News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

otterHey Otter:

You re getting the hang of rabble rousing.  You need a little bit more edge though, but I am proud to say that you are verging on trying to stir the pot and before long, you too will be insulting people gracefully and not feel bad about it.  It s an art really.

Like, I snipe at Y-Guy consistently and totally harp on him and he responds with an LOL.  Now you see, that s an expert move.  The guy doesn t even know I m Rabble Rousing him.

A great example of intermediate Rabble Rousing is how TMM and CWB Rabble Rouse each other.  But CWB s mistake is that TMM knows he is being roused up and then TMM gets back at him and gets the last laugh.  Now, CWB thinks he Rabble Roused, but the truth is, TMM got the better of him.  But CWB is coming along just fine and honing his RR skills.

We have to harden you up.  Next time we get together, Sactocampers and Red neff Barchetta will host a clinic, Rabble Rousing for Dummies.  Perhaps you would like to sign up.

As you know, we had high hopes for Nick to be a Rabble Rouser, but he just ends up killing threads.  He s a bonafide serial thread killer.  While Nick might be a novice on the boards, at the campsite, he is a completely different animal.  He even out Rabble Rouses me in the outdoors.  Like he had it all planned to scatter metal washers all over the campsite to throw off Sammyslave with his metal detector.  He even wanted me to join his scheme to float an inflatable doll at Lake Chabot for the Negative Bouyancy Rally.  It was really Nick s plan to leave the garbage outside of Sammyslave s camper to treat the skunks that night.  But you didn t hear that from me.

So Otter, we must get you on board in Rabble Rousing.  I know raw talent when I see one.

Surfcal

Cottonwooder

g-whiz
QuoteIf you commit then I think we could actually get it closer since the split could depend on who is attending.

C mon OCs!  We re going too.  Just found out that the final weekend of April looks like a Girl Scout event at one of our fave campsites (Santa Paula), but so far the rest of April is free for us.

OC Campers

CottonwooderSorry-I don t know how to do a " quote"  but yes I still have the GREEN van and thank the lord have not been hit.  It has almost been 6 months (but whose counting.  I can say I will never buy this color again.  I read somewhere that dark green is the color that is most hit and I can attest to that!! (hit 3 times in 1 year)

We would love to attend  the " split the difference"  rally in April.  In fact Randy and I were just talking at dinner tonite that it would be great to meet the Nor Cal folks again because we had so much fun with them.  It will depend on the date and place though.  Unfortunately,  the kids are in school and the mother in law is coming in for my nephew s wedding over their spring break.  I think we only have the first and last weekends available.   We will try our darndest to be there.  Let us know where and when.

Jacqui

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteLet us know if you start going through PU withdrawls and NEED to go camping. We wound up with two tow vehicles and would gladly haul your Cottonwooder to a mutually perfect campground around here.

Aren t the GSMs the best?  That s too kind of you.  Yes, it s been 3 weeks since Cachuma.   Withdrawal started hitting last week, and we NEED to go camping!  But at the rate Mike is going, we just might have a new truck within this next week, if not this weekend!  (I say let s go truck shopping on Sunday, my fave shopping day of the year.  Roads will be empty; dealership lots will be empty... we d have the place to ourselves!)  Oh well, at least I ve been spending plenty of time inside Cottonwood, busy at my sewing machine.  (NNCoffers, it doubles as my sewing room while at home.)

Nick

CottonwooderJust got done ordering my BAL leveler.  Can t wait to try it.  I ordered it from Camping World and got it for $64.31 total including shipping (with the presedents club price).

I ll let you know how it works when it arrives.  Or better yet, see it at Olema.

SactoCampers

Cottonwooder
QuoteYou re getting the hang of rabble rousing. You need a little bit more edge though, but I am proud to say that you are verging on trying to stir the pot and before long, you too will be insulting people gracefully and not feel bad about it. It s an art really.

I agree, she s getting there. Ray, perhaps you can keep nurturing her along. Let her know that rabble rousing is all about the sucker-punch and then watching the dogpile.  CWB s rabble rousing techniques need some refinement,  he s still a little raw and his timing is off: I think I caught him rabble rousing about a rally we haven t even scheduled yet! A refresher course hosted by Surfcal is in the works. I ll pay CWB s tuition fee. [;)][8D] Just kidding Lar, you know you re my bud! But Otter seems to have the nack, that je ne sais quoi to be a supreme rabble rouser. She s definitely on her way.

