News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Joan's Surgery

Started by Calstate361, Oct 11, 2005, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calstate361

Went to the Dr. last Friday (7/14/06) and am now down 101.5 lbs.   Have the monthly post-op meeting on Saturday so we will see if I have lost any more.

Joan

Dee4j

Quote from: Calstate361Went to the Dr. last Friday (7/14/06) and am now down 101.5 lbs.   Have the monthly post-op meeting on Saturday so we will see if I have lost any more.

Joan

WHOOOOOO HOOOO!!!!! :#  :-()

do me a favor quit sending what you're losing down here to me :eyecrazy:

Calstate361

Dee, you must be getting it from someone else because Sal is closer and he says he is getting it all!!! :yikes:

Joan

Calstate361

Well, I'm dissappointed....I went to the Post-Op meeting on Saturday and my weight loss is confirmed at 100 pounds, not the 101 that the GYN's office indicated.   Just goes to show you the difference in scales.  I'm still 4 pounds short (96) with the Curves scale.   BUT, the official one is the Bariatrics one so I have to go with just the 100 pounds, which is pretty good anyway.

Now I really have to watch what I eat and stick solidly with the program because they told us in the meeting Saturday that now that most of us are hitting the 6 month period that is when all the easy weight loss will stop.  The body has adjusted to the surgery and now we have to really watch what we eat or we could gain it all back.   I DON"T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.  This is too nice.  I'm looking almost as thin as I was in High School.

Joan

Calstate361

BUMP

Well, I'm at 10 months now and it is unofficially 115 pounds.  Sal is trying to get/take a decent picture of me to post.   I don't think you can tell very well how much I have lost!!!   We will see.

Joan

wavery

Quote from: Calstate361BUMP

Well, I'm at 10 months now and it is unofficially 115 pounds.  Sal is trying to get/take a decent picture of me to post.   I don't think you can tell very well how much I have lost!!!   We will see.

Joan

We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Proud of you. I can hardly wait to see you and give you a hug. :D

I know that it is a long road and a lot of work.  ;)

Calstate361

THANKS, It's a bit harder now that the 6 month "honeymoon" is over, but I guess it helps that I don't get hungry any more.  When I'm running around on a Saturday doing all my errends, I have to remind myself to stop and eat something like a piece of cheese, a slice of deli lunch meat, etc.  I still get the cravings, especially for popcorn (which I can't have and someone is always poping a bag at work) and so far I have been good about not eating any of that.  I can have my little piece of candy or cake, or what ever I'm not supposed to have, but since I can't eat a lot, I get by with just 1 or 2 bites, then I'm done.  Much, much better than before.  

Hope you can make it to the Lake of the Spirngs or the Half Dome Hyjinx to see me.  I would love to see all of you again.

Joan

OC Campers

Congratulations Joan. Keep up the good work. I saw my friend who had gastric by-pass a month ago and I didn't even recognize her. I rcognized the voice but not the person. I was so proud of her. She lost 200 lbs.

Jacqui

Calstate361

THANKS Jacqui,

Are you sure you got the time frame correct?  Loosing 200 lbs in on month?   I don't think so.....

Joan