News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-whiz

Quote from: 6QuigsWhen they changed to a different software, they lost the first post in every thread.
If however, you go to the first page in this thread, and then click on the box, top right that says Hybrid, and it displays who was the original author of this thread, and it was not me.

And let's give this thread the credit it is due. It is not only NNC's longest, but also the longest thread in both PUT and PUX ;)
Wow!  I guess it's true that you learn something new everyday.  :D

Surfcal

Kevin, that's a neat trick.  BTW, the very first posting on this thread happened on this date:

09.28.2003/17:05 PM

gsm x2

Quote from: SurfcalKevin, that's a neat trick. BTW, the very first posting on this thread happened on this date:

09.28.2003/17:05 PM
Zoom has not withstood the "Test of Time" like GCaR, but here's some stats

GCaR has been going for 291 days with 3254 posts and 50283 views. Or 11.2 posts and 172.8 views per day.

Zoom has been going for 64 days with 1725 posts and 7380 views. Or 26.95 posts per day, but only 115.3 views per day.  We could do the math and figure out "if/then/what" questions, but here's the basic question.

Do you think Zoom will ever catch GCaR in number of posts???

TOS

Red neff Barchetta

It really is amazing how long this thread has lasted.

I actually think I started it shortly after the Chabot (floating bodies) January, '03 rally.  Which was Y-Guy's last NNC rally.

Dianne's first post is about how they can't make the first Olema (2/03) rally coming up, but will be at Snug Harbor (3/03) (I loved taking the PU (& CWB's TM & Otter's PU all at the same time) on the ferry.  That was cool!).

Speaking of CWB, I wonder if he'll be at the re-enactment this w/e in Duncan's Mills near Casini?  How about abbear?

What a crazy & terrific thread this is.   :)

mustang

Just thought I'd pass this along-
We'll be camping at Doran Beach next weekend (7/23-25) to escape the summer heat! If anyone's interested, contact Sonoma County Regional Parks.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Red neff Barchetta

Loretta -
Have a great time!  Wish we could drive out and visit you for the day, but we'll be camping in Santa Cruz then.
See you in Yosemite!   :)

Red neff Barchetta

Well, after a strenuous search and many headaches I have finally realized that a 2-tank LP regulator will not work CORRECTLY with a high-pressure appliance like our outside stove (which is the one we use 95% of the time) when switched to the "reserve" tank.
So, with help from a fellow PU'er I ordered a "Manifold Tee";
Go here and then enter "Manifold Tee" once you are in the "secure" parts catalog -
http://www.giantrecreationworld.com/
It has a check-valve inside and will either draw both tanks evenly, or as I'll do, let one tank drain down and then open up the other tank if I think there is a possibility that the first tank might run out in the middle of the night.  You can also disconnect a tank for re-fill while the other tank is still operational.
As with a regulator, I had to also buy a second hose.  However, the Manifold Tee is only 1/4th the cost of the regulator.
Although I had them over-night it so that doubled the price, lol.   :yikes:  :D
It left Florida (believe it or not I couldn't find one around here) this morning.
Can't wait to try it out.   :)

SactoCampers

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWell, after a strenuous search and many headaches I have finally realized that a 2-tank LP regulator will not work CORRECTLY with a high-pressure appliance like our outside stove (which is the one we use 95% of the time) when switched to the "reserve" tank.
So, with help from a fellow PU'er I ordered a "Manifold Tee";
 :)
Jeff, if you wanted a manifold tee I would have given you mine. I tried doing that with my popup but it didn't work out for me. I always seemed to have a leak somewhere. Not good. But you're handier than I am. Just make sure you use some of that thread tape or whatever they call it. I'm sure you'll have better luck than mee. Remember, I think the manifold tees have inside threads and the hoses going to the regulator are not (and now to the tee) are not compatible, IIRC. You may need some adaptors, which may introduce more leaks. I spent a lot of time at our Suburban Propane so I could still do it wrong. If you can get it to work, it's just as good as a two-tank regulator in my opinion and a lot more affordable.

