News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Joan's Surgery

Started by Calstate361, Oct 11, 2005, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

Quote from: Dee4jJoan it's been a month...update PLEEEEEEEEZE :D
She is on a 3 day weekend. She will be back at work Mon. then back to Kaiser SF. Tues. so she will prob. update twice.

Sal

Calstate361

THANKS Dee,

I tried to reply first thing this  morning but the response I got was that the forum was not accepting new posts.....?????

Anyway, actually, I was off for 4 days becaue I had to take Thursday off to clean out the Hybred (and Friday was my RDO = regualar day off) because we were turning it in and picking up our new-to-us 5th Wheel on Friday.  BOY is that thing huge!!!

I went to my monthly case management meeting at Kaiser Point West (near Cal Expo) on Saturday and I'm now a total of 87 pounds lighter (lost 10 more pounds)!!!   I can't keep up with my clothes!!!   Get something new, wear it for 2-3 weeks and then it's too big.  

I go for another Dr. Appointment at So. SF tomorrow so don't know if I'll have any more news to post, but will let you know.

Joan  (aka Shrinking Violet, that's what they are calling me here at work!)

Gwenzilla

Joan thanks for the update.  Glad to hear all is going smoothly.  Congrats on the new fiver, but if you're getting smaller then why are you going bigger on the trailer?  
Give Sal our best wishes, hope he's doing well.  We hope to bump into you soon.  Maybe at the next Halfddome Hyjinx?? If there is going to be one that is....

See you lighter.

George, Donna & the chaos crew

Calstate361

Again I tried to post a reply first thing this morning and I got the message that this forum was not accepting messages.......????  Don't know what is going on.

We drove to So. SF for my doctor appointment yesterday.  He was very pleased with my progress and told me to keep doing what I'm doing.  His scale was a pound heavier than the Kaiser on Saturday so nothing new to report.   It's a bummer to have to drive 6 hours for a 15 minute appointment.  Anyway, I don't have to go back to see him for 3 months.

Since we didn't get stuck in traffic (both ways) we arrived early and were able to wonder around the little Farmers Market (only 6 vendors) and see what they had.  I purchased a couple of items, but the best one was a guy singing and playing an acoustic guitar by the name of Fred McCarty.  He has a very good vocal range and sings just about everything from Jazz to popular hits.   We purchased 4 CDs from him and enjoyed them on the way home.  I'll post his web site once I get it from home, unless Sal reads this and posts it (hint, hint, hint,).

Bottom line is that it was a nice trip and the doctor is happy with what I'm doing.  

I'll post again when I get weighed again either by CURVES or Kaiser.  Our case management meeting at Kaiser next month is cancelled because of the holiday (it's the 4th Saturday of every month).

Joan

OC Campers

Joan, it sounds like you are doing super.  I am so happy for you.  Keep up the good work.

Jacqui

griffsmom

Joan, I am so happy for you too!  What a tremendous accomplishment!!! You are doing great!!

Calstate361

Here is the link that I promised for Fred McCarty.  If you look on the left side of the home page, click on the "Alpiners USA".  That's him with the guitar and what he looks like now (without the beard).

//www.fredmccarty.com

GREAT MUSIC!

Joan

Calstate361

Hey I haven't updated you all in quite a while so I thought I would "bump" this thread to the top.

I haven't been weighed at Kaiser since April because the case management class was cancelled becuase of the Holiday.  My next class is on 6/24.  Anyway, judging from our scale, which is always off compared to Kaiser's, I'm down 90 pounds now.  I'm getting all kinds of comments from various people at work.  It's kind of nice.   Anyway, I'll post agian after the 24th.

Joan

griffsdad

Congratulations!!  Post pictures.

Dee4j

right on....Congrats...but could you pleeze quit sending the lbs you're losing down here :eyecrazy:  ;)

calstate360

Quote from: Dee4jright on....Congrats...but could you pleeze quit sending the lbs you're losing down here :eyecrazy: ;)
Don't know how they are making it to you? I seem to be finding them all.:mad:
As far as pictures everyone knows how she is about that. :yikes: I will have to sneak one of her again.:D
Sal

calstate360

Well here it is along with yet another new vehicle.:yikes: I have'nt even got a hat yet for this one to top it off Joan gave them our insurance papers from my truck and the morons lost them.:mad:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/551304315/2780092110039649485zpOtTr

Calstate361

YUK....I HATE my picture taken, but I did it just for you all.  I don't think you can really tell I have lost 90 lbs!!!

My son has had my BMW for over 2 months because we think it blew a head gasket. With him working 12-15 hours as a Master BMW Technician (mechanic) at Roseville BMW, in the Auto Mall, he can't seem to find the time to work on my car.  Friday he finally told us we should probably get another car!   Just what I wanted to hear after just getting Truck and 5th wheel payments.   Oh well, it's just money.  I told Sal if this keeps up I may not be able to retire a year from August.....

We got a pretty good deal because I had received a flyer from Roseville Hyundai for an big promotional sale of used repossessed cars and trucks.  On the back of the flyer were some stratch offs.  I got all 3 footballs which entitled me to over $1,600 to use as a shopping spree.  Well to make a long story short, I put the winnings toward the car and we came home with a 2004 Hyundai Sonata.  It's not bad for a cheap, economical car.   Everyone thinks it looks like a Toyota.  Since it is a 2004 we still have 8 years left on the warranty; it has the 6 air bags just like the commercial.  

Whenever my son gets the BMW fixed we will either keep it for Sal to run around in or sell it.

Joan

Calstate361

Latest update.....went to my post-op case management meeting Saturday morning and I'm down 96 pounds now.  I'm feeling GREAT!

Joan

Dee4j

Quote from: Calstate361Latest update.....went to my post-op case management meeting Saturday morning and I'm down 96 pounds now.  I'm feeling GREAT!

Joan

AWESOME....Great Job