News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlhdoc

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaAnd now for a clean and sterile question;
Has anyone here ever stayed at or visited Donner Memorial SP?
We might stay there this summer for a quick one-night'er as we pass by, but hate to find out you can be eaten alive

by bugs (!) or something like that.

It could happen, maybe something will take a bite.   By the way, the pink could be a hidden message for you. :D

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: NickJeff,  I have been there many times as its close to my home town (Reno).  I have not camped there but they are very nice campgrounds.  Make sure you fget a reservation if they take them.  Last time I tried to camp there I arrived  Friday evening and the sites were full.  The visitors center is cool and shows a great movie on the Donnor Party.  The lake is nice for swiming too.  If I remember they have a beach at the campground.  You can also rent paddle boats and that type of thing.

Thanks Mike!   :)   A Reno guy like Greg LeMond huh?
I'll make a reservation on March 1st.  Which is the first possible day to reserve for September (when we are passing through).
I just wanted to make sure the cg wasn't near the road (Hwy. 80) or something like that.  I love the area and know it fairly well, but somehow never paid much attention to this particular SP.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: calstate360I hope they bought one with a sat. dish as reception at Yosemite ranges none to worse than none.:J
Sal

Sal -
Wait until you see this monster.  It has every gadget known to man.  I'm sure they can get reception from Death Valley to Mt. McKinley.  Although they pretty much just watch movies after the campfire has gone out.

Ab Diver

QuoteSeriously G and I spent the 13th on Santa Cruz Island hiking our bu**s off to get to this place.

WAY TO GO--- S&G !!!! What a wonderful way to spend some quality time together.

Hehehehe.... With California's varied landscape, and pics like this, I think those Texas campers are gunna have to learn a good recipe for BBQ'ed crow.

Red neff Barchetta

Great shot G's!
Sounds like a fun day!

gsm x2

Quote from: Ab DiverWAY TO GO--- S&G !!!! What a wonderful way to spend some quality time together.

Hehehehe.... With California's varied landscape, and pics like this, I think those Texas campers are gunna have to learn a good recipe for BBQ'ed crow.

They did sneak in that stipulation that the photo entries have to be "camping related."  But with our ModSquad, I'm sure we can get something that will the criteria and be photogenic....how about a reversed axle against a Pacific sunset?

gsm x2

Surfcal

Quote from: gsm x2Thanks Ray.  I had a nice VD one time, but a couple shots of penicillin took care of it.   :rolleyes:

Seriously G and I spent the 13th on Santa Cruz Island hiking our bu**s off to get to this place.

Pretty windy, but it got nice at the end of the day.

gsm x2

That is a nice shot Scott & G.  I'd love to do that one of these days without all the walking.

Surfcal

Ab Diver

Quote from: gsm x2They did sneak in that stipulation that the photo entries have to be "camping related." But with our ModSquad, I'm sure we can get something that will the criteria and be photogenic....how about a reversed axle against a Pacific sunset?

gsm x2
We'll be getting "down and dirty" for that shot. I love it!

Deschnitzifications at Dusk.... Beautification at the Beach.... Moonlight Modification Madness.... The list is endless.

Robucko

Quote from: SurfcalHey Robucko:

I know you watch us once in a while.  Post something and let us know how you're doing and what you're up to.

Maybe sometime this year you can join us.  I took your advice and bought a Jack London book and a John Steinbeck.  Now if I can only buy some time to read them.

Namaste,
Surfcal

Hey Surfcal et all,
I'm still here and trying to recover from the latest back surgery. It's been a long slow s--ofab---h! I go see the doc again on the 24th and if he can't give me more hope of further recovery I'm afraid a change of lifestyle will be in order. I keep thinking the next day will be better but nay, not so.
I am missing out on a lot of rallies but my heart is with you all and that helps. I am getting in a lot of reading and I hope you enjoy Steinbeck and London. I you get a chanc go see the Steinbeck museum in  Salinas, well worht the trip.
It soundsas if you are working too hard, remember you will run out of tomorrows before you are ready!
Take care, my friend and my best to you all!
Robucko. still a charter member?

gsm x2

Quote from: RobuckoHey Surfcal et all,
I'm still here and trying to recover from the latest back surgery. It's been a long slow s--ofab---h! I go see the doc again on the 24th and if he can't give me more hope of further recovery I'm afraid a change of lifestyle will be in order. I keep thinking the next day will be better but nay, not so.
I am missing out on a lot of rallies but my heart is with you all and that helps. I am getting in a lot of reading and I hope you enjoy Steinbeck and London. I you get a chanc go see the Steinbeck museum in  Salinas, well worht the trip.
It soundsas if you are working too hard, remember you will run out of tomorrows before you are ready!