Red neff Barchetta

Brian -
Thanks for the heads up.  I really appreciate it.   :)
However, I have done some tiresome research on this one and there won't be any adapters needed.
Yes, I will be using thread tape for all of the connections.
The 2 LP hoses (the original one I had and the new one I bought today) both have 1/4" male threads.  The Manifold Tee has 2 - 1/4" female threads to accept the LP hoses.  The Manifold Tee also has a 1/4" male thread which will go into the 1/4" female thread on top of the existing high-pressure regulator which is standard on Colewood & Fleetwood PU's with a high-pressure outside stove.

When all is installed, the only new parts added will be the Manifold Tee and the new (2nd) LP hose.

Did your Tracker PU have a high-pressure appliance (which in turn would mean that you had a high-pressure regulator)?

I do not want to take the liberty of posting a link to ChuckS' MSN PU site, but he has a picture of exactly what I am talking about there.

I'll let you know next week how it works.

Hope you and your DW are getting some sleep with your new addition in the house.   ;)  :)
Can't wait to see you next as a family of 4!   :)  :)

SactoCampers

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaBrian -

When all is installed, the only new parts added will be the Manifold Tee and the new (2nd) LP hose.

Did your Tracker PU have a high-pressure appliance (which in turn would mean that you had a high-pressure regulator)?

I do not want to take the liberty of posting a link to ChuckS' MSN PU site, but he has a picture of exactly what I am talking about there.

I'll let you know next week how it works.

Hope you and your DW are getting some sleep with your new addition in the house. ;) :)
Can't wait to see you next as a family of 4! :) :)
Sounds like you've got the modification planned out well.

No, the Tracker didn't have a high pressure stove, which may explain the difference. IIRC, the receptacle on my regulator was opposite of that on the manifold tee, thus the need for adaptor. But Coleman must use a different regulator for the high pressure system.

ChuckS? I'll pass.

Red neff Barchetta

LOL!
He is all business isn't he.

Dee4j

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWell, after a strenuous search and many headaches I have finally realized that a 2-tank LP regulator will not work CORRECTLY with a high-pressure appliance like our outside stove (which is the one we use 95% of the time) when switched to the "reserve" tank.
   :)

I was wondering why you would do this. Is this something that is needed only if you do a lot of dry camping?  my propane lasted me over a year the bottle wasn't empty but I put a full one on for the pismo trip and was gone 9 days.

Ray: just in case you didn't get my e-mail, I got my CD...Thanks I almost signed up for Olema but its too far for a weekend during school. It just gives me more time to think about your payback :J  :!

Red neff Barchetta

Dee4j -
We camp year-round so this is mainly for the winter when the furnace is gulping its way through the LP.
I agree, in the summer not much LP is consumed as the furnace isn't used or barely at all.  Also, cooking isn't high on our list so the stove(s) isn't(aren't) used as much as others might use theirs either.
Still, it is no fun to have to go outside at 3:30am (LP NEVER runs out during the day  :mad:  :D ) and disconnect one tank and hook-up the 2nd tank and then re-light the fridge & WH and then go back to bed.  The furnace fan blowing cold air wakes you up real quick!
We are camping 4 of the next 8 w/e's (extended) as well as we've camped 3 of the last 8 w/e's so I'll probably open the 2nd. tank at night sometime this summer.  I'll open it this w/e (& close the 1st. tank) just to make sure everything is working correctly.
For our situation, this will definitely get used and makes sense to have.   :)

Red neff Barchetta

Wow!  Money does talk.   :D   It just arrived a few minutes ago from the right coast.   :)

Btw, sorry to bother everyone with this.  I'll try & remember to ramble on about my mod's. over at the other place.

See some of you at Yosemite.   :)

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWow! Money does talk. :D It just arrived a few minutes ago from the right coast. :)

Btw, sorry to bother everyone with this. I'll try & remember to ramble on about my mod's. over at the other place.

See some of you at Yosemite. :)
Hey man talk about mods all ya want.  If anyone gives you grief I'll just delete their post. :p :)

Anyway, a few months ago I redid my tongue totally.  I already had duel tanks but if you recall they looked sloopy with all the bungies.  I mounted the duel regulator on the frame, and bolted on the two tanks.  When I had everything off the tongue I repainted it too.  Looks really good now.