News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griffsmom

Quote from: gsm x2Dang---you can really tell who your friends are around here can't you?

I would have expected SurfCal to spote me; not Judas-Lori.

gsm x2
As Griffin says, "I a stink pot!" :J :Z ;)  Besides, you brought it on yourself.  And it's not just me getting in on the fun now: http://www.arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=51595&page=3&pp=10  (post #28)

btw, what's a "spote" :confused:

RTurner

Anyone camping this weekend???

We are heading off mid-day for a dusty dry camping trip to Hollister.  All loaded up except for the ice chest and 4 hours of work in the morning.  Can't call in sick when you take a 1/2 day of vacation.

Oh yeah, when you hear the traffic report for the the GMC and the Starcraft heading down 101 at 30-40 MPH that's ME with the kids white knuckled and frazzled.  DH won't be down until later in the day.  Funny thing is he is not worried about me driving it down there, he is more worried about me trying to back it in with the neighbors help.  We are both professed NON-Trailers Backeruppers.

Have a great weekend all

gsm x2

Quote from: RTurnerAnyone camping this weekend???

We are heading off mid-day for a dusty dry camping trip to Hollister. All loaded up except for the ice chest and 4 hours of work in the morning. Can't call in sick when you take a 1/2 day of vacation.

Oh yeah, when you hear the traffic report for the the GMC and the Starcraft heading down 101 at 30-40 MPH that's ME with the kids white knuckled and frazzled. DH won't be down until later in the day. Funny thing is he is not worried about me driving it down there, he is more worried about me trying to back it in with the neighbors help. We are both professed NON-Trailers Backeruppers.

Have a great weekend all
Rojana---you weren't down in the San Diego area earlier this month by any chance, were you?

See http://www.arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=51595&page=1 for why I ask.

gsm x2

gsm x2

Quote from: gsm x2Rojana---you weren't down in the San Diego area earlier this month by any chance, were you?

See http://www.arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=51595&page=1 for why I ask.

gsm x2
[edit]  Nevermind!!!  Right van...wrong camper.

g-whiz

Pssst... It's The Original Scott's BD!!!!  :D

Ca-girl

Quote from: g-whizPssst... It's The Original Scott's BD!!!! :D
Happy Birthday tooooo youuuuu... (cha cha cha)
Happy Birthday tooooo youuuuu....(cha cha cha)
Happy Birrrrth-day dear Sco-ot...
Happy Birthday toooo youuuuuuuuu (cha cha cha.....and many more...on channel four...and Scooby-Doo...on channel two....and Frankenstein...on channel nine....and all the rest....on CBS....) :cake:

Okay, I suppose that's proof positive that I spend WAY too much time with people under the age if 15. :eyecrazy:

Happy Birthday TOS! :#

griffsmom

Quote from: g-whizPssst... It's The Original Scott's BD!!!! :D

Already?  It seems like we were just celebrating TOS's birthday this same time a year ago! ;)

Happy Birthday Scott!!!! :! And remember, eat lotsa :cake:, but only from a DO!  :-()

OC Campers

Happy Birthday TOS (The original Scott). Eats lots of cake and drink lots of Marga-G-tas!!

Jacqui

Surfcal

Some birthday thoughts for you!

Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.  ~Jean Paul Richter

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened.  ~Jennifer Yane

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.  ~Lucille Ball

One to-day is worth two to-morrows.
Author: Benjamin Franklin

The more things change, the more they remain the same.
Author: Alphonse Karr

Every ten years a man should give himself a good kick in the pants.
Author: Edward Steichen

Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle.  ~Bob Hope

First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to zip up your fly; and then you forget to unzip your fly.  ~Branch Rickey

Youth is a disease from which we all recover.  ~Dorothy Fulheim

Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life.  ~Herbert Asquith

I'm sixty years of age.  That's 16 Celsius.  ~George Carlin, Brain Droppings, 1997

You're not 40, you're eighteen with 22 years experience.  ~Author Unknown

I still have a full deck; I just shuffle slower now.  ~Author Unknown

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.  ~Robert Frost

Birthdays are good for you.  Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.  ~Larry Lorenzoni

A well adjusted woman is one who not only knows what she wants for her birthday, but even knows what she's going to exchange it for.

To think, when one is no longer young, when one is not yet old, that one is no longer young, that one is not yet old, that is perhaps something.
Author: Samuel Beckett

There is still no cure for the common birthday.  ~John Glenn

Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year:  The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again.  ~Menachem Mendel Schneerson

We know we're getting old when the only thing we want for our birthday is not to be reminded of it.  ~Author Unknown

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.  ~Chili Davis

A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun.  Enjoy the trip.  ~Author Unknown

Thanks to modern medical advances such as antibiotics, nasal spray, and Diet Coke, it has become routine for people in the civilized world to pass the age of 40, sometimes more than once.  ~Dave Barry, "Your Disintegrating Body," Dave Barry Turns 40, 1990

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair.  ~Sam Ewing

Youth is a wonderful thing.  What a crime to waste it on children.  ~George Bernard Shaw

On my 60th birthday my wife gave me a superb birthday present. She let me win an argument.

To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent that is to triumph over old age.
Author: Thomas B. Aldrich

To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent that is to triumph over old age.
Author: Hervey Allen

To know how to grow old is the master work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living.
Author: Henri Frederic Amiel

Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.
Author: Carl Sandburg

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh yourself.
Author: Ethel Barrymore

Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.  Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.  ~Tom Wilson
Author: Anonymous

After all, tomorrow is another day.
Author: Margaret Mitchell

Happy Birthday TOS.

Surfcal

griffsmom

Nice post, Surf!

I would add:

Having a birthday isn't so bad--it sure beats the alternative!
~Author unknown

Red neff Barchetta

Happy Birthday Scott!
Enjoy your day!   :)

griffsmom

Here's a thought for the day that a  friend e-mailed me tonight.  It seems somewhat appropriate for someone celebrating a birthday:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

gsm x2

Quote from: griffsmomHere's a thought for the day that a friend e-mailed me tonight. It seems somewhat appropriate for someone celebrating a birthday:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"
Lori--I like it.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. My day and night were so filled that I had no time to check the Boards.

This birthday seemed especially profound. When G and I got married, only three people were invited. Jo Burnul was one of them. I attended her funeral on Wednesday. She was 66.  It was a graphic reminder to fully live each of the days you wake up on the looking at the bladed side of grass.

gsm x2 (TOS)

Surfcal

Well,

Taking that cue from TOS, today should be a nice day all around the state.  Lots of sunshine in the forecast, so go out there and breathe in the fresh air, take in the rays and get out in the great outdoors.

Happy Saturday.

Surfcal

Surfcal

Quote from: SurfcalWell,

Taking that cue from TOS, today should be a nice day all around the state.  Lots of sunshine in the forecast, so go out there and breathe in the fresh air, take in the rays and get out in the great outdoors.

Happy Saturday.

Surfcal

Ditto.

But make it Happy Sunday.

Surfcal

P.S.  This neurosis is getting severe.  Now I am talking to myself on a message board.