at this point.

Have you been in any caves lately?
 You should read " Digger"  by Joseph Flynn.  It s a quick read about tunnels.  " Rambo meets the Great Escape."

Holly -
 Actually he s pretty calm about the whole thing.  Amy & I are the one s who are nervous, lol.  He can even count to 20 in Korean!  He only had to know how to count to 10, but he doubled it on his own.
 Wish we could come up on Saturday night, but there is a big ceremony and dinner with all of the Black belts in the area that evening.
 Btw, did I tell you he wants a ride in your car?