I really wish we could attend the Split the Difference rally. I d like to meet the SoCal folks. At least many of them are still planning to attend the June Rally! (I hope!)[&:]

Red neff Barchetta

Cottonwooder
QuoteWell I just got done brewing the beer for Olema. I styled it after SNPA, so hopfully it will make the mark.

I love you man!
 Now I don t know which site you ll find me at more in Olema;  Yours with the homeade brew, or SammySlave s with the Gin & Tonic s and incredible food!  Tough decision.
 I also agree that we as a group would be completely lost and hungry without Larry & Rita.
 Hail to Larry & Rita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  May they never miss a rally!

Boy I wish I was camping this w/e!

otter

CottonwooderRay & Brian
 Thank you for your confidence, nuturing, and encouragement  but I TAUGHT Rabble Rousing 101  (at least the mispelled version of the same) in my time.  However, as the senior member of this group I feel my role is more in the line of synicism, mellow-ment, and how to attach the tow chains and electrical wires in an appropriate and dignified  manner.
 hugs

The Memory Maker

Cottonwooder
QuoteA great example of intermediate Rabble Rousing is how TMM and CWB Rabble Rouse each other. But CWB s mistake is that TMM knows he is being roused up and then TMM gets back at him and gets the last laugh. Now, CWB thinks he Rabble Roused, but the truth is, TMM got the better of him. But CWB is coming along just fine and honing his RR skills.
Thank You, Thank You!!
 (Cheers and applause)
 You like me, you really like me...

QuoteWe have to harden you up. Next time we get together, Sactocampers and Red neff Barchetta will host a clinic, Rabble Rousing for Dummies. Perhaps you would like to sign up.
how many beside CWB will be attending?
QuoteAs you know, we had high hopes for Nick to be a Rabble Rouser, but he just ends up killing threads. He s a bonafide serial thread killer.
Two posts later from nick-

QuoteJust got done ordering my BAL leveler. Can t wait to try it. I ordered it from Camping World and got it for $64.31 total including shipping (with the presedents club price).

I ll let you know how it works when it arrives. Or better yet, see it at Olema.
Surfcal- game, set and match

Truth be told, I love having this fun and I hope that no one ever takes what I say about them with any thing other than a laugh

Nick

CottonwooderHa, lets see if I can kill this one. ba hah ha ha[:@]

Y-Guy

Surfcal
QuoteLike, I snipe at Y-Guy consistently and totally harp on him and he responds with an LOL. Now you see, that s an expert move. The guy doesn t even know I m Rabble Rousing him.

Oh I m sorry we re you talking about me? You must have been thinking about KiwiFamily [&:]

--

Garage sale is over TG!!!  Those folks are just crazy.  We said 9AM-3PM and they are here at 7AM.  Good thing is that everything is gone, only had to take a few items to Goodwill this afternoon.  Our house is listed and we found a great Realtor, the other one we turned down seems to be a kniving little.. oh wait this is a family board. [:)]  First time our garage has been so clean, even the Avalanche fits!

TeacherMom

Y-GuyLike Y-Guy said, the day was a great success but boy are my legs tired!!! Our realtor even bought a few items from the moving sale! What a sweetheart she is!

Sandi

Red neff Barchetta

Y-GuyCan I bring all of my " stuff"  in my garage over to your empty garage?
 What s it like to have an empty garage anyway?  It s been so long I can t remember.

Nick

Y-GuyWell, our group impresed my parents so much they decided to join us at Olema.  We were telling my older brother, who has a Colman Sedona, about it and now he is signed up for Olema.  

g-whiz

Nick
QuoteWell, our group impresed my parents so much they decided to join us at Olema. We were telling my older brother, who has a Colman Sedona, about it and now he is signed up for Olema.

That is so cool Mike.  I think it is awesome how we want to share our group which makes us really unexclusive and totally all inclusive (I think I said that right [8D]).  I can t wait until June when a small part of our family will join in the fun.