News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-whiz

Surfcal
QuoteI tried insulting G-Whiz s wine by saying it was like drinking vinegar and she just turned around and said cheers.

You mean I didn t have to turn the other cheek like my mama always told me??

g-whiz

Red neff Barchetta
Quote[: (]= Cartoon depiction of what I look like sneezing----but needs to be MUCH LARGER

This one needs to be changed to:  OMG, did you taste the Michigan wine? [: (]

Nick

g-whizHey did you notice we have pop-ups instead of muffins now.

hey I just noticed I have an Arvee

g-whiz

g-whiz
Quotewe ll never have more than ONE muffin unless we become a moderator.

Am I the first to notice that we no longer have muffins?

g-whiz

Nick
QuoteHey did you notice we have pop-ups instead of muffins now.

Did you notice how great minds think alike?  Our posts were seconds apart on the same subject.  CWB and GSM x2 are going to be VERY jealous about the Arvee!

Civil_War_Buff

g-whiz

QuoteORIGINAL:  g-whiz

CWB and GSM x2 are going to be VERY jealous about the Arvee!

Hold on there!! So just because nick is a modulator he gets a half crazed arvee??? Then, to add insult to injury, they give ME a pop-up!! I have a TrailManor!!!! [:@][;)][;)]
 Look closely at the eyes on arvee, do they look glazed to you?  Speaking of glaze, what is a good glaze for use on raccoon?[&:]  Chef Larry, any ideas?[;)]

Happy Campin  <><

Nick

g-whiz
QuoteSpeaking of glaze, what is a good glaze for use on raccoon?  Chef Larry, any ideas?

I think it depends on how you plan on cooking it.  If you going for bb-q, then I would say a good dry rub  like " Butt Rub"  from BB-Q Galore would work great.

never2poopd2pop

g-whizMy uncle used to tell me (I m a good Southern boy) that raccoon is rich - so rich in fact that you only need to eat it once every 10 yrs or so.  

And they have a great deal of fat.

So my guess would be to pre-steam little Arvee about 30 minutes to render the fat. Let the little guy cool and apply Nick s proferred rub liberally and marinade for 24 hrs in the frig.  

To prepare place wee little Arvee in a DO full of boiling water with onions, carrots, potatoes, stew spices and 2 small to medium sized dark grey rocks.  Boil the stew until the rocks soften.  Remove Arvee and eat the rocks.

Hybrid Holly

g-whiz

QuoteI tried insulting G-Whiz s wine by saying it was like drinking vinegar and she just turned around and said cheers.

QuoteYou mean I didn t have to turn the other cheek like my mama always told me?? me!

You know what my motto is:  If you don t have anything nice to say.....
 Then come sit by me!!!

Civil_War_Buff

g-whizI just happened to look at the picture that SactoCamper has in his profile, and I just wanted to know if that was a recent photo or one that goes back a few weeks?  I must admit that the pipe makes Brian look quite distinguished though!! I was almost jealous.  

I hope we can get autographed copies at the next outing!!?

Happy Campin  <><

SactoCampers

g-whiz
QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

QuoteORIGINAL:  never2poopd2pop

My uncle used to tell me (I m a good Southern boy) that raccoon is rich - so rich in fact that you only need to eat it once every 10 yrs or so.  

And they have a great deal of fat.

So my guess would be to pre-steam little Arvee about 30 minutes to render the fat. Let the little guy cool and apply Nick s proferred rub liberally and marinade for 24 hrs in the frig.  

To prepare place wee little Arvee in a DO full of boiling water with onions, carrots, potatoes, stew spices and 2 small to medium sized dark grey rocks.  Boil the stew until the rocks soften.  Remove Arvee and eat the rocks.

Yes, if Arvee has abnormally high fat content, it may be difficult to properly barbeque him due to risk of flare ups. Of course I could lower the hood of my Barbeques Galore Cook-On barbeque with kwila cart to reduce them, but the question is whether it is worth the risk. Charred raccoon cooked on the engine manifold with 10W-30 as a dipping sauce may be a delicacy to the Joads, but we Northern Californians expect something more civilized [;)]. We want our Arvee served up with full linen cloths and three forks. However, considering it is winter time and we re campers, we will relent. Therefore, I second your recommendation to stew little Arvee with the ingredients you mentioned for a full, body warming meal. If we could only get those muffins back...

6Quigs

Y-Guy
QuoteAnd where has Kevin been?
 Who knows where 6quigs is?

Well you take a week of work, and you spend the following week trying to catch up!!
 I m here, and have been lurking every day, even while on vacation, but just diddn t have the time to post a lot.
 Glad to see that NNC is as active as ever, and is the most active camping group on PUT, with over 400 posts.
 That picture of Sactocampers, must have been after a week or so of camping, where he didn t shave.
 Did you check out Y-guy s photo, that Kiwi sure looks weird.

SactoCampers

6Quigs
QuoteDid you check out Y-guy s photo, that Kiwi sure looks weird.

Forget the Kiwi, Skippy looks like he s as tall as a Great Dane!

Cottonwooder

g-whizWhat happened to our burnt corn muffins????  [:(]

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizWhat in the #$^&* are you all talking about and what are you smoking so that you think you see little PU s instead of burnt muffins?!

On my screen Cottonwooder is the only one with a PU.  Everyone else has muffins with the high & mighty moderator Nick having an abundance of them.