News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Quote from: KellyScott ~

That's what I thought, too. Beautifully acted, but what a depressing story ... and I don't often say this, but the movie was almost as good as the book ...
And beautifully written too.

All plain old folks just trying to do the best they can do....well except for the "above the law law enforcement officer."

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

Is anyone leaving the country this year?!  I think everyone is staying domestic and going camping.
We opened up a free-w/e last night so I made reservations (by phone as I was traveling to work) this morning for a SP up above Ab Diver's neck of the woods and got the last reservation for that w/e!  Thursday night was not a problem, but the Friday & Saturday nights almost had us looking at another cg.
If you haven't already reserved your summer trips I highly suggest having mid-week dates as alternatives before you call or get online.

Monthly reminder - Monday March 1st is the first day to reserve Sept. dates.

ckkevin

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaIs anyone leaving the country this year?!  I think everyone is staying domestic and going camping.

I just returned from Madrid, Spain and London, England a couple of weeks ago and will be traveling to Berlin and Poland next month.

With the exchange rate, it is not a good time to travel to Europe.  The exchange rate for the pound is 1.85 and the Euro 1.48.

Ca-girl

Quote from: ckkevinI just returned from Madrid, Spain and London, England a couple of weeks ago and will be traveling to Berlin and Poland next month.
According to about half the kids in my classroom, that's all within the United States....you have to travel to far off places like Oklahoma to get out of the country! :J Me trying to teach geography to fifth graders ----> :confused:

Kelly

Quote from: Ca-girlAccording to about half the kids in my classroom, that's all within the United States....you have to travel to far off places like Oklahoma to get out of the country! :J Me trying to teach geography to fifth graders ----> :confused:

Can't imagine what country they would put Minnesota in!  LOL

I was going to California ~ isn't that another country?  ;)

Now I'm going to Vancouver, BC ~ that is definitely another country!

Red neff Barchetta

"This week on Science In The News..."
Ok, ok, I'll stop after this one, but I found this too interesting to go without mention.
Next time you can't find the PU, TV, or house keys you just might wish you were born with a bird brain;
http://www.sciencenews.org/20040214/bob8.asp

Birds, the ultimate geocachers!!

g-whiz

Quote from: Red neff Barchetta"This week on Science In The News..."
Ok, ok, I'll stop after this one, but I found this too interesting to go without mention.
Next time you can't find the PU, TV, or house keys you just might wish you were born with a bird brain;
http://www.sciencenews.org/20040214/bob8.asp

Birds, the ultimate geocachers!!
Dear Jeff Neff,

This is all very reassuring for me as I have actually been referred to as a bird brain. Thinking it was a negative thing, I continued to try harder at any task that was sent my way. Now I see that I was actually receiving a compliment and feel quite badly that I did not thank the person making the reference. Do you think it is ever too late to say thank you? Also, do you know anything about pea-brains? I've have heard references made on that subject also and wonder if a thank you might be in order in this instance too. ;)

Signed: BB in Ventura

Red neff Barchetta

Kevin -
Any luck with September SeaCliff reservations this morning?  I hope so.
I was able to get through for our 2 trips (no, not SeaCliff).   :)

6Quigs

No Jeff, no luck this morning, and when we did finally get through, all the sites were gone :(

Get this, talking to Wendy over the weekend, she mentioned Pacifica near San Francisco has a private RV resort with full hook ups on a bluff overlooking the ocean, so we check it out this morning.
http://www.sanfranciscorvresort.com/

We went to reservations, and were looking into booking a weekend in June, but the website came back with a price of $750 a night!!!!!!!! $3,000 for 4 nights of camping!!!

O.K. we called them, and $750 is the price per month. A little hiccup with their web page, and the real cost per night is about $50. Not so sure if we want to spend that much a night.

zymomyz

Quote from: 6QuigsNo Jeff, no luck this morning, and when we did finally get through, all the sites were gone :(

Get this, talking to Wendy over the weekend, she mentioned Pacifica near San Francisco has a private RV resort with full hook ups on a bluff overlooking the ocean, so we check it out this morning.
http://www.sanfranciscorvresort.com/

We went to reservations, and were looking into booking a weekend in June, but the website came back with a price of $750 a night!!!!!!!! $3,000 for 4 nights of camping!!!

O.K. we called them, and $750 is the price per month. A little hiccup with their web page, and the real cost per night is about $50. Not so sure if we want to spend that much a night.

Kevin,

You do realize teh sun NEVER shines in Pacifica and that were it me they'd have to pay me $50.00 a night to stay there  ;)

Surfcal

Hello Zymomyz:

Ibwf zpv tfbe Ejhjubm Gpsusftt?

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

So we had a new dishwasher installed today and the plumber left a piece of hose behind and the first thing i thought was; "hey, that would work perfectly for my fresh water transfer system in the PU".  Man, I'm a PU-aholic!
Btw, on a quiet scale of 1 - 5 we bought a 4 and holy smokes is it quiet!!  I'm in quite a few homes that have the super-duper quiet high-end Bosch dishwashers that are extremely quiet, but this one we bought for $400.00 less than those is so quiet that I had to feel the door to make sure it was working.  Technology is amazing!

Kevin -
Somewhere in this thread (& I'm not looking for it!) I posted a drive-through review I did of that concrete parking lot when we were in that area some months ago.  $50.00?!!  Man, I wouldn't pay $20.00 to "camp" there.  I'm glad you didn't make a reservation.

6Quigs

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaKevin -
Somewhere in this thread (& I'm not looking for it!) I posted a drive-through review I did of that concrete parking lot when we were in that area some months ago.  $50.00?!!  Man, I wouldn't pay $20.00 to "camp" there.  I'm glad you didn't make a reservation.
That's the little problem with this thread, trying to find something important that was posted, like OC Campers trying to find where is the bast place to live around Sacramento.

As for dishwashers, yea, we got a new one recently, and compared to the old one, you have to listen hard just to verify it is running.

zymomyz

Holly,

Check out: https://www.gooutsideandplay.org/

and look up Sanborn Skyline Park in Saratoga. Maybe the answer to your prayers  ;)

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: zymomyzHolly,

Check out: https://www.gooutsideandplay.org/

and look up Sanborn Skyline Park in Saratoga. Maybe the answer to your prayers  ;)

Thanks Steve,
We will check it out!

Holly