That's the nice thing about being a Charter Member...once a Charter Member, always a Charter Member.  From one CM to another.

gsm x2

Surfcal

Quote from: RobuckoHey Surfcal et all,

Well Robucko, nonetheless, it is great to hear from you.  I know you had been working hard to be past all the obstacles by this time and I'm glad you're still the same ol' feisty gentleman we knew at the outset of NNC.

As you know, the group has grown, with different factions, like the Mod Squad, the Drunk Squad and "breakaway" rallyers.  But one thing that's truly developed is the camaraderie of folks, the bonds of friendships and the subsequent pranks, of which I stay above the fray.

There are regional rallies, and perhaps we'll hold one on your street just so you'd be included.  Ab Diver and I will be there, and maybe Neff (bwahahahaa).

It was nice of you to drop us a line.  And as Casey Kasem used to say, "keep your feet on the ground, but keep reaching for the stars."

At your service,
Surfcal

RTurner

Maiden Voyage Report (two weeks ago)

We headed out on Saturday the 7th for a few days of vroom vrooming around Carnegie OHV park (dry camping).
Upon arrival the Rangers mentioned that often times day use people take over the camping sites for the day and that there were still "sites" left as the camping was not all sold.  The guys proceeded to the area and scouted out a half empty site. (Only a pickup truck with a few personal items on the table, there were two picnic tables)  We ASSumed it was dayusers.  First mistake.
About 2PM, my friend and I were making lunch and some rude guy saunters up and says "Is there any reason why you decided to just take over our campsite".  I then responded that we ASSumed they were day use (by the absence of an RV or even a tent, no sleeping bags in sight) and that the guys would be right back and we would pack up and move somewhere. (Not knowing the guys temperment I didn't get snotty) THEN our friend came back and he started to get in to it and THEN I bounced out like a Pit BULL and said "Most people who camp are friendly, could laugh it off" obviously this guy wasn't a HAPPY CAMPER.  We at some point came to a truce and were going to stay put, then DH came back and he said NO, we're moving. So we packed it up and moved down a few spots.
Settled in for the night and enjoyed the riding and fun.
No problems to this point with the trailer or the generator (except for running out of gas).
Bed time came and we set the temp at 64 for the furnace (it was 35-38 outside).  About 1 AM I woke up to the worst condensation I have ever felt and realized that it was about 78 in the trailer.  seems the thermostat was not cycling the furnace off when it got warm enough.

Sunday-(my birthday)-Went riding for the morning, awesome breakfast, ready to head home.  Got a flat tire in the Envoy in Livermore.  Oh and did I mention it was my birthday?  No I didn't, so without a reminder, my family FORGOT the whole day.  In the evening my brother called and I didn't catch the phone, DD did and he told her why he was calling.  DH was in BIG trouble and he felt terrible.
So the trailer was too hot on Saturday and my house was REALLY cold on Sunday (family sleeping in the dog house)!!
Monday DH redeemed himself with a beautiful round present! Ladies I'll show you at Olema.
As for the trailer, we really love it.  So much more room and amenities and I found out I can live dry camping (with a generator).

WOW I FLIPPED!

Red neff Barchetta

Rojana -
LOL!
What a crazy maiden voyage!
Sorry you bumped into a hot-head.
Sounds like you had a nice humid Iowa summer night (we were there for 8 days once in July and we were wet the entire trip).  Hope you fixed the thermostat.
He got you what for your birthday?!  That's not a flashlight!!   :eek:  :D

Happy birthday!!!!!   :)

I am glad to hear you enjoy dry camping.  With the right set-up it is the best way to truly camp!

Red neff Barchetta

Btw, I think you need to change your settings back to 20 posts per page.

birol

This thread got deleted ????? Only 4 pages ??? How unfortunate for you Nick-Neff-Cough'ers  :D  :D  :D  

Now I make good with my escape and never come back here :)