News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Cioppino Cook Off at Olema

Started by Nick, Oct 05, 2004, 11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zymomyz

I remember this one time at cioppino camp...

There was a really funny "boy" there, named Ray. I remember he arrived in a pretty, little yellow, bus... well,  he wouldn't stop talking about his crabs, but no one laughed at him too much.....  :D  :D  :D

OC Campers

How are we going to handle the tasting?  If you want I could buy a bunch of paper bowls and cheapy plastic spoons at Costco.  You certainly don't want your Cioppino mixing together.  Maybe we should also have some french bread to help cleanse the palet?

Jacqui

champ521

Quote from: OC CampersHow are we going to handle the tasting?  If you want I could buy a bunch of paper bowls and cheapy plastic spoons at Costco.  You certainly don't want your Cioppino mixing together.  Maybe we should also have some french bread to help cleanse the palet?

Jacqui

Sounds good. How about each team supplies their own bread/butter?

zymomyz

Quote from: champ521Sounds good. How about each team supplies their own bread/butter?

Ours will have to be tasted in a Pilsner glass  :D

OC Campers

Quote from: zymomyzOurs will have to be tasted in a Pilsner glass :D
How will you fill a pilsner glass with seafood?  Maybe you will have to get some 'Big gulp" cups from 7-Eleven.:confused: :)

Jacqui

OC Campers

OK, I went to Costco today and bought 500 spoons and 300 bowls.  Hopefully, that will be enough for cioppino.  If not if anyone is bringing chili or something that needs to be served with bowls please feel free to use the extras.

Jacqui

zymomyz

Quote from: OC CampersHow will you fill a pilsner glass with seafood?  Maybe you will have to get some 'Big gulp" cups from 7-Eleven.:confused: :)

Jacqui

Jacqui,

Now, now I can't possibly divuldge our secret ingredient prior to the great cioppino cookoff.....  :D  :D  :D  :D

OC Campers

Hmmm. I may be on to something here.

Jacqui

6Quigs

Quote from: OC CampersOK, I went to Costco today and bought 500 spoons and 300 bowls.  Hopefully, that will be enough for cioppino.

Jacqui

I hope those bowls are not the styrofoam type, as Z's secret ingredent has been known to melt those bowls.
I'm bringing my own titanium bowl, that will be able to stand up to all spices they he might include in the Cioppino, not to mention whatever Ray might be putting into his ;)

zymomyz

Quote from: 6QuigsI hope those bowls are not the styrofoam type, as Z's secret ingredent has been known to melt those bowls.
I'm bringing my own titanium bowl, that will be able to stand up to all spices they he might include in the Cioppino, not to mention whatever Ray might be putting into his ;)

Kevin,

If you're worried about what our cioppino will do to a styrofoam bowl you might want to bring yout titanium shorts as well  :D

darcamps

Quote from: towrodLet me know when you form a team and I'll add you.

Just wanted to let ya know that Dave, Maun and I (Darlene) are going to be a team.  Can't wait!  We'll be arriving Thurs afternoon.

See yall there!  

Darcamps
Darlene, Dave
Em
Max the wonder Dog

2004 Antigua
2001 Ford